7erra

7erra's Editing Extensions

Posted (edited)

extensions_thumb.png

I'm horrible with editing graphics

>>> STEAM WORKSHOP PAGE <<<

Foreword

I hereby present you my first mod which aims to make editing a bit easier. The main focus lies on the added debug console which will provide you with the most common debug options (at least the ones I use). It also contains a good deal of customizability. While all options are fully functional I may change some of them (see Ideas section below). The mod has been on the Steam Workshop for about a month now but now I feel like it is actually worth using.

Features

Pictures and videos can be found on the Steam Wokshop.

• Extended debug console: Adds way more features to the escape menu in the style of the vanilla A3 debug console. It contains the following options:
    • Draw grids: Display a few lines on screen to give make orientation easier
    • Enable teleport: Look at your destination and hit SHIFT+T to teleport
    • Live debug: Create an onscreen dialog to let you watch over the expressions you entered in the watch fields of the vanilla debug console
    • Show icons over units: Track all units and vehicles present in the current scenario
    • Side player: Change sides on the fly
    • Enable target debugging: Show information about your cursor target in real time, add your own arguments and edit them
    • More watch fields: In case you got a hundred variables to track. You can theoretically track an infinite amount of arguments with this feature (though your game might crash or get unplayable after a certain amount). All of the commands will also be saved for later use.
    • Custom commands: Save your most used commands and keep them one click away
    • Recent Watch Entries: Keeps track of the commands you used in the Watch fields of the default debug console
    • Clear chat: Cleans up the chat so you can get an better overview of what's new
    • Change GUI Editor Grid: By selecting one of the two options you get an actually working grid for the GUI Editor
    • BIKI Links: Save the commands that you look up on the BIKI so you have quick access to them
  • 3den Editor:
    • Find Object Type on Map: Creates a map marker and a 3D marker on the position of every object with the same class name. Useful to find certain house types.
    • Show Building Positions: Creates 3D markers on the positions of the building positions used with buildingPos[community.bistudio.com].
    • ezGUI: A step by step introduction to dialogs.
    • Structured Text Editor: Create structured texts with live preview.
    • Font Picker: Preview all fonts available ingame (including mods).
    • Color Picker: Find the correct color with multiple export options.
  • Misc:
    • Export button for the CfgViewer: Export the currently selected config with a single click!
    • Escape shortcuts: While in the escape menu you can press STRG+R to restart the mission or STRG+E to exit it.

Coming soon (v1.5) (v1.6) (v1.7?):

• Different execution localitys for custom commands
  • Whatever else comes to my sick mind

Other ideas:

• Change "Teleport" keybind
  • Remove 3den related interactions as they were just a small test and not 100% useful
  • Change the name as "extension" is something different
  • Onscreen tutorial for the GUI Editor
  • Having more ideas

Steam Workshop page: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1387934106
GitHub repository: https://github.com/7erra/-Terra-s-Editing-Extensions

>>> STEAM WORKSHOP PAGE <<<

Bye for now,

7erra

Edited by 7erra
Update v1.6
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Will be watching this with interest. I'm still using NSS but the author has been gone for nearly two years. This is very welcome!

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

v1.3 - "Debug console: Page 2" update

Just pushed an update to live. Check out the changes at the Steam Workshop page. Video will be added at some point and pictures will follow as well. Still struggling with finding a working version of mikero's PBO Tools so I can get away from Addon Maker though.

Hope you like it,

7erra

EDIT

Video and pictures are up-to-date

Edited by 7erra
Video and pictures added
  • Thanks 2

Nice one pal! Should come in handy!

• Thanks 1

And yet another update...

v1.4 - "mikero" update

While this is a technical update for the most part it also brings a new feature with it which will enhance your experience with the GUI Editor quite a bit. I was finally able to binarise the config.cpp with mikero's tools and reduce the size a bit. This means faster loading times for you, a tidier mod folder, and easier editing for me. A win-win-win situation I suppose ;) Check out the changes at the >>> Steam Workshop <<<!

Hope you like it,

7erra

• Thanks 2

On 11.6.2018 at 8:18 PM, 7erra said:

Coming soon (v1.5):

• Multiplayer
  • (maybe with a big question mark an onscreen tutorial for the GUI Editor)

Yeah. I've done nothing of that. Here is a new version:

v1.5 - "Structured Text Editor" update

I added 3 new Dialogs for easier structured text creation, color picking and font selection. I also created a GitHub repo so feel free to take a look. Leave a comment at the >>> Steam Workshop <<< if you find anything fishy since I restructured my folders.

Until next time!

7erra

• Thanks 2

Thanks for this tool @7erra. I find the new variable watch and execution very useful. But one question, why is the old debug console still visible in the middle? I don't think there's any use for that now....

The default debug console still has some more features than my one does. Especially the buttons below the watch fields (config viewer, animation viewer, etc.) won't get implemeneted into my version. Another thing is that BIS' version is well thought through and sometimes used by other mods (CBA eg). I don't want to reinvent the wheel I want to improve it :-)

• Like 3

On 11.6.2018 at 8:18 PM, 7erra said:

Coming soon (v1.5) (v1.6):

Still working on it...

v1.6 - "BIKI Links" Update

Added a new feauture to the second debug console page: BIKI Links. You can save the comands you look up on the BIKI (or in fact any link) in this list. Also removed second pbo and new folder structure (again). Updated the forum description.

I hope nothing is broken,

7erra

• Thanks 1