madrussian

[SP, Co-op] Fight Back! – Battle Survival Rougelike

Hey, I don't post often but I wanted to say this is a fantastic SP mission. Well done SP dynamic missions like Pilgrimage and OPEX are my favorites. I've noticed that sometimes if you have a rescue captives mission right at the beginning, they seem to get executed before I'm able to get close and cause a mission failure. I wasn't exactly sure what the repercussions where either. But this only happened a couple times and I've also had starts where it was fine. Look forward to the updates!

• Thanks 1

On 7/23/2019 at 7:24 PM, froggyluv said:

Good tips Mad - inspires me to fire up Arma again. I like missions that are really tough -oh yeah, keep going with that full nation battle Meta map. Hopefully you've worked out a fully working Auto-calc algorithm that factors in units skill level. Matter fact, i expect no less from you!

I hope you can get out of your A3 drought (you mentioned on PM), if hasn't happened already.  I get the exact same feeling sometimes and leave for a while, but just like you were saying something clicks and I always come back and everything is fresh again!  Maybe Contact release is just the ticket. 👽

On 7/23/2019 at 7:57 PM, johnnyboy said:

Love that hex map. Reminds of first war games I ever played (board games by Avalon Hill:  Afrika Corp, DDay, Anzio, Battle of the Bulge, Stalingrad....f*** I'm old!).  MR, you have huge ambitions and the impressive mind to get it done.  Rock on.

Good deal, for A3 board game idea I bet you in particular have some great ideas when the time comes. 🙂

Once I solve this crazy 0xC0000005 Status Access Violation I'm getting, ready to dive back into finishing our conquest of building interior mapping!  Hopefully we can get that working like a well-oiled dream-worthy A4 prototype.  Then onto my crazy meta map idea.  Wish I could clone myself about 15 times.

Btw - Curious, anyone playing with high resolutions (higher than 1920x1080) getting that error while playing this mission with certain IFA3 factions?

On 7/31/2019 at 2:16 AM, bloodborne24 said:

Hey, I don't post often but I wanted to say this is a fantastic SP mission. Well done SP dynamic missions like Pilgrimage and OPEX are my favorites. I've noticed that sometimes if you have a rescue captives mission right at the beginning, they seem to get executed before I'm able to get close and cause a mission failure. I wasn't exactly sure what the repercussions where either. But this only happened a couple times and I've also had starts where it was fine. Look forward to the updates!

Awesome, thanks for playing.  Nice to be mentioned in the company of such well crafted missions. :xmas:

OK just to clarify, there are two Civ-related objectives:

• "Save Captives":  The civs should be safe until you or your friendly forces approach their enemy captors.  There are a handful of things that get the captors shooting the civs and a handful of things that get the civs running.  This was a careful balancing act, and the result is it's usually best for players to try and complete this obj themselves, rather than simply order friendly AI in via map.  Unless you have lots of friendly AI to order in, and in that case try and order them so they all arrive at the same time.
  • "Assist the Colonists":  Usually a pretty easy objective, provided you get there in time (and importantly after enlisting, release them from your group, and order them to head to home base).  But be advised, currently these civs are 100% vulnerable from the very beginning.  So based on where the colonists are located, players should weigh priority of this obj as compared to the other Major Objs.  If the colonists are near the enemies spawn area or potentially along one of the enemies main routes, you'll probably want to go rescue them sooner.

^ Regarding "Assist the Colonists", currently seems there are perhaps edge cases where there is simply no possibility for players to rescue the colonists (in which case even if players hop in vehicle immediately and make a B-line, etc, they still won't get there in time).  Ok, I have added to my ToDo list making colonist safe for perhaps 5-10 minutes, so players always have an opportunity to save em.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, madrussian said:

Once I solve this crazy 0xC0000005 Status Access Violation I'm getting, ready to dive back into finishing our conquest of building interior mapping!  Hopefully we can get that working like a well-oiled dream-worthy A4 prototype.  Then onto my crazy meta map idea.  Wish I could clone myself about 15 times.

no hurry on my end.  broke my wrist and had surgery, so one handed typing for awhile, too hard to code.  keep up the good work tho.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, madrussian said:

Oh man that sucks!  How'd you injure it?

mtn biking, tumbled down rocky embankment.  maybe i should find a mtn bike sim instead haha

2 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

mtn biking, tumbled down rocky embankment.  maybe i should find a mtn bike sim instead haha

Your other hand will learn and become master of coding. In its newfound strength it will be your new best friend -with benefits..

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Wow, good thing it was your hand and not your skull.  Even playing on computer has gotta be tough too, which also sucks.  Anyhow, I wish you a speedy recover & well deserved break.

3 minutes ago, madrussian said:

Wow, good thing it was your hand and not your skull.  Even playing on computer has gotta be tough too, which also sucks.  Anyhow, I wish you a speedy recover & well deserved break.

thx buddy.  yeah cant play on computer yet.

19 minutes ago, froggyluv said:

Your other hand with learn and become master of coding. In its newfound strength it will be your new best friend -with benefits..

fluv man, u never disappoint, haha.  btw oxy is my new best friend...may become a yabahead yet

• Like 1