Sign in to follow this  
Harnu

Anyone getting the sims online?

I was playing on pogo.com and noticed there's a new Sims coming out.  I ordered the Beta Version of it and have been reading up on it and what people think.  Just curious if anyone else was going to get it.  From the sounds of it, you need to have some friends in that game and work as a team.

If you are intrested, you can order the Beta here

Homepage

Andhere I found a "diary" of someone whos been playing it.

Sorry if it's too offtopic, but it seems really intresting and wanna see if theres anyone playing it that I would know and be able to play it with.

It's been on my radar for awhile now, and it's looking pretty good. I've never been very partial to online games though confused.gif

sounds great!

just too bad that i have to pay for the beta test discs. sad.gif

what about the real game? do you have to pay a rent for playing it on the maxis servers?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Dec. 16 2002,11:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's on my ToBuy list, and i want to play with sum people of OFP  xmas.gif<span id='postcolor'>

As far as I know there ain't any guns in the Sims. So I suggest you keep on playing OFP with your OFP-buddys, that way you can even kill them tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Dec. 16 2002,12:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Dec. 16 2002,11:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's on my ToBuy list, and i want to play with sum people of OFP  xmas.gif<span id='postcolor'>

As far as I know there ain't any guns in the Sims. So I suggest you keep on playing OFP with your OFP-buddys, that way you can even kill them tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

But in sims you can lure your friends for a swim in the pool and then take the ladder away, or put a wooden table next to a fireplace and when its lit and your friends are inside take the door away tounge.gif

My 13 year old sister plays the sims alot, so she'll maybe end up getting the online version.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kegetys @ Dec. 16 2002,12:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shadow @ Dec. 16 2002,12:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Dec. 16 2002,11:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's on my ToBuy list, and i want to play with sum people of OFP  xmas.gif<span id='postcolor'>

As far as I know there ain't any guns in the Sims. So I suggest you keep on playing OFP with your OFP-buddys, that way you can even kill them tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

But in sims you can lure your friends for a swim in the pool and then take the ladder away, or put a wooden table next to a fireplace and when its lit and your friends are inside take the door away tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

ROFLMAO

I rest my case biggrin.gif

lol i remember doing that on the sims xmas.gif another 1. luring you freinds to the bbq and putting a big fence round it.

hehe

I remeber looking at this first in early 2001 and have been wanting it for AGES. Sadly though I heard from someone that its been rushed and the release product will just be the beta version... except youve got the $10 a month tounge.gif

I really hope what i heard isnt true though because I love the game and it will be super online!

BTW did you know the sims 2 is supposedly coming out late 2003confused.gif Its not official but Will wright did announce it a while back. Better Graphics and ai supposedly....

i once even tried to make a graveyard out of my house. i invited a lot of friends via teleporter (an addon which allows you to beam your friends into your house) and have put them behind fences undill they died. tounge.gif boah this is what happens if you get bored to watch your sim put his kitchen on fire every day. biggrin.gifwow.gif

merry xmas! xmas.gif

Sims Online will be $10 a month for online play.

My funniest thing in the Sims is I just got moved inot this house, when this family (man, wife, kid)comes over to say hello.  Well, I start going at it with the wife, we're talking and we're good buddies in no time.  So I think on the 2nd visit to my house, the husband is in the bathroom taking a dump, the wife follows him into the bathroom, and I follow both of them into the bathroom and I propose to the wife while the husband is on the shitter.  I stole his wife in front of him while he was taking a shit, man that was way too funny.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Dec. 16 2002,18:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sims Online will be $10 a month for online play.

My funniest thing in the Sims is I just got moved inot this house, when this family (man, wife, kid)comes over to say hello.  Well, I start going at it with the wife, we're talking and we're good buddies in no time.  So I think on the 2nd visit to my house, the husband is in the bathroom taking a dump, the wife follows him into the bathroom, and I follow both of them into the bathroom and I propose to the wife while the husband is on the shitter.  I stole his wife in front of him while he was taking a shit, man that was way too funny.

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

buisiness as usual. biggrin.gif

one thing that really sucked was that your sim has to eat and shit every 2 minutes! if you want to be successfull in your job you have to satisfy your sim by eating and shitting the whole day! mad.gif

you never have enough time for your friends of family!

i always cheated me some money and built huge estates or castles. i still do similiar things with the OFP editor. tounge.gif

i didn't have The Sims on my computer for over two years now! it was one of my old favourites like Warcraft2 or AOE2: AOK. wow.gif

sounds like fun but i don't wana pay 10 dollar subscribtion fees. if there are any good single player extras than maybe i'll go and get it.

edit: while we are on the subject of Online games did anybody check this game out? its like WWII online meets Tribes 2. only instead of 3 sides battling on one continent, you battle on many planets. yes its another one of those pay to play games but it really looks like it worth it (that coming from some cheap-o like me). check out their page.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Dec. 15 2002,21:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sims Online will be $10 a month for online play.<span id='postcolor'>

Ah dammit. I hate having to pay 10 bucks a month. That gets really annoying. sad.gif

I used to have to play that when I was playing Ultima Online. Anyone ever play that? confused.gif

Rumor has it that the fee may be at 6.50 due to petitions and complaints.

Tex is back from the dead with such an invigorating reply tounge.gif

xmas.gif

Apparently this turkey is launching tonight. Never really got the concept of developing a cyber life that is almost identical to yours while neglecting your own very-real life.

Shooting people and flying airplanes I can understand, but this? C'mon, people. Next EA is gonna try to sell you a high school diploma, a Social Security number, and a birth certificate and try to pass it off as a "realistic massively multiplayer RPG experience".