Sign in to follow this  
Powerslide

New t-80's and leapords by sigma

Sigma-6 is at it again. He has made a complete new set of T-80's for OFP and let me say these are super models and much more realistic. Here's the scoop:

Here's the promised T80 pack. It includes the following:

T80B:

The Standard early version T80 during the Cold war. No reactive armour. . . basically a T72 with a turbine engine, for all intents and purposes, though it's closer to a T64. (based on it, actually)

T80BV: The T80 modelled by BIS for OFP. Basically a T80B with reactive armour. Not much more in armour protection than a glorified T72B/S.

T80U: The first real 'Third Generation T80'. This was introduced as the Cold War was ending and is the real reason why people see the T80 as generally superior to the T72.

It has Kontakt-5 ERA and the ability to fire the AT11 Sniper (Refleks) missile, unlike earlier versions, which fired the Kobra missile.

T80UE: A modernized and uprated T80U. Has the shtora system as well as other improvements.

Remember, the T80 has, by and large, the same armour packages and weapons as its contemporary T72 types. The T72 and the T80 in all versions share the same 125mm gun, though they have a different autoloader. Don't be confused by the higher specification number, the T80 and T72 shared their technological advancements at almost every stage. The main difference has always been the engine. Where the T72 has a multifuel diesel (will burn diesel, gasoline, kerosene, benzene, and combinations) the T80 has a 1100 horsepower gas turbine engine. It has the highest power-to-weight ratio of any modern tank. Grab them on the vehicles page

Update to the Leo tanks. They include many fixes including geometry issues and some new sounds as well as some config models bugs such as headlight always on. This pack includes 5 tanks and includes Canadian Leopard C1, Canadian Leopard C1 Camouflaged, Canadian Uparmoured Leopard C2, Canadian Leopard C2 and the Canadian Leopard C2 Camouflaged. Original Leo models once again by BW-Mod, special thanks to them. Head over to Operation Northstar page to grab these great units.

t801.jpgt802.jpg

leo2.jpgleo1.jpg

Do the leopards still require tje Canadian units addon?

if they do, is there any chance you could change this? giving them normal crew wont matter much as its incredibly easyfor mission makers to add them in, but i dont want to A: download other addons i dont neccessarily want or B: have error messages when starting up ofp

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Jan. 05 2003,19:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do the leopards still require the Canadian units addon?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, the base troops and cpack v 1.4 is required for the Canadian tanks to work. It only appropriate that the crew are Canucks.

Note: Does not require any other of the add ons

Adds these units to OFP - Works in 1.46 and 1.91

I got that from on there site for the T80s

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Powerslide @ Jan. 05 2003,19:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif3--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Jan. 05 2003,19wow.gif3)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do the leopards still require the Canadian units addon?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, the base troops and cpack v 1.4 is required for the Canadian tanks to work. It only appropriate that the crew are Canucks.<span id='postcolor'>

It's too bad, I think you are loosing many users by enforcing that. Don't take me wrong, I have nothing against national packs, on the contrary. They do however have a limited sphere of interests. I am sure that your canadian forces pack is very good, but I have too many addons already and I hate to clutter up the mission editor with units that I don't use. So I guess I won't be downloading the leos this time either sad.gif

Im split on the issue i think it would be nice to have them as public with jsut normal not partial crew.....but then again the MOD and all there hard work would like to put that there to get there pack downloaded and spread....and i think if u got the troops u would consider using them they are absolutely top notch.....i am not canadian or didnt reall ahve any interest in canadian military b4 i found this MOD....so your missin out.....id suggest deletin them others and gettin these.

Kevin

The T80's are superb! Again top-kill-supa-high-quality.

I didn't compare it yet but do the other tank also flip over if hit by an AT-rocket or might this be a little weight issue?

Me is gettin some new tanks. Do the new leopard still got that error that I got when I tried them? (unable to load somethingsomething.paa) confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Jan. 05 2003,19:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Powerslide @ Jan. 05 2003,19wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Jan. 05 2003,19wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do the leopards still require the Canadian units addon?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, the base troops and cpack v 1.4 is required for the Canadian tanks to work. It only appropriate that the crew are Canucks.<span id='postcolor'>

It's too bad, I think you are loosing many users by enforcing that. Don't take me wrong, I have nothing against national packs, on the contrary. They do however have a limited sphere of interests. I am sure that your canadian forces pack is very good, but I have too many addons already and I hate to clutter up the mission editor with units that I don't use. So I guess I won't be downloading the leos this time either <!--emo&sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'm sorry fellas, I know some of you may not want to use them because of this. The short and the long is our mod is Canadian, and consists of Canadian units, thats what we are working for. Who would want to use American crews in Canadian tanks anyway. For those of you that don't want them becuse of this that is fine, but as kevin said our troops and cpack is top notch and is only 2 pbo's. As far as the Russian tanks goes, they dont require any of our add ons and although they are not Canadian, Sigma has this going as a side project, and Im not complaining one bit, he does top notch work and we are lucky to have him on our mod team.

T80s look good. Their textures are not so bad, but need replacing with more realistic less plastic smile.gif T80B a little stronger than "normal" OFP T72, bettee ammo and protection. T80s later verions rule the battlefield.

In earlier SIG addon, those pack with T90, tank turret fronts are transparanet for LAW and another missiles. This time new Russian vehicles are not untouchable ones.

Instead of requiring the whole Cpack for the tanks, why don't you just make a smaller pbo that just includes the crew and weapons needed for the crew. That way there would still be the Canadian crew but people wouldn't have to have a lot of addons that they may never use.

Simple objection. There's a big canadian flag on the side of the tank, and it's a canadian version. I fail to see, logically, why you'd want a canadian tank if you didn't want a mere ten megs of canadian troops and weapons, especially since the whole package is very good quality, and very much worth having.

There are a lot of new weapons in that pack, there are three machine guns, 5 rifles, a new joint french/canadian ATGW, an MP5, a Remington shotgun, and. . . well, let's just say that it makes no sense to download the leopards anyway if you don't want the troops.

Besides, the Russian tanks don't require any other packs.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Jan. 05 2003,23:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Instead of requiring the whole Cpack for the tanks, why don't you just make a smaller pbo that just includes the crew and weapons needed for the crew.  That way there would still be the Canadian crew but people wouldn't have to have a lot of addons that they may never use.<span id='postcolor'>

Sorry, it's enough work as it is...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Me is gettin some new tanks. Do the new leopard still got that error that I got when I tried them?<span id='postcolor'>

That's not an error. Read the file that says 'readme', that's why it says 'readme'. It *wants* you to read it.

Good lord some of you people will bitch about anything and everything. If you only realized how ya sounded sometimes.

Canadian Terror, am I for addons or addons are for me? If I have objections, if I see untouchable for missiles front of new tank model, if I am interested in new tank model but not in new tank crew model, I talk about it.

There is strong need to make good addons, without bugs and with greatest textures as possible. SIG`s models are really good, see, that authors spent a lot of time creating a new vehicle, so there is even obligatoring help them to publish final and not-beta version of their product. Nice looking good acting tank role in OFP.

Why need version without great special "hura!" commando Canadian crew? Becouse of tons of fantastic, well done addons and chaos on HDD. When want test a new model of tank I do not really want test also his crew, new ammo loader, new command car and new artilery. Even, if are great. When publish a model of tank, can it be a new model of tank? Not new model of tank and mini army?

I know that promotion of good addons is worth much. But addons are for players, not vice versa.

The tank is part of a larger mod. This mod is Canadian and requires the Canadian crew...end of story.

If you want the same tank in another version, you can say the same thing to the Germans who made the original Leopard and they have a nice hefty dload where you get the entire German army in a exe file.

It is what it is and the customer isn't always right.

When you do stuff for free you have the advantage of being able to say that. . .  hehe.

I just have to say:

Thanks to the community on these forums for all your fantastic help with these addons. The constructive comments, as well as the knowledge displayed here has made the beta phase much shorter thn it might have been. Now, having fixed the geometry problems, like the missiles, and the random point-blank misses by other tanks. . .(as well as a large number of other niggling errors)  I can concentrate on the final textures for these sets. . . They're going to be a long time in the making, but they're looking good so far. . .

EDIT---

Oh yeah, if you're concerned about the crew issue in the Leos (since our stance is that there's not a lot of sense in making another superfluous version if the purpose of it is to be used in the ON* campaign) my suggestion is as follows:

download a copy of unpbo, crack the pbo file, extract the CPP (if you can't get it out. . . there may only be a bin. . . email me and I'll send you one) and using a text editor, change each line that says crew=CAF_Sold to the default American crew.

Actually, I'll go Sigma-6 one better.

Download O2 light and start building tanks boyo,

This ain't Burger King, you can't have it your way.

To any and all modders out there, from a fellow modder,

Knowing how much work is involved, and how many hours you'll sit working to make a silly little thing that a horde of ungrateful "experts" will rip to shreds the minute you post it,

I'll just say,

Thanks, I have your mod, thanks for making it, even if I don't care for it in particular I'll still take it, thanks for giving it to us