Sign in to follow this  
stoppelhopser

German ww2 landser addon

youve done a great job, my only complaint is the lack of worthy opponents tounge.gif

what I mean is that you should make some us or ussr soldiers of the same calibar.

then someone could make a ww2 map

then more vechicles

then then then

tounge.gif sorry

honestly though, a worthy opponent would be nice against these units.

if anyone has any suggestions on where I can find some decent american units, please let me know

How about decent Soviet troops? Those were more than worthy opponents. wink.gif And they are not as hard to model as the German troops were considering they have less equipment.

And some Soviet weapons are already made: PPSH41, PPSH41 with banana clip, Mosin-Nagant, Mosin-Nagant sniper. However, these aren't too high quality, it would be better if u made them yourself, considering how amazing your German weapons look.

aight, my turn smile.gif

@Col. Kurtz:

i tried to set the skill level 4 the group members by adding "skill =[value]" to the "Unit" classes. although ofp didn´t complain, it wouldn´t work. i checked the commented config from bis, and they didn´t specifiy any skills for the groups. then i inserted standard ofp group in the editor and checked the initial skill levels, and learned the following:

units ranked "private" all have skill 0, coporals have a bit more aso. so i think it´s not possible to set the skill level in by the addon. hint: don´t set the skill level via the "edit unit" menue, but open the mission sqm and type the values there (0...1). it´s faster!

@TkKivi:

the texture problem should be fixed. get the beta2.

i also thought about coats, but i am not sure if that´ll work well. i´d have to assign the coat-polygons to the legs so that they are moved. and i guess that´ll rather look like wide pants rather than a coat. i´ll give it a try though, but that´s not first thing.

@desantnik:

the equipment is the least problem. the hard work is the textures !

@all:

if i had more time, i´d throw you guys to death with addons. so there´s a demand for 101st airborne and russians?

i thought about russians, cause most other modders do americans... plus i think the russians had some good looking armour.

I think that i have the beta2, i downloaded the troops and all the updated weapons, it does still have the bug.

Hey, how about adding more detail to the jacket?

Youve seen the Inv44 German troops, they look pretty good... something like that?

its your addon Stoppel, do anything you want about it xmas.gif

Stoppel, we at WW2EC are putting out winter troops, a bunch of Germans, and the 101st Airborne. Some with trenchcoats. They are all of great quality. So that area is covered...

How about some decent Soviet troops, or even Resistance fights like from France, etc. Polish, blah. Troops that nobody else really seems to be concentrating on.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soldier8Boy @ Jan. 21 2003,17:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Stoppel, we at WW2EC are putting out winter troops, a bunch of Germans, and the 101st Airborne. Some with trenchcoats. They are all of great quality. So that area is covered...

How about some decent Soviet troops, or even Resistance fights like from France, etc. Polish, blah. Troops that nobody else really seems to be concentrating on.<span id='postcolor'>

Kewl! Glad you guys are making good progress. If I remember correctly I think he was working on some really nice looking Russian troops. He definitely has really good talent at making soldiers so I look forward to any of his units and even more so if he worked on more obscure addons like Russian, Polish, and French troops.

But I also am happy that you're trying to coordinate your efforts with other free-lance WWII addon makers so that there isn't so many redundant addons.... for example... how many MG-42's are there??? There must be at least 6-8 different MG-42's. Hopefully if custom MG-42's are made, they at least will be made as part of a German soldier addon in a single .pbo file. That would avoid the confusion of having so many MG-42's in an addon folder. IF it's seperate it should have a distinct name with the MOD's name at the beginning of the .pbo file.

Anyhoo...keep up the great work, and I hope you guys release a unit or two. I really hate waiting for the whole damn mod. I have made some using the old WWII Team soldier pack, but I hope that one of the MOD groups will release an updated US/German soldier pack so at least good missions could be made along with other seperate WWII addons that have been released (like all those tanks).

smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

We've released some tanks for ya's. Our Whermat (sp) and SS are scheduled for release very soon, as our Winter Wermact guys as well. The StUG is nearly done, Opel Blitz coming along. Also, the old WW2 Team men are being put through Oxygen and improved.

Stay tuned, we got a lot coming out shortly.

Vibe's, could you email me a list of what you're going to make so that we can coordinate our efforts, please? You're one of the best freelancers so coordinating our efforts would be to good effec.

Thanks.