Sign in to follow this  
Tex -USMC-

3 americans killed in yemen

http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/meast/12/30/yemen.doctors/index.html

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">SAN'A, Yemen (CNN) -- A suspected Islamic extremist shot dead three U.S. humanitarian workers and wounded a fourth at a missionary hospital in southern Yemen, according to a hospital spokeswoman.

<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yemeni officials said the suspect was an Islamist militant who told police after his arrest that he had shot the two men and two women to "cleanse his religion and get closer to Allah," according to Reuters.

<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The dead are William Koehn, the hospital administrator; Kathleen Gariety, the hospital business manager; and Dr. Martha Myers, an obstetrician, said Wendy Norvelle of the Southern Baptist International Mission Board, which runs the hospital.

<span id='postcolor'>

Ridiculous .... cleansing his religion by shooting people who are trying to help other people. Lets hope that if allah excists he punishes this assh*le mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (supah @ Dec. 30 2002,18:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ridiculous .... cleansing his religion by shooting people who are trying to help other people. Lets hope that if allah excists he punishes this assh*le  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Couldn't have put it better. mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Dec. 30 2002,21:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (supah @ Dec. 30 2002,18:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ridiculous .... cleansing his religion by shooting people who are trying to help other people. Lets hope that if allah excists he punishes this assh*le  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Couldn't have put it better.  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, you could've corrected that asterisk. tounge.gif

How do some people's heads get so skewed that they'll kill people for nothing, just because they're an American. And not just nothing, for actually helping them.

mad.gif

You gotta remember, alot of people dont like our "help".

Sometimes the US has good intentions, and things go terribly wrong. Like in Somalia. But sometimes we have alterior motives, and end up bombing countries, and causing more harm than good.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aaron Kane @ Dec. 30 2002,23:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You gotta remember, alot of people dont like our "help".<span id='postcolor'>

That cannot justify killing humanitarian workers and civilians in general. Two wrongs don't make a right.

People that sign up for medical services in 3rd world countries should know about the risks. They are often kidnapped and/or killed. Nothing new. You have no monopole on this. Every year medical personal or civil helpers in aid programs get killed. Why ? Some locals dont see it as progress to turn over their traditional lifestyle and way of education. They think the traditional way is the right way. It needs a lot of work to show them that for example cutting the genitals of a female child is no good. But as it is a strong traditon and some claim it´s written in Koran (not true by the way) problems arise.

Getting killed in such a discussion is not a major incident in 3rd world countries. A life is not worthy there.

Sidenote: You know how many UN civil workers have been killed by US forces by accident ? Check Afghanistan.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Dec. 31 2002,00:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">People that sign up for medical services in 3rd world countries should know about the risks. They are often kidnapped and/or killed. Nothing new.<span id='postcolor'>

Of course, this is nothing new and not really front page material. It wouldn't have been mentioned internationally if it was help workers from another country.

However, I stand by that shooting civil help workers is the most chicken-shit coward act possible. I can only feel utter contempt and loathing towards the ones that killed those doctors.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">However, I stand by that shooting civil help workers is the most chicken-shit coward act possible.<span id='postcolor'>

Same here. To know it happens a lot doesnt mean to support it. I am not supporting guys who do such, but it is nothing special. Sorry if you got that impression wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sidenote: You know how many UN civil workers have been killed by US forces by accident ? <span id='postcolor'>

Equipment fails, poor judgement is made, shit happens. Combat can't be sanitized to where only combatants are killed. It's unfortunate, but it happens.

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Dec. 31 2002,00:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aaron Kane @ Dec. 30 2002,23:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You gotta remember, alot of people dont like our "help".<span id='postcolor'>

That cannot justify killing humanitarian workers and civilians in general. Two wrongs don't make a right.<span id='postcolor'>

I never said the killings were justified. They werent, and no killings of such a nature are justifiable.

How are we wrong anyways u know the pplz in the middle east haven't contributed anything to the world execpt oil since the earl 1900's

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Koolkid101 @ Dec. 31 2002,01:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How are we wrong anyways u know the pplz in the middle east haven't contributed anything to the world execpt oil since the earl 1900's<span id='postcolor'>

What are you talking about? confused.gif

Screw it, since september 11th it can hit you everywhere. Oh btw my family right now is in Kenya for hollidays. We thought it would be easy to get tickets after the latest terrorist bombing but we were wrong. People became indifferent about terorist threats. Whether you are in Indonesia, Germany, US, France or wherever, you are endangered. So why canceling a trip to kenya. In fact only very few canceled their flights to kenya!

One of the advantages of living in Midland, Texas is that it is essentially Podunk USA as far as terrorists are concerned. Nothing of symbolic importance, not alot of people to kill, and I'm fairly sure that we have the highest number of firearms per capita of any place in America that isn't a military base.

Although, during the Cold War my area was number 3 or 4 on strategic hitlists, because it is America's breadbasket as far as domestic petroleum production is concerned (back when we produced enough for it to be considered a breadbasket).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Dec. 31 2002,01:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm fairly sure that we have the highest number of firearms per capita of any place in America that isn't a military base.<span id='postcolor'>

lol, Yeah you dont want to mess with texans wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Dec. 31 2002,01:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One of the advantages of living in Midland, Texas is that it is essentially Podunk USA as far as terrorists are concerned. Nothing of symbolic importance, not alot of people to kill, and I'm fairly sure that we have the highest number of firearms per capita of any place in America that isn't a military base.

Although, during the Cold War my area was number 3 or 4 on strategic hitlists, because it is America's breadbasket as far as domestic petroleum production is concerned (back when we produced enough for it to be considered a breadbasket).<span id='postcolor'>

Did you think Kenya would be a great terorist target? (besides maybe the embassy). Oh and do you think a silly firearm is gonna protect you against a truck full of explosives. Well I guess not but I seriously hope you will never be proven wrong! smile.gif

Texas isnt a real problem. Blow up a farm and lean back. All the weapons will be used on the assumed bomber (neighbour, bystanders, sheriff, cows, whatever ) Come back in half a year and see how many are left. Donate some ammo and new guns to them and go off for another 6 months. After that time you will have an empty country for your own useage . biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Dec. 31 2002,01:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Did you think Kenya would be a great terorist target? (besides maybe the embassy). Oh and do you think a silly firearm is gonna protect you against a truck full of explosives. Well I guess not but I seriously hope you will never be proven wrong!  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You're right, Kenya is not a likely target for terrorism. However, note that terrorism carried out in Kenya is not directed at Kenya itself; they are using Kenya as a convenient hunting ground due to its overall 3rd-worldness. Porous borders, inneffectual/corrupt security forces, it's much easier for a wolf to kill sheeps when they are out to pasture rather than in the paddock.

I didn't intend on sharing this with you but I used to think that messing my life up with drugs and being a gangster would bring me closer to God. Everytime I looked up in service there was some reformed crack adict who's a new pastor that appreciates life and I hated mine. A teenager with horrible body odor, its a miracle I even had friends. I finally got a girlfriend because lets face it thin people are attractive. She didn't know about my odor problem, which was really anxiety I found out, hidden underneath strong cologne. I started smoking dope hoping it'd keep us in a relationship. The anxiety just grew. I figured that having a relationship would make it stop. Well sooner or later after about a year or so I got put into rehab for having a nervous breakdown. The moral of this news article is not to let yourself think that doing wrong will get you closer to God or any higher being no matter your religion, no matter who makes it look that way. Take it from me. Though the circumstances between this kid n the news and I are different, they are very much the same.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Dec. 31 2002,01:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I didn't intend on sharing this with you but I used to think that messing my life up with drugs and being a gangster would bring me closer to God.  Everytime I looked up in service there was some reformed crack adict who's a new pastor that appreciates life and I hated mine.  A teenager with horrible body odor, its a miracle I even had friends.  I finally got a girlfriend because lets face it thin people are attractive.  She didn't know about my odor problem, which was really anxiety I found out, hidden underneath strong cologne.  I started smoking dope hoping it'd keep us in a relationship.  The anxiety just grew.  I figured that having a relationship would make it stop.  Well sooner or later after about a year or so I got put into rehab for having a nervous breakdown.  The moral of this news article is not to let yourself think that doing wrong will get you closer to God or any higher being no matter your religion, no matter who makes it look that way.  Take it from me.  Though the circumstances between this kid n the news and I are different, they are very much the same.<span id='postcolor'>

Well though i feel for you and how you felt back then (I hope you feel better about yourself nowadays, being fat isnt a shame) I dont feel you and the murderer (where did you get kid from?) are alike. He killed someone because he was an american and his infidel mullah's told him to .... i dont see the link. BTW he didnt just kill the docters .... think about the people depending on the care the give, people who without treatment now are worse off (of not going to die)

Agree! but I consider your border patrol to be much more of a restricting factor than a few firearms owners. One thing is for sure, if you want to hit an american then hit him abroad!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Dec. 31 2002,03:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Agree! but I consider your border patrol to be much more of a restricting factor than a few firearms owners. One thing is for sure, if you want to hit an american then hit him abroad!<span id='postcolor'>

which is why I don't worry about a bomb going off on my street.

Sorry Midland, But Kennesaw Ga leads the nation in gun ownership <due in large part to a city ordinance requiring a firearm in every home, Kennesaw also has the lowest per capita crime rate, but Federal authorities state that the cities "gun law" has nothing to do with that statistic>

on topic <in offtopic? fascinating>

Shooting unarmed old people <the youngest of the slain was 50 ish> in the name of "god" is an act of hate, just like any redneck in a bedsheet burning a cross on a black man's lawn,

Trying to dignify it makes you suspect, trying to justify makes

you foolish, and trying to say it's no big deal just makes you callous.

If it's no big deal, send some aid workers from your country over here, I'll shoot them and you can tell CNN "it's no big deal"