EO

[HELP] Ambient Flyby using wrecked model

My idea is to have an ambient flyby of a plane which will be replaced by a wrecked model...

Spoiler

mD3fpeY.jpg

I currently use an edited version of tpw_air that spawns a specific aircraft, but rather than adding a classname to the tpw_air_aircraft array, I would like to add a new vehicle created by attaching a wrecked A6M to a Caesar BTT using the attachTo command, then detaching said Caesar BTT. 

Any of you clever fellows have an idea how to set this in motion?

the aircraft is created in line 78 stored in the _aircraft variable. so you should be able to do whatever with it starting at line 79.

• Like 2

If you don't have to use tpw_air, I think you could use UnitCapture to record the flight using first aircraft, and use UnitPlay on a different aircraft.

You could also fly one aircraft super high up so player can't see it, and attach desired aircraft low so its visible for the fly by.  Or you simply use setVelocity like I did in my JBoy Fly in Formation script.

Good luck bro.  Let us know what you settle on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thx guys. ^^

I'd like to stick with tpw_air script as it creates some background air ambience around the player. I can create a flyby in the editor using attachTo command...

I'll take a look at those lines benson pointed out in the tpw_air script and see if I can add the new vehicle I created in the video, let's see how it goes...

• Like 1

wait...so what's the idea here? ghost planes? or do you just want that specific plane without extra addons. just curious

11 minutes ago, bad benson said:

ghost planes?

:f:

• Like 1