Sign in to follow this  
stoppelhopser

German ww2 landser addon

hi there,

i´ve just put an update of my german landser addon online.

i also created some new weapons for them.

the files and more info are

here.

njoy

Cool Addons ! Great work !

I have noticed a few things:

DX Landser, DX Landser Mp40 and DX Landser Sniper do not have textures in the 1st person view.

KAR98 Sniper doesn´t have a Shadow nor Mp40.

You should consider giving the Officer Binoculars.

The weapons have some cool sights!

Keep up the good work!

Excellent job. Finally some decent German soldiers. Did you ever consider working for Invasion 1944? Your quality is on par with theirs. Keep up the good work.

Bloody Awesome work! Fix the bugs and its good.

for example, when using the Kar98 using soldier, the soldier´s textures wont work, its all white, but the rifle´s textures work.

For the next version you could make the jackets more detailed, little detail adds atmosphere!

How about making a Pak43, Antitank cannon?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (TkKivi @ Dec. 07 2002,15:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And from about 100m the soldiers go all white  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That annoys me greatly in addons.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (stoppelhopser @ Dec. 07 2002,22:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">me too biggrin.gif . texture error fixed!<span id='postcolor'>

Do you have the new version available for download?

If so what URL?

Thanks!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Never mind. I noticed that your web page was upgraded with the new beta file. However.... when I made a mission with the new version, my game crashed and I got this message:

"Warning: PreNLOD format in object u1\uelot\uelot.p3d"

I hope you can fix that.

I believe I was using version 1.85 when testing. The reason why I haven't upgraded that one is because it's a seperate copy of my original installation of OFP:Resistance which I have setup specifically for WWII addons and missions... the only problem is that it's not possible to upgrade it as the upgrades only work for whatever OFP installation is in the registry files.

But at any rate, is anyone else having this problem with version 1.90 or 1.91?

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vedder @ Dec. 07 2002,04:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Excellent job. Finally some decent German soldiers. Did you ever consider working for Invasion 1944? Your quality is on par with theirs. Keep up the good work.<span id='postcolor'>

Don't listen to him, your quality is waaay better then invasion 1944 and you should keep working on your own

Keep up the great work m8!

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Dec. 08 2002,01:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vedder @ Dec. 07 2002,04:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Excellent job. Finally some decent German soldiers. Did you ever consider working for Invasion 1944? Your quality is on par with theirs. Keep up the good work.<span id='postcolor'>

Don't listen to him, your quality is waaay better then invasion 1944 and you should keep working on your own

Keep up the great work m8!

smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Invasion 1944 is making good stuff... but the problem is that they're not releasing any of their new stuff which really sucks because that means we'll be waiting many many many months before the release their mod since they still have tons of addons to make for the MOD. Also I think most of the good WWII addon makers joined up with Invasion 1944 except for maybe 2 or 3. Didn't Marcel join up with Invasion 1944? For awhile he was really cranking out alot of addons but lately I haven't seen anything from him.

sad.gif

At any rate, I'd love to see a U.S. infantry squad to be made to compliment these Nazi soldiers. As they are I can't match them up to the WWII Team's U.S. infantry addons because on their addons they lowered the dammage levels of all their weapons...so they end up getting slaughtered by the Landser Nazi soldiers who's weapons retain dammage levels similar to the standard OFP weapons.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Meh. A total conversion is a total conversion. You don't release it one piece at a time. What for? So people can play around with it in the editor for a few minutes than delete it? Honestly how many good addon missions do we have out there? Very very very few.

Anyways, that was offtopic. I really have to say these German units are very nice, alot of work surely went into them. Good job!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vedder @ Dec. 08 2002,03:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Meh. A total conversion is a total conversion. You don't release it one piece at a time. What for? So people can play around with it in the editor for a few minutes than delete it? Honestly how many good addon missions do we have out there? Very very very few.

Anyways, that was offtopic. I really have to say these German units are very nice, alot of work surely went into them. Good job!<span id='postcolor'>

I do make and release missions with individual addons.

There are enough WWII addons out there already to make some pretty good missions. I'd just wish Marcel would update the old betas like his C-47 cargo plane.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

This addon is great! I have e-mailed my comments to stoppelhopser. One great thing is that you can insert a group of German infantry unlike some other addons where you can only insert units and then have to group them. Very good!

I did have the game crash while using these addons. I only bring this up so that I can determine the cause. It may be random, it may be the addon, or it may have been a combination of things. It's no big deal but has anyone else experienced a crash?

I have RES 1.9 installed and inserted the German infantry in Everon and Novoga. They worked fine for about 5 minutes and then I got the blue screen. This crashed happened twice, in Evron and Novago. I rebooted and inserted official addons and did not experinece a problem after 5 minutes. I did have Marcel's US Pack 1.7 installed but I did not have his Garman pack installed. That may have caused the crash after a few minutes.

Off topic, one of Marcel's units crash. This is an officer in his US World War 2 1.7 pack. I am using his US infantry against stoppelhopser's Landser infantry.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tales_From_Topographic_Oceans @ Dec. 11 2002,14:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">in addition, I read that the NAM addon 2.0 had some conflicts with the 1.9 patch so perhaps the patch is causing this addon to crash. I will test it again to confirm it's the addon.<span id='postcolor'>

Actually I had the SEB NAM2 pack crash in 1.85 as well. Their problem with the crashes is really bizarre. For example on a mission made by a friend of mine, the NAM2 pack works perfectly... so who knows what's causing that.

But so far Landser's soldiers have not crashed my computer. I reported earlier that it did but Stoppelhopser was kind enough to help me out with the problem and pointed out that the error I was getting was coming from the WWII Team's U.S. infantry addon pack that I was using, or at least of the specific addons in the pack (one of the Army officers).

But so far, I'm happy to report no problems with the Landser pack... at least not yet. wink.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Dec. 08 2002,01:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The reason why I haven't upgraded that one is because it's a seperate copy of my original installation of OFP:Resistance which I have setup specifically for WWII addons and missions... the only problem is that it's not possible to upgrade it as the upgrades only work for whatever OFP installation is in the registry files.<span id='postcolor'>

Offtopic:

Why don't you use one installation and the -mod switch in the commandline loading the game.

It's quite easy:

Make a library for each "modpack" you will use, with the name you want to call that modpack (example WW2). Make a subdir in each moddirectory called addons. Then put the desired addons in the addons subdirs. Then take a copy of your "Flashpoint Resistance" shortcut and rename it to the modpacks name. Then edit the commandline of the shortcut so it says -mod=modname where modname is the name of the directory the addons where put in. In that way you can keep your main addons directory "clean" and save a lot of trouble and memory.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mads bahrt @ Dec. 13 2002,01:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Miles Teg @ Dec. 08 2002,01:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The reason why I haven't upgraded that one is because it's a seperate copy of my original installation of OFP:Resistance which I have setup specifically for WWII addons and missions... the only problem is that it's not possible to upgrade it as the upgrades only work for whatever OFP installation is in the registry files.<span id='postcolor'>

Offtopic:

Why don't you use one installation and the -mod switch in the commandline loading the game.

It's quite easy:

Make a library for each "modpack" you will use, with the name you want to call that modpack (example WW2). Make a subdir in each moddirectory called addons. Then put the desired addons in the addons subdirs. Then take a copy of your "Flashpoint Resistance" shortcut and rename it to the modpacks name. Then edit the commandline of the shortcut so it says -mod=modname where modname is the name of the directory the addons where put in. In that way you can keep your main addons directory "clean" and save a lot of trouble and memory.<span id='postcolor'>

I already tried doing that several times... for some reason it does not work and I've tried everything trying to figure out why including having lots of people go step by step with me exactly how I had set up my folders, what I called them, what file path I used on my shortcut, ect.. ect...

But nothing has worked so I just use seperate installations.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

aight, back to topic:

i´ve put an update of the k98 and mp40 online.

i reduced damage level and they can be picked up now.

I have only one ask. When you place a group of your soldiers, all the soldiers except for the sergeant and the officer are set to the lowest skill level. Do you think you could change it so that all the soldiers start off with thr skill bar half up?

Anyway, excellant work xmas.gif

Could you make a raincoat for the soldiers?

It was widely used when the temperature got down.

And about the bug, When you choose DX landser and start the game, and go first person mode, you see the gun normal and textured, but the hands and body are all white, and when in 3rd person mode, they seem all normal.

PS. how about adding the pistol config thing to the soldiers, when i use a pistol i doesn´t show... its only hands there and it shoots confused.gif