Sign in to follow this  
SpeedyDonkey

Splinter cell-demo !

The game is excellent. Having all ready played it on the Xbox though, I kind of knew what to expect. The demo ran nicely on my machine aswell, all though I have heard some people have "issues" with it.

I cernely have a issue whit it i get:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">General protection fault!

History: ResetDevice <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::Exec<span id='postcolor'>

In startup, but i read how to fix it and ill try it now smile.gif

When I tried to play it, my monitor (which is an old and crap 15" one with plenty of 'issues'wink.gif just went all crazy with lines through everything so I couldn't see a thing. I dont really care so I unistalled it. Stealth 'em ups arn't really my high point in games.

I tried it quickly, the controls seem a bit weird, propably because it seems to be 3rd person only which I really dislike in games...

Okey it works now smile.gif i had to change some things in the ini file but now it works, and runs pretty goog even on my duron 700  tounge.gif  smile.gif

WOW !

the game rocks. I just needed some tuning on the controls, but all that dynamix and effects rock. The gameplay is very good. I am sure i will buy the retail version.

I want to get it as well, i like the idea of clinging to the ceiling as shown in the trailers. A bit like AVP2 when your the Alien.

You can shoot relatively easily can you? I'd be wasting my time downloading it as my current PC is shitaroolloo.

Wow, this is an amazing game. I love stealth games. It's not running too fast on my comp, I put everything to the lowest and it still runs slow, except when I put on the thermal goggles.

I ended up buying a Xbox recently (I'm running Linux on it smile.gif ), and I got Splinter Cell with it. It's surprisingly good fun actually (although I do have some issues. The manual doesn't mention that when you try to disable wall mines, you should only press the action button when the light flashes green. I spent 15 minutes blowing myself up doing that!wink.gif

How does the Pc version look compared to the Xbox? IF enough mods come out for it, I may buy the PC version additionally.

Really depends what kind of system you have. I think the Xbox has a Geforce 3 in it, so if you have that or better than it will look like on Xbox or better.

It runs very smoothly on my cpu at very high details,

this game is kickass, love the night vision and thermal goggles,

i love stealth games,

im very impressed at the details of this game

xmas.gif

I love it, it runs fine on my machine with all grafics turned up so its really enjoyable smile.gif

What systems do you have?

What are the death animations like? Varied? Detailed?

(Very important when shooting people because i hate it when they fall forwards when you just emptied your mag into them while they were running backwards on ice.)

Can you shoot your way through most of the levels or is it an actual stealth game? I hate games that say they are stealth orientated when you can run around with a law and it makes no difference.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">General protection fault!

History: ResetDevice <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::Exec

In startup, but i read how to fix it and ill try it now

<span id='postcolor'>

How'd you fix it? I have the same error.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Dec. 19 2002,23:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">General protection fault!

History: ResetDevice <- UD3DRenderDevice::SetRes <- UWindowsViewport::Exec

In startup, but i read how to fix it and ill try it now  

<span id='postcolor'>

How'd you fix it?  I have the same error.<span id='postcolor'>

http://forums.ubi.com/message....d=zzdtz

I tried it, it crashes constantly. Not the best way to sell a game if you ask me. tounge.gif

Have the XBox version, so I know where it's at. If you like the demo, then you will love the game as the kind of stuff you see in the demo is enhanced and deepened throughout the game. There is honestly not one boring moment in the entire game- the only downside being that once the game is over, it's, well, over (Unless you want to go back through and try different strategies, but I know some people arent interested in that).

no problems here. excellent gfx, never-seen-before-effects like the curtains moving when you hide behind and so on. But I was really a bit dissapointed with the length of the demo. It took me 20 minutes to go through on stealth mode. Hm no very good for downloading 80 MB´s.

system:

Win XP

1,00 tuned Cpu

512 MB Ram

GF 4 Ti (yeeeha)

set to highest detail and 1024 res

Don't worry about the length, that is probably the shortest part of the shortest level in the whole game. Lots of gameplay in this one.

The demo features the final stretch of the first level (not counting training), about 1/3 or so of the actual mission.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Dec. 20 2002,03:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">no problems here. excellent gfx,  never-seen-before-effects like the curtains moving when you hide behind and so on. But I was really a bit dissapointed with the length of the demo. It took me 20 minutes to go through on stealth mode. Hm no very good for downloading 80 MB´s.

system:

Win XP

1,00 tuned Cpu

512 MB Ram

GF 4 Ti (yeeeha)

set to highest detail and 1024 res<span id='postcolor'>

Hitman 2 had similar fluid effects on material like curtains. smile.gif