Sign in to follow this  
Venom Troop 13

I just cant seem to get into it anymore ?

sad.gif I just cant seem to get into Flashpoint anymore like when I first bought it. WTF? This was one of my favorite games when it was first released but it just seems boring as hell now.I had not played it in a couple of months and I just came back to it and started editing missions again, but all of the edited missions just seem the same for some reason and not exciting at all. I think Flashpoint needs some kind of boost from somewhere, especially in the graphics department as I find myself playing MOH and the Spearhead expansion way more than I want to play this. I want to play more Flashpoint but its not hooking me anymore, any suggestions?

Are you playing multiplayer?? I get board fighting AI, but you can always count on humans to do the unexpected. tounge.gif

on some servers multiplayer can be extreamly challenging. Stick you head up for 2 long and your sure to make a fine bulllet catcher.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Venom Troop 13 @ Dec. 16 2002,18:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sad.gif  I just cant seem to get into Flashpoint anymore like when I first bought it.<span id='postcolor'>

Have you tried boosting your post count up to 2000? confused.gif

tounge.gif

The SEB Vietnam Pack, got me back into OFP after an extended break playing other games. It feels almost like a whole new game. It Rocks!

I think that most of the major mods are still working hard on what they are doing, and that in about (rough guess) 6 months time many of them will be completed....or near to it. I know we at OPGWC are working hard to make our mod feel like a whole new game. Maybe these mods will revive your interest biggrin.gif

Sorry to hear Venom... My recommendation is some well written Nam co-op missions (check out Blakes @ Kyllikki work) with some good friends and voice (TeamSpeak works for us).

Myself just started to look into scripting and I'm thrilled over the possibilities, just need to learn how-to first  wink.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Try one of the user made campaigns.

I'm playing through a delta force campaign just now (can't remember what its called though) and its quite good.

Also, I installed the Dynamic Range sound pack and it seems to give the game a whole new feel.

I also suggest trying 2 (or more) player lan coops (if you have access to a 2nd computer) - great fun.

Hi All,

Do You have The Resistance Expansion???

That improves graphics smile.gif  tounge.gif

if you don't I suggest Playing  The Single Player Mission "Ambush" again,since it's the same one from the Demo

"Cheers" xmas.gif  xmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (schaef2000 @ Dec. 16 2002,17:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are you playing multiplayer?? I get board fighting AI, but you can always count on humans to do the unexpected. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Damn right!!! especially like yesterday when I was on a CTF map i was using a UAZ to get players onto the battlefield quicker from spawn(a bit like a cab driver, without the low pay and crap tips) And what does a grateful teamate do?? Shoot me in the fecking head and take the uaz for himself. Talk about rambo...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LowLevelFunctionary @ Dec. 16 2002,21wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And what does a grateful teamate do??  Shoot me in the fecking head and take the uaz for himself.  Talk about rambo...<span id='postcolor'>

Thats why I play OFP with "mature" friends that also knows what the concept "teamwork" means xmas.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Venom Troop 13 @ Dec. 16 2002,17:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">sad.gif  I just cant seem to get into Flashpoint anymore like  I want to play more Flashpoint but its not hooking me anymore, any suggestions?<span id='postcolor'>

What are the specs’s of your system? It’s very sad because half the people who play OFP never really had a change to see what the game is capable of looking like simply because most people don’t have the power to push all the effects up.

For example, changing the field of view can make a huge impact on how real the game looks and feels. I don’t care what anyone says, if you want OFP to rock, you should be running at least 512mb’s ram, 1.5 or higher CPU and a bad ass video card.

When you are playing, doses your game look like this?

http://home.attbi.com/~mgiese1/ofp.htm

maybe your system is making the game not so fun. And what AI are you playing against? Are you just playing single missions they get boring. But if you open up the editor it’s another world.

Maybe you should hang around with AI. They know what to do tounge.gif

728-Axe.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Dec. 17 2002,01:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe you should hang around with AI.  They know what to do  tounge.gif

728-Axe.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Wish i could live in your world Harnu  biggrin.gif

Some people have toooooo much time on their hands. I envy them smile.gif

hehe theres just not enough mature ppl around with a decent ping to my local server to have a decent game, me ild rather be in commando of ai than humans humans r all rambos ai i can use to do wat i say all the time, thats y i like the RTS type maps i get my ai dont need to worrie about the others accept when attacking together. A with MOH mp vs ofp the major advantage of MOH is i(i play rtcw) is players u can be sure to find about 10 local full servers same for rtcw, and be sure u wont need to wait 30mins for a game and if its got a bad map or bad players u can go to the nxt one.

Play on a 400 for two years. Get used the limitations, then buy a new PC and stick as many in as you like with nooo lag. FEEL NEW POWER OF MY NEW 2.6 ATHLON

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (You_looking_at_me? @ Dec. 18 2002,17:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Play on a 400 for two years. Get used the limitations, then buy a new PC and stick as many in as you like with nooo lag. FEEL NEW POWER OF MY NEW 2.6 ATHLON<span id='postcolor'>

Its an interesting prospect but i doubt it will catch on.... tounge.gif

Here is my suggestions for making OFP more fun. First I run my Flashpoint on A Sony P4 at 1.3 ghz. with a Nvidia Geforce 2mx if you can believe it. I also only have 128 mb of Ram. LOL. It still looks pretty sweet though on my 21 inch Viewsonic monitor. You also have to know some military history and current events to really get into the game play. I was frustrated just like you. Go to the alt. Flashpoint newsgroup [Google groups keywords Operation Flashpoint. Search that group for rmatich and you'll see how "gree" I was just a short time [months] ago.   wow.gif  i've been reading military books to gain knowlege of the tactics, history, battles, weapon overviews etc. I just read "Jihad" by Tom Carew who was a British SAS officer. His story is of helping the Mujahadeene [spelling] in Afganistan when the Soviets invaded. Its inspired my mission making and told my what tactics they used. Its a great book by the way. I've also read 1/2 of Tom Clany's book on Special forces hisrtoy, training, missions etc. Just today I was at my local library getting two books: Chickenhawk which is about a Huey helicoptor pilot's story of his part in the Vietnam war. I also got Dispatches by Michael Herr. Its considered one of the best books about the war in Nam. When there I saw books on Special Forces, Secret missions, the use of air and naval power, and even inside different types of military units. Tom Clancy writes excellent books. I'm going to read "Every Man A Tiger" about General Fred Franks and the Gulf war. Its about infantry and tanks. Lost of Ideas there. Look at the catalog of your local library. There are tons of just picture books about warfare. See examples of combat that way. You know what they say :A picture is worth a thousand words. Get some knowledge and your Ofp time will be sweet. Also look here and elsewhere for tutorials on mission making. You will be amazed at what you can create. This photo above [LOL] should show more than my words the "power" of the editor and the game itself. The world is yours pal. Go for it with gusto!   xmas.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RMATICH @ Dec. 18 2002,20:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">First I run my Flashpoint on A Sony P4 at 1.3 ghz. with a Nvidia Geforce 2mx if you can believe it. I also only have 128 mb of Ram. LOL.<span id='postcolor'>

You lucky sod

I was running Operation Flashpoint on an eight hundred megahertz processor and a thirty two megabyte graphics card. Just two days ago I upgraded to a one point four gigahertz. This is luxury!

P4 1.3 ghz

512 RDRAM

Geforce 3 Ti500...

I am Obsolete. Oh well OFP runs fine @ 1280x960x32, I can't imagine OFP on a 3.0 Ghz Machine w/ a Geforce FX or 9700...

Oh well, not everyone can afford such luxury.

Don't do mission editing if you find it boring. Play the single missions on veteran and then the campaigns on veteran and then the user made missions and campaigns on veteran until you're a master and then go kill everyone on line.

I'm going to get an AMD Athlon XP 2400

with 512mb pc 2700

and a geforce 4 ti4600 graphics card

plus i'll have a sounblaster audigy 2 to play with

yey!

i think this might last me for a few days with the rate of technology nowadays!

Oh bloody hell I completed all of Red Hammer, Cold War and Resistance with no cheats on a 400, 32mb RAM and TNT2 SO THERE

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (You_looking_at_me? @ Dec. 20 2002,06:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh bloody hell I completed all of Red Hammer, Cold War and Resistance with no cheats on a 400, 32mb RAM and TNT2 SO THERE<span id='postcolor'>

Right on! I play with a 500mhz, 64mb of RAM and a TNT2. Got OFPCWC and I have Resistance sitting in my cupboard for Christmas xmas.gif . How does it play on yours? I can use 1024x768 on CWC if it's not a huge mission, but campaigns are laggy sometimes. Just goes to show that you can get plenty of quality entertainment without spending thousands on upgrades tounge.gif .

Oh, and to make OFP more fun, try reading "Red Phoenix", by Larry Bond. It's good because it's set in about the same era as OFP v1.0 (no Bradleys, no M1's), and there are lots of interesting situations for you to recreate smile.gif .

Cheers

Mr B

I run OF on a:

850 mhz, a crappy 16 mb SiS 630/730 and 128 RAM. But I'll upgrade my comp to a 850 mhz, 256 RAM, 128 mb video card next year! Not ridiculously great but pretty decent imo. smile.gif