Hi all,

I'm about to issue a D-Day mission SP/MP (Iron Front addon + CUP terrains).  Everything goes well so far but I'm trying to add an intro via 3den for SP sessions. This should be simple... 

For test, I'm just clicking on intro layer in 3den, then adding a simple player and a waypoint. I added a condition true trigger with countdown set to 20 sec and end1 termination (to terminate the intro).

No camera sequence at this level. Just a basic intro...

Well!

Not sure to understand the following:

a bunch of errors in rpt file and on screen:

Spoiler

14:27:12 "Kobayashi Maru/BIS_fnc_log: [preInit] ""DeltaTime computation started"""
14:27:12 [30633,1033.14,0,"XEH: PreInit started. v3.8.0.180801"]
14:27:12 [30633,1033.54,0,"XEH: PreInit finished."]
14:27:12 "Kobayashi Maru/BIS_fnc_log: [initFunctions] ""Functions recompiled"""
14:27:13 [30634,1034.45,0,"XEH: PostInit started. MISSIONINIT: missionName=Omaha, missionVersion=53, worldName=Colleville, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true, isDedicated=false, CBA_isHeadlessClient=false, hasInterface=true, didJIP=false"]
14:27:13 [30634,1034.46,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=3.8.0.180801, "]
14:27:13 [30634,1034.46,0,"XEH: PostInit finished."]
14:27:13 Error in expression <l BIS_fnc_saveInventory} forEach  units HUBERT;

>
14:27:13   Error position: <HUBERT;

>
14:27:13   Error Undefined variable in expression: hubert
14:27:13 File C:\Users\Utilisateur\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Kobayashi%20Maru\missions\Omaha.Colleville\initServer.sqf, line 48
14:27:17 Error in expression <riable ["admitGrp",false]) && {!(_x in [HUBERT])}};
_allCannonVehicles = vehicle>
14:27:17   Error position: <HUBERT])}};
_allCannonVehicles = vehicle>
14:27:17   Error Undefined variable in expression: hubert
14:27:17 File C:\Users\Utilisateur\Documents\Arma 3 - Other Profiles\Kobayashi%20Maru\missions\Omaha.Colleville\initServer.sqf, line 105

I thought intro was running before scenario, then before init.sqf and all EH stuffs.... In fact, I don't understand how it works!

- Why intro is running the init.sqf with all the init fields of non-yet existing units! I have plenty of units and variables in my scenario I don't care for intro!!!

for example, I named the playable group : HUBERT... and I got an error for a non-defined HUBERT in intro.... Sure! :dozingoff: What for? I don't want to copy/paste all units from scenario to intro!

- Not found a good tuto. I don't mean a way to make a video but something explaining the sequence, initialization order, things to do on 3den intro. I discovered lately the need to have a player as unit, even if there is no playable thing in intro (and no player defined?) or the need to place something to exit the sequence... Not sure what exactly.

So, is there any pro of intro, BI dev, who could help for general information about that? (I'm not looking for mission example but rather a minimum things to know).

Thanks

Hey man, I don't know if it is exactly what you're looking for, but I found THIS very useful.

Just ditch the idea of using the vanilla intro/outro stuff and script it via event files depending on for whom you want to run this intro.

Cheers

Thanks. I saw a dozen of tutos with camera stuff but none explained why I get some error (see spoiler) because my init.sqf refers to undefined group variable (hubert) coming from my scenario layer.

All tutos I saw consider a simple copy/paste of a all objects from basic scenario to intro and/or outro. Sure, this way, no problem of variables...

I got also some warning lines (at bottom) with a respawn module working fine in scenario and non present in intro... I know intros are not for MP....

But what if you want a "lighter" scene in intro (say 3 aircraft flying over a camp) without the bunch of enemy groups and their waypoints and triggers?

I failed to do that simple thing, regardless of camera stuff. I'm not yet at this level!

The reason why I asked for a process step by step rather than video tutos. I'd like to add a basic intro for a complex scenario (in term of edited units and modules). If someone succeeded in via 3den, or can explain how things work in Arma engine, thanks for your help.