EO

Sullen Skies, Ambient Animals, Animals Module-Extended

Another cheery vacation postcard from EO.  Great work as always!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 10/8/2023 at 4:01 AM, EO said:

HuQuvoF.png

ZJ5hZg0.png

mDUJIeR.png

LMgJLGU.png

IfPZ8gW.pngoZAqyfF.png

For Overlord Zorn.

Steam Workshop.

Looking great EO.

Im gona look at the ambient animals as chernarus 2020 seem not to have rabbits in its config and me is hungry in ravage.

I used the wild boar,i actually loved the sounds,model and the pig in general with its flee behaviour,unfortunately,the mod appears to lock up various loading screens quite often so i had to remove it.

Do any of these animals you have as ambient have any flee behaviour?

There was a guy,jhonnyBoy, who created a faster animation script for animals. I would love to see an animal mod that combined that with a fleeing behaviour,and your extra animals for hunting immersion.

This mod is a great addition to survival scenarios,good work man.

Hey man, yes the boar mod always came with the caveat that it was more than a little buggy, user discretion for sure.

Unfortunately none of the other vanilla ambient animals have any scripted fleeing behaviours, with the exception of rabbits if Ravage is loaded. (advanced animal behaviour for rabbits is active by default in the Settings module)

Regarding Chernarus 2020 and lack of wildlife, I'll upload a mod that adds ambient animals to the map, can't have fellow Ravagers going hungry.....

2 hours ago, EO said:

Hey man, yes the boar mod always came with the caveat that it was more than a little buggy, user discretion for sure.

Unfortunately none of the other vanilla ambient animals have any scripted fleeing behaviours, with the exception of rabbits if Ravage is loaded. (advanced animal behaviour for rabbits is active by default in the Settings module)

Regarding Chernarus 2020 and lack of wildlife, I'll upload a mod that adds ambient animals to the map, can't have fellow Ravagers going hungry.....

That would be amazing!

in my scenario i currently have the ambient animals "sites" module down,though it is limited in selection , goats,sheep.chickens etc

Actually the western sahara DLC had its own site module for camels but what was interesting was that in its init module you could specify a classname of animal(unlike BIS site module) and so i added the boar classname to that and had boars all over the map,spawning and despawning. 

For now i have vanilla animal sites module with chickens and goats on cherno,but il look forward to your mod!

Oh and ANZACSAS Steve Said he would make an extended grass mod for cherno 2020 much like the other terrains. iv also got your livonia ambience for 2020. sublime experience playing there,i feel like the early days of the standalone.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, EO said:

SHujsFv.png

Steam Workshop.

@redarmy Now you can eat....

rF36LUc.jpg

:rthumb:

Thank you so much. I will honor you and this mod by building via zeus a rabbit pen,capturing one as i build around him,and name him EO_1 lol

By the way i tracked down an annoying issue on this map with ravage furniture spawning system. If you happen to be ravaging there and using Haleks ambient furniture,add this to your blacklist:

"Land_Shed_10_F"

This shed had a position for a crate object however it was odd,it kept spawning it on roads,mid air wth imulation disabled,along with pile of garbage. If you drive enough on that map it wont be long before you pummel full speed into a solid floating crate and die without this exclusion. Its a livonian shed so,its also probably an issue on Livonia.

Also cherno 2020 doesnt adhere to some settings in ravage like airport lights off, and fuel pumps still give you fuel. Haleks released a mod to fix it for CUP terrains but it doesnt include 2020. Use this to stop all gas pumps on map refuelling your vehicles.

_allFuelStations = ([0,0,0] nearObjects 150000) select {getFuelCargo _x > 0};
{_x setFuelCargo 0} foreach _allFuelStations;

thanks again man

• Like 2

@EO

Is there any chance you would consider making an alternative Sullen Skies for Tanoa and Lythium using your "no clouds" method like you did for me for Kujari?  I really like having the extra texture of having lower clouds in a mission where there are clouds, especially in a place like Tanoa, where you get those puffy cumulus mid-day build ups, but also having the option of making it a clear morning/night (or a clear winter's day on Lythium).

I know you've said the blending isn't quite what you wanted, but I've been SUPER happy with what you did for the Kujari "no cloud" modification.  I apologize if making the request for a (or two!) maps is out of line.  I just really like the atmosphere your work can add, but also like sunny days sometimes!

@gatordev Thanks for the kind words and suggestions.

Yes, I still remember wrestling with the "no cloudless skies" feature before the first version was ever released, but I went with it for a couple of reasons....

Scotland, we rarely get cloudless skies here in Scotland but we are great at generating dark, low lying clouds.

And Ravage, for creating that ominous post apocalyptic feel.

While I live and breathe I'm always happy to take on requests, I'll upload a version for Tanoa and Lythium. (I can actually picture how attractive a Tanoa version would be with the way you've described it. :rthumb:)

I was having some Workshop issues, mainly the Publisher software but I've found a workaround so I should be able to upload them to the Workshop too.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@gatordev Here's the Tanoa version, Dropbox link for now.... https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/0kqv31h7f806of6a6vw57/h?rlkey=1v3ntn6uyoqd6oc71hiu50wzj&dl=0

Going forward I think I'll wait until I've created a few versions of the cloudless variant before uploading to the Workshop, then make a separate collection of them, so as not to confuse with existing versions of the original Sullen Skies, if that makes sense.😅  

And your absolutely right, it looks cool on Tanoa...

(Using the Time Acceleration module for a quick transitions test) 

17 hours ago, EO said:

While I live and breathe I'm always happy to take on requests, I'll upload a version for Tanoa and Lythium. (I can actually picture how attractive a Tanoa version would be with the way you've described it. :rthumb:)

I was having some Workshop issues, mainly the Publisher software but I've found a workaround so I should be able to upload them to the Workshop too.

4 hours ago, EO said:

And your absolutely right, it looks cool on Tanoa...

Thank you so much.  That looks great!  I've been spending a lot of time on Tanoa making a small PLA invasion mission set, so getting the extra feel of the tropics will look great.  Thanks again!

• Like 1

Thank you so much, @EO .

A bit of a feedback report on Tanoa...  I've only played with it a little bit (haven't gone back to some missions with more rain), but I was finishing up making a mission which starts at post-dawn with only a few very early morning cumulus clouds.  As the mission progresses, it turns into a running firefight into the hills east of Tuvanaka as the sun is rising and the clouds increasing slightly.  The effect of having lower clouds, but not a ton of them, and the vanilla sky of the sunrise looked fantastic, and pretty realistic given we're talking about a 10 year old game.

So thank you again for making these up.

• Thanks 1

hi EO 🙂

first, many  thanks for your "Sullen skies" mod !  :))
They are very immersive and a must have 🙂

I have a question concerning a specific map which is: Beketov.

In 2017, you noticed that both rain sound and wind were "broken" in this map.
Since Beketov never been updated, this sound issue is still going on.

I doubt you remembered it, but at the time; you posted a config to fix it.

Well...I'm no config pro at all.

-DOES USING ONE OF YOUR SULLEN SKIES MOD WILL AUTOMATICALLY FIX THE RAIN AND SOUNDS THAT ARE MISSING ON BEKETOV ?

if yes, which one of your mod do you recommend ? The Sullen skies CUP ? Or the Sullen skies altis/stratis/malden ?

I quite new to Arma, so still experiencing many things;

-does all your Sullen skies mods are all the same skies but with adapted config to work on a specific map ?

-or are the sky in "Sullen skies Chernarus" different than "Sullen skies Tanoa" ?

Thanks again EO ! hope to see you on Arma 4 😉 

@ABCDFE

Sullen Skies doesn't fix anything on Beketov, it just changes the cloud formation.

I never released a version for Beketov as it inherits the Simulweather class from Stratis, so running the vanilla version of Sullen Skies (Altis,Stratis,Malden) should still work on Beketov.

Regarding your other queries....

Sullen Skies produces the same effect regardless of what map it's made for.

The config patch I suggested for fixing the  rain sounds on Beketov was never implemented by the author, maybe I could look at uploading a mod that fixes the rain sounds, I'll take a fresh look.

@EO

thanks for your anwser ! :))

well...unfortunately it won't solve this Beketov's sound problem...

Which is very frustrating concerning this map, since no rain and wind sound is very immersion breaking.

Please, please if by any chance you can solve this Beketov sound issue, I'll praise you :))🙂

(in case you don't remember the so called config, then you posted it here on page 5)

thanks a lot anyway 

• Thanks 2

hi EO :thumbs-up:

I just wanted to thanks you again :))

Your Sullen skies and the mod you posted are both a wonderfull addition.

I'm building a small campaign now and it gives a great atmosphere.

For sure, I will post you some screenshot in a few days ! 

thx

• Like 2