johnnyboy

Generate AI path for building

1 hour ago, madrussian said:

I can definitely break it down by type of point (stairs top/bottom), window points, actual door standoff points, etc.  <- These are "hard" points are won't ever change.  Having a 100% predefined path my be a bit of a challenge though, due to the way I have to detect entry points, for one thing.

That's great.  Flagging stairs and doors is key. Real doors that can be closed/opened/locked is important for script knowing when to open or breach a door, or toss a frag or bang in. 

1 hour ago, madrussian said:

This building is designed to be buried to one degree or another, and this will vary from instance to instance based on the shape of the terrain and how the map creators oriented & buried it.  My code will currently select entry points all along the base (not pictured at the moment), but sometimes accordingly some of these entry points will be buried.  So it seems we'll have to determine some points on-the-fly.  But I'll provide quick/simple functions for that.  (Also something quick to consider - So far in my experiments SSSP is super-fast with these small numbers of points.)  Anyhow, just something to have in the back of our minds.  We'll make it all as pre-defined as humanly possible.

Oh crikey mate (as our pommie friends might say), that will be a challenge for the AI reckon.

@madrussian @johnnyboy Here's a video to help demo what I was talking about. (Sorry for no audio, Windows 10 forced itself to update a useless f^cking patch which uninstalled some of my drivers and reset ALL of my goddamn settings and forgot to setup OBS properly again)
If it's too difficult to understand what's going on because it's silent, I'll redo it with sound and commentate wtf is going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPb55D7ci-k&amp;feature=youtu.be (Can't embed video into post because it is listed as a "private" video)

Sounds good phronk, I'd like to see that.

4 minutes ago, phronk said:

Can't embed video into post because it is listed as a "private" video

Unfortunately, it being private also means we can't see it.  Can you make it public?

My bad, thought private was like Google Drive which lets you still share the link.

• Like 3

Thanks @Phronk,  I hope to use some techniques from that.  Even without AI moving thru buildings, if we place balls in strategic points based on MR's nodes (doorways, stair landings, windows, etc.) we can have AI cycle through watching those objects and thus intelligently scan for threats.

• Like 1

I posted a progress video:

• Like 1

Shame there is no way to get the roadway lod of a model.

house_roadway.png?raw=1

Theres your navmesh right there.

Interesting project though.

• Like 1