Jump to content

Recommended Posts

 

5TSTI9z.png

 

 

SOCMOD WIP THREAD

 

 

 

After a very long absence, I could not fight the urge any longer and decided to tackle the task of creating material for ARMA once again.  It has always been a joy doing stuff for ARMA and even though it has been a while, I have learned new things that I believe will help me achieve the results I am looking for.  Main areas that I feel I have improved on is modeling and texturing.  Currently the team only consists of myself, but hopefully, I can build on that someday.  I am always looking for members of the community that would like to help out with the projects that SOCMOD pursues.  Always looking for texture artists, so if you would like to take part in this feel free to PM me.

 

Now, the main focus of SOCMOD at least in the initial stages will primarily be focused on the United States Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command (MARSOC) units.  I am a Marine and will always have loyalty to the Corps and want to focus on them.  However, I do have wishes to show love to all of the forces in the community.  

 

This thread will be used to announce, update, and discuss current projects.  I am always looking for heartfelt responses and suggestions.  At times I may need help with certain areas of modding and will try and ask you guys for pointers or suggestions.  This post will be updated.

 

It is good to be back and hopefully, I will see some of you old guys soon!!!

 

 

  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first project is going to be a uniform.  I just completed the Merrell MOAB 2 MID VENTILATOR that I will be starting with.  I am planning on doing the Woodland uniform first.  Here is the start of the MOAB...

 

O3jSVpf.png

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9f3e74184cdc37da97bd884708fe570e.png

 

UPDATE 12JUN19:

 

Working on the uniform... TBH having trouble determining the correct brand of uniform used by MARSOC.  A lot of research and really not a clear answer out there, so I am basing my work off of reference pics. Love to hear any comments you may have...

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in recent years, mostly crye stuff. G3s or G3 style "cryefires", main difference with those being the drifire material used. some of the earlier drifires were AC/G2 styled but those weren't terribly common as far as I know. earlier on of course theres just a bunch of raid modded BDUs plus the occasional random thing rigged up by afghani locals.

 

edit: sometimes G3 field pants can be seen as well, also not very common. to my knowledge, they've never really had patagonia L9s.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wsxcgy said:

in recent years, mostly crye stuff. G3s or G3 style "cryefires", main difference with those being the drifire material used. some of the earlier drifires were AC/G2 styled but those weren't terribly common as far as I know. earlier on of course theres just a bunch of raid modded BDUs plus the occasional random thing rigged up by afghani locals.

 

edit: sometimes G3 field pants can be seen as well, also not very common. to my knowledge, they've never really had patagonia L9s.

 

Roger... I have gathered that they are using the Crye/Drifire stuff.  The references that I have seen of the Crye/Drifire stuff seems to be a little different than the reference pics I have of actual MARSOC.  The reference pics of MARSOC look like they are wearing pants similar to the G3 Field Pants, but the pockets are different.  The pockets look to be squared and the exact ones of the old BDU's.  Kinda looks like some sort of RAID MOD using G3 Field Pants...

 

a00e93e09cc826c763bb7b11aee3f227.jpg

 

 

9657ac712d6bbfa82e7ee2fd01f37e81.jpg

 

 

bab5d4972341a9dc1f7ff696522307aa.png

 

4b7bf054da7354982c0752d8f023fca7.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Working on a model with the inner kneepads...

 

 

7ccd79deadb69fb068594d1a281abdd2.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Meatball0311 said:

 

Roger... I have gathered that they are using the Crye/Drifire stuff.  The references that I have seen of the Crye/Drifire stuff seems to be a little different than the reference pics I have of actual MARSOC.  The reference pics of MARSOC look like they are wearing pants similar to the G3 Field Pants, but the pockets are different.  The pockets look to be squared and the exact ones of the old BDU's.  Kinda looks like some sort of RAID MOD using G3 Field Pants...

 

The real issue you are probably having is that there are several different versions of Drifires original combat uniforms. To help you ID them here is this:

Protos: body/torso material is a dirt brown color instead of CB like the old gens

Old gen: brown body material, aquamarine greenish blue velcro that fades super fast so usually it looks green/gray, sometimes they have a straight brown stretch panel above the knee sometimes they dont, there are also other versions with some weird shit like stretch on elbow area etc...

New gen: green body material, green velcro and no stretch

 

Also drifire is known for never having a consistent look and many times you will see stuff that is a mixture of various features or modifications like crye style knee pads etc... its all over the place.

 

Anything Crye style is most likely crye or crye/drifire/cryefire whatever you want to call it these days. The only exceptions I can think of are some beyond uniforms, potomac and obviously the classic raidmods.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
14
3 hours ago, warden_1 said:

 

The real issue you are probably having is that there are several different versions of Drifires original combat uniforms. To help you ID them here is this:

Protos: body/torso material is a dirt brown color instead of CB like the old gens

Old gen: brown body material, aquamarine greenish blue velcro that fades super fast so usually it looks green/gray, sometimes they have a straight brown stretch panel above the knee sometimes they dont, there are also other versions with some weird shit like stretch on elbow area etc...

New gen: green body material, green velcro and no stretch

 

Also drifire is known for never having a consistent look and many times you will see stuff that is a mixture of various features or modifications like crye style knee pads etc... its all over the place.

 

Anything Crye style is most likely crye or crye/drifire/cryefire whatever you want to call it these days. The only exceptions I can think of are some beyond uniforms, potomac and obviously the classic raidmods.

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rare to see uniforms made entirely from scratch, glad you're back, best of luck!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I battle with motivation at times and took sometime off.  Hopefully, I am back and will complete this.  When I take these breaks I always learn more and improve.  I redid the uniform and actually have figured out the correct uniform.  Seems MARSOC is using the Drifire FORTREX FR Combat Pants. Pretty happy how it is turning out.

 

https://gyazo.com/38be57d7a9cdf498742afa0e08a314a4

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looks good, can't wait to see how things progress. BTW the drifire uniforms were used from 2013 to 2015, since 2015 G3 cut cryefires have been issue, but the original drifires stuck around a bit with some guys. regardless, I think it would be refreshing to see something that isn't a G3 anyways. on the topic of not-crye, if you decide to go beyond the raiders, Patagonia combats would be awesome to see for ASOC boys too, those have been issue for a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wsxcgy said:

looks good, can't wait to see how things progress. BTW the drifire uniforms were used from 2013 to 2015, since 2015 G3 cut cryefires have been issue, but the original drifires stuck around a bit with some guys. regardless, I think it would be refreshing to see something that isn't a G3 anyways. on the topic of not-crye, if you decide to go beyond the raiders, Patagonia combats would be awesome to see for ASOC boys too, those have been issue for a while.

Hopefully I can get this fire started and I plan on doing other units.  Thanks for the scoop on the uniforms, do plan on making G3 for the digitals.  These drifires will be woodland.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×