Sign in to follow this  
fighter

Zu-23-2 - final version !

Yeah its great. It just need a new map icon instead of the mount mg one.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Dec. 30 2002,00:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah its great. It just need a new map icon instead of the mount mg one.<span id='postcolor'>

I just hope he fixed the problem of not being able to lock on missles to the AA guns. That pisses the hell out of me as it leaves AI pilots defenseless against the AA gun.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

He havn't fixed two big bugs:

1) Commander don't fall from the gun when killed

2) Commander stay on the gun when it is destroyed

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ Dec. 30 2002)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">He havn't fixed two big bugs:

1) Commander don't fall from the gun when killed

2) Commander stay on the gun when it is destroyed<span id='postcolor'>

Is this a serious bug? I think it's ok as long as the wound textures are visible in the commander and the position is still available for action.

A wonderful addon, too bad we cannot have two guns firing, so we could get two tracers.

Edit: Some weird smilies found their way into the previous message ...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1) Commander don't fall from the gun when killed

2) Commander stay on the gun when it is destroyed<span id='postcolor'>

i can't fix it.

hey AKM74 m8 saw some new russian soldiers of your on russian site when you release these guys they are modern spetsnaz right xmas.gif

I find that if I am commander the AI gunner won't target or fire, but if I get out he starts firing.

AKM74, I thought you said in the other thread that you fixed that part where the AI pilots can detect the ZSU-23-2's?confused.gif

Both the AI pilots and human pilots can not lock onto them. They just get shot at and ignore the AA guns.

I was really looking forward to making some really sweet missions with your ZSU-23-2 but sadly I'll have to just keep using the Shilkas or the DKM AA tank which is a shame. In almost all my missions the AA guns need to be destroyed by gunships or attack aircraft before the transport helicopters or aircraft can come in. I can not do this with your addon unless I was to modify it myself so that the AI detects it. But then there would be two versions of it floating around on the net, which would cause a lot of confusion.

PLEASE, I am begging you to PLEASE allow the aircraft to detect the ZSU-23-2 on radar! Please read my post on the other thread to see why it is VERY realistic to have aircraft detect it. Everything else about this addon I absolutely LOVE! At the very least make two versions in one pack. One with .cpp that allows aircraft radar to detect it, and one that doesn't. That shouldn't be difficult to do. That way at least mission makers have a choice about which to use and it shouldn't add any significant increase in file size to the addon.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Both the AI pilots and human pilots can not lock onto them.<span id='postcolor'>

I did fix it. It works for me 100 times from 100.

Try to deploy 2 or 3 ZU23’s, make your self civilian observer. Then made 2 or 3 helos flying toward you from 3 or 4 km.

Your ZU23’s will be destroyed in seconds. And yes, AI helis will use rockets to do so.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AKM74 @ Dec. 31 2002,07:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Both the AI pilots and human pilots can not lock onto them.<span id='postcolor'>

I did fix it. It works for me 100 times from 100.

Try to deploy 2 or 3 ZU23’s, make your self civilian observer. Then made 2 or 3 helos flying toward you from 3 or 4 km.

Your ZU23’s will be destroyed in seconds. And yes, AI helis will use rockets to do so.<span id='postcolor'>

Ah I see what happened... the install creates a folder in the addons directory. Just for future reference, it's usually preferable if you have install just the .pbo file without a folder for it. When it installs the folder it forces the player to have to go into the addons directory again and cut and paste the .pbo file from the ZSU-23 folder into the addons directory. That can create alot of confusion sometimes and is just an extra hassle.

Anyways, thanks for the info and the great job on the ZSU-23. The mission I'm making now works perfectly. The ZSU-23-2's now are are bombed by the G8 Tornados however your ZSU-23's really put up a good fight and downed a couple of the Tornados as I put 8 of them around the northern airbase on the Nogova map. I also have one SU-25 flying CAP. It's quite a light show at night. smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

A very nice way for finish 2002!! This ZU23 Rocks, thanks AKM74 for bring it inside OF in this great way. You make many people happy. Happy new year to all the forums m8s!

Great final version, I can´t find anything wrong with it! smile.gif

The AI always kill ZU´s for me, and for those complaining about not being able to lock on with missiles...it´s REALISTIC!

And it works great since the ZU´s aren´t as powerful or quick to fire as Shilkas or Tunguskas (fictional addon, BTW) so they are less effective but also harder to kill.

And I don´t know a single plane or chopper in OFP that only has missiles, try using your MG or rockets!

Happpy new year! biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gollum1 @ Dec. 31 2002,18:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Great final version, I can´t find anything wrong with it! smile.gif

The AI always kill ZU´s for me, and for those complaining about not being able to lock on with missiles...it´s REALISTIC!

And it works great since the ZU´s aren´t as powerful or quick to fire as Shilkas or Tunguskas (fictional addon, BTW) so they are less effective but also harder to kill.

And I don´t know a single plane or chopper in OFP that only has missiles, try using your MG or rockets!

Happpy new year! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Gollum...  If the AI pilot/gunner can't lock on to the target, they won't attack with cannons or rockets.  This meant that when I played an infantryman and called in airsupport, my aircraft were ripped to shreds by the ZSU-23-2 AA guns because they would not attack them.   Furthermore if I  played the gunner in an aircraft (like the Tornado) the pilot would not point the plane at the ZSU's so I couldn't fire at them.  Likewise my wingmen wouldn't attack them.  However thankfully AKM-74 fixed this problem and I am VERY grateful for that.   Now aircraft attack them just fine and they still put up a good fight and shoot down aircraft especially when the attack aircraft are busy blowing up tanks and trucks.

Also... how is not being able to lock a missile on to a ZSU-23-2 realistic?  If the pilot can see where the tracers are coming from, he or his weapons officer (if it's something like a Tornado or F-15E Strike Eagle) can target the AA gun with a laser designator.  As I said in the other thread, "tracers work both ways".   Over Iraq AA guns do not live long once they open fire on NATO aircraft.  Despite camoflage they are usually quickly destroyed.

As for the "Tunguskas", it is not a fictional addon.   Look here:

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/row/2s6m.htm

The "Tunguska M1" system has not yet been fielded, but the regular Tunguska has.    

For example on this page:  http://www.geocities.com/Pentagon/6453/chechnyaA.html

Look at Lesson 21 and Lesson 43.  They talk about how the Tunguska was used as part of urban warfare assault teams.  That site by the way is a very good site for anyone in the military interested in studying modern urban combat.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

xmas.gif

you can watch Tunguska "in action" video here

ROS

klick on "VIDEO" on top menu. Then scroll down to "Air Defence Systems"

i'm also recomend to watch "TOR-M1 Surface-To-Air Missile System"

Modern Spetz Naz

edit: ralphwiggum: pic size > 100k

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AKM74 @ Dec. 31 2002,22:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Moden SpetzNaz<span id='postcolor'>

Are those units available for download anywhere?

I meant more like that the gun shouldn´t show on radar.

And as I said, it also makes them harder to kill, which balances them well in-game.

And EVERY beta has worked for me just fine.

I haven´t been able to lock on with missiles, but the gun and rockets always lock on.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ Jan. 01 2003,13:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It is not avaliable for download yet but u can get theese guy from http://www.flashpoint.ru:

_gru.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Unfortunately I can't - I'm not a member of the Russian forums, and I don't speak enough russian to sign up confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ExtracTioN @ Jan. 01 2003,07:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the new spetsnaz rocks finnaly some modern day spetsnaz xmas.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I agree AKM74's Spetsnaz look very nice. I hope someone also makes some with those big kevlar assault helmets that they wear along with Type-IV body armor with ceramic plates on them.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>