Sign in to follow this  
OxPecker

Uaz with mg

OK, 2 questions-

1. Does/did the USSR army have a UAZ version with a mounted machine gun? I tried searching the web, but could find no pics.

2. If it does exist, why the heck has no one made it for OFP, instead of making 32 different types of Hummer?

No doubt its been done. Its even been incorperated into flashpoint (not resistance). Someone made a resistance UAZ with the top cut off and put an MG42 on the front. Looked pretty good. Sorry dont have the URL. I got it from OFPEC in the forums. If you search the forums there you may find it.

Why would you put a WW2 MG on a Russian vehicle? Where are the technicals, UAZ with NSV's, AA rocket systems, etc?

I had a look about the web for real-life images of an armed UAZ, but I couldn't find anything...anyone else have any?

They definately exist with mounted PK Machine guns -just recently there was some crappy direct-to-video type movie on TV here (filmed in Eastern Europe somewhere) - in one scene a PK armed UAZ was racing down a runway after the hero..probably not a great source I admit...

http://www.aeronautics.ru/img003/chechnyamilapc59.jpg shows one in Chechenya..wearing an interesting camo scheme

I made this a long time ago:

uazmg3.jpg

But, its the UAZ from the demo, so its veery ugly compared to the full version one, plus it has no lod leves etc, it never got released tounge.gif

Kegetys are you planning to make a new model of the UAZ with a mounted PK???

And your tunnel addon in the form of landscape are you making a new map with it with tunnels xmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Dec. 23 2002,17:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I made this a long time ago:

uazmg3.jpg

But, its the UAZ from the demo, so its veery ugly compared to the full version one, plus it has no lod leves etc, it never got released tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly the one I was refering to.

Kegetys, I know you are a perfectionist, and you don't release your addons until they are fully functional, but could you maybe release this version of the UAZ as a Christmas present for us? I know it's not up to your usual high standard, but it would still be great.

this version of demo has no lods told's da MAN so you will get problems with it that it turns from distance white or you can walk through the UAZ or you can't kill the driver and tha gunner you know when he release it you say it is to buggy give tha man time maybe he can make a new model or make this model perfect xmas.gif

It won't turn white, that only happens if you forget to texture the lods. LOD's are so that the model gets less polygons depending on your settings, and the distance you are away from it.

It looks like a nice addon.  I can picture a mission now using it.  After arriving in a small town where noone likes to talk to American soldiers you find out that the cafe is frequented by a russian squad every so often at the same hour each day.  Set up an ambush when they come to the cafe at the scheduled time.  Then find out where they came from and await further orders.  If its lightly defended search for captives.  I'd do it if this addon was out. Oh and kegetys where can I get a tunnel addon?

I'm pretty surprised too that noone has brought one of these out - it would make for a great fast attack vehicle for the Spetsnaz or where anything too heavily armed/armoured would be a bit inappropriate...

But as someone said before, technicals with .50cal machine guns in the back would be ideal for the resistance or a milita force.

Yes a UAZ W/ PK would be very nice, I would use it in all my missions. Surprised no-one has done it yet (not counting the mg42 one...what´s a German WWII MG doing on a UAZ??)

Want! Need! xmas.gif