jandrews

Hey mission makers which is the best....

Spawn engine.  I am wanting to make a type of persistent dynamic mission with zones and unit spawning based on clearing zones and completed side missions.  Is there a gold standard out there?  What is everyone using?  Thanks.

• Like 1

I have used many,and i cant reccomend Jebus enough 

It has many many options when spawning/respawing,such as respawn amount array, delay array,,start time,position,safe distance radius,cache system,Init gets remembered,WPs get remembered,integrated GAIA support if you wana use MCC/GAIA which iv tested extensively,they work like a charm together.Also has a function to delete Air/ground units if crew dismount(useful for ejecting pilots being ejected far away and aircraft not getting respawned) All can be called via triggers too.

AI skill is remembered on respawn,vehicle appearance / pylons info saved. Have a look at the page i linked theres more info there.

Its also updated frequently by Dreadpirate.

Limitations are few,my only issue is that it cant remember group callsigns.

• Like 2

Dac is a very good one and also it changes generally the behaviour of the ai.

• Like 2

Hey thanks.  I think dac is outdated scripts. At least from what I read on it.  Jebus is an option, never used it before.  Anything like EOS which includes zones, spawns and reinforcements?  

• Like 1

DAC is still viable but it's a pain in the ass to use -- Duuno why you think it's outdated. It's very in-depth and it's difficult to set up the first few times, but it still works. We have people in my group that use it.

Personally I use a framework that was developed by one of the members of my group, so regrettably I'm not too helpful with suggestions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jandrews said:

EOS

Is also good for what you want , and it can auto garisson the units inside structures.

You could consider of using EOS + Dac in my opinion at the same time.

Both are good for this project.

Eos has also a defend option.

4 hours ago, Vauun said:

DAC is still viable but it's a pain in the ass to use -- Duuno why you think it's outdated. It's very in-depth and it's difficult to set up the first few times, but it still works. We have people in my group that use it.

Personally I use a framework that was developed by one of the members of my group, so regrettably I'm not too helpful with suggestions.

Outdated as in last update (at least known) was 2014-04-29. It may still work just fine but no doubt the code is old and could do with some clean up, as for anything released. Also, where is the script version?

21 hours ago, jandrews said:

Spawn engine.  I am wanting to make a type of persistent dynamic mission with zones and unit spawning based on clearing zones and completed side missions.  Is there a gold standard out there?  What is everyone using?  Thanks.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19832

• Like 1

I like Engima's stuff at the moment, but more for patrols/randomization. EOS is probably the "gold standard" as far as the "clearing zones" thing is concerned - that's what it was designed for, to mimic the A2 Fireball Insurgency red/green zone system. The counterattack feature is also pretty nifty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spunfun ai spawn scripts were awesome.  I believe those scripts don't all work anymore.  Matter of fact I believe he updated the code and made it a mod.  Which is fine.  But just another add-on players have to dl.  But yes his stuff is gold.  It's too bad the community lost him to some unfortunate stuff.  I believe he is the reason we had vas early on in arma3.  Nonetheless still looking.  Thanks for the input.  Might consider Alive to cover some, side missions and not sure what else. Invade and annex is really good too.  Older versions as the new framework isn't editable.

12 minutes ago, jandrews said:

Spunfun ai spawn scripts were awesome.  I believe those scripts don't all work anymore.  Matter of fact I believe he updated the code and made it a mod.  Which is fine.  But just another add-on players have to dl.  But yes his stuff is gold.  It's too bad the community lost him to some unfortunate stuff.  I believe he is the reason we had vas early on in arma3.  Nonetheless still looking.  Thanks for the input.  Might consider Alive to cover some, side missions and not sure what else. Invade and annex is really good too.  Older versions as the new framework isn't editable.

They work. I think some people just don't know how to set them up, lol. There is module and script version.

Whatttt a script vvvvversion?  Is it the same older one? I love his stuff.  Was a sad day in mission maker history when his stuff started to break with noone at the helm. I will try the scripted stuff again. Didn't know he updated both.  Just knew about the mod version.  Thanks for the update. 

15 hours ago, Harzach said:

EOS is probably the "gold standard" as far as the "clearing zones" thing is concerned

:yeahthat: