christian2526

ATMT - Trava (4x4km terrain)

Welcome to Trava!

Trava is a 4x4km terrain which features large forests mixed with small villages and military installations. It feels a bit like Charnarus, yet is way smaller and has denser forests. To have the best expirence you should go out on foot or light ground vehicles. The villages offer plenty of opperunities for close quatrer combat. The terrain is desigend for ground to ground combat with light vehicles and infantry combat. There are mainly mud "roads", so don`t even try using tanks, you will be slow and in the woods you will only be an easy target for infantry based anti-tank weapons! Check out Janovice the capital of Trava! 

Trava is based on reallife terrain data out of the czech republic, all villages are hand made and edited in. The real data only offers a large forest. Creation of this terrain took around 3 months, yet we took longer breaks inbetween. The terrain is only a test for us at ATMT, we tested our skills, worked on our workflow and prepared ourselfs for our main project which will remain hidden for now. 

This terrain will be updated soon and a further couple times, it is not perfect and never will be, as it only serves as a test ground for our skills. There are no custom buildings to come as we do not have a 3D Modeller, our terrains will depend on other mods such as CUP or JBAD. 

Feel free to send me anything you notice, any bugs and we wish to be criticised. This is our very first terrain. 

What is ATMT`?

ATMT - Another Terrain Makers Team - is a small team consisting of three terrain developers who strive to bring terrains to arma which build upon real data but are heavily fictional for the sake of gameplay. Our goal is to learn how to make good playable terrains and to provide terrains for ArmA 3 and hopefully ArmA 4 as soon as it drops. We do not focus on a specific type of map, we are currently also working on a desert map. 

And now, enjoy the terrain! Please give us feedback! 

For feedback and wip updates make sure to join our Discord

This addon is released under APL-SA lisence, do not upload any copies of this addon to steam workshop or anywhere else without permission. You are not allowed to use this terrain in "mod packs" for clans or life servers. You can always use a workshop collection, we just dont want not-up-to-date addon versions floating around the internet. You may not use this addon on monetized servers. 

LcXT6Vf.png

Checkout actual ingame screenshots!

Spoiler

hfv2yYF.jpg

cr4RXu5.jpg

IRPyMG9.jpg

WGKzu4Z.jpg

Credits:

Thank you, -Sonic- for helping me placing down the thousands of objects and providing me with ideas! 
Thank you, Dragon for continued support throughout the process of creating this terrain and sharing ideas and workflows. 
Thank you, Task Force Dagger Clan for support and feedback. 
Thank you, creators of the Community Upgrade Project, without the Terrains Core package this map would be really empty.

DOWNLOAD HERE

DOWNLOAD MIRROR

(We will be hosting a server with the terrain soon on which insurgency with ace and rhs can be played. Check discord for Infos!)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Very nice work. I'll be checking it out shortly :)

• Like 1

Awesome trailer. I'm am looking forward to this! Looks like a great map like VT5! 

One suggestion: For the areas outside of the map, can you do a quick recolor so at least the ground matches nearly the same color? The two color differences breaks immersion at high altitude.

That's one of my pet peeves with maps that have undeveloped boundaries.

Download mirror not working. Do you have a direct download link like armaholic?