plaindog

Looking for texture artist

Hello

I'm looking for someone who can create a pirate texture on a Marshall. It is going to be used in a Arma 3 green screen project during our next Summerlan Party. We are making a pirate movie so I need a Marshall with pirate texture and a pirate flag.

Anyone up for the challenge?

Here is our last Summerlan Movie

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

Try in a right section, without boring unrelated video.

Big thanks for your very very helpful advice. You are a beacon in the dark for all those who asks for help. Thank you

6 minutes ago, plaindog said:

Big thanks for your very very helpful advice. You are a beacon in the dark for all those who asks for help. Thank you

Well he's right, ya know?

This forum's called mission editing and scripting and is all about discussing scripting and mission making stuff.

@pierremgi is also one of the helpful fellows in this forums section and indeed a beacon in the dark for all  those who ask for help, no sarcasm needed here.

Since you're looking for someone to create a texture you'd be better off in the find or offer editing forum.

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The post may well be in the wrong section, but..

41 minutes ago, pierremgi said:

without boring unrelated video

..is just uncalled for. Maybe boring to some but it is far from unrelated as is showing the type of thing the texture will be used for..

56 minutes ago, plaindog said:

It is going to be used in a Arma 3 green screen project during our next Summerlan Party.

57 minutes ago, plaindog said:

Here is our last Summerlan Movie

Which guess what, shows green screen clips.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

Well he's right, ya know?

This forum's called mission editing and scripting and is all about discussing scripting and mission making stuff.

@pierremgi is also one of the helpful fellows in this forums section and indeed a beacon in the dark for all  those who ask for help, no sarcasm needed here.

Since you're looking for someone to create a texture you'd be better off in the find or offer editing forum.

Cheers

Now this was prime example on a constructive and helpful post with a link to where I could find help. Thank you very much. Maybe Pierre just had a bad day, who knows. I hope he is more helpful towards others

Cheers

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, plaindog said:

Maybe Pierre just had a bad day, who knows.

Not at all. But I didn't find, in your video, any hint of what you expect as "pirate texture". Just some ads for your project which could be also placed in a different section, btw.

I thought you're clever enough to browse the forum menu.

You are forgiven. Try not to be so hostile to the next one asking for help. you didn't show up as very friendly and helpful as the Grumpy Old man up here claim you to be. Just a friendly advise. And I wasn't aware there was a forum for requests like this.

• Haha 1

First I gotta say Pierre is in the top 5 most helpful people in this forum (the other posters Grump and Larrow are also in the top 5...I would say top 3, but I want them to wonder who the other 2 are and keep trying).   So I was ready to rip on plaindog.  But I watched the (mis-placed) video and loved it.  I had a few lan parties many years ago and really miss them (vietcong and operation flashpoint back then...both czech games...hmmm).   Nothing beats being in the same room with your Arma buddies, drinking beer, cursing and have a rip-roaring good time.  I'm jealous.  All my friends are too far away or not interested in Arma.  :(

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hey Johnnyboy. Nopryl is a European "Global" community. We even play with some people from Texas and one from Aussie despite the time difference. It's important for us to meet up and we do it in June every year. That video was from our 15th year anniversary. Members travelled from Austria, UK, Denmark and even drove from Holland. Community is important for us :) I try to create a video every year to capture the atmosphere. 

If you are in the vicinity feel free to drop in on some of our plays tuesdays or sundays at http://www.nopryl.no

Everybody is free to join there are no "interviews" etc. All we ask is to respect "Gameface" when we play and that you are a nice guy.

• Like 2

I loved the vid as well.

It's what gaming is all about.

• Like 1

Heck, who wouldn't want to fly to Norway and play Arma and bbq some animals and shoot guns and drink beer? Looks like a great group. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, plaindog said:

If you are in the vicinity feel free to drop in on some of our plays tuesdays or sundays at http://www.nopryl.no

Everybody is free to join there are no "interviews" etc. All we ask is to respect "Gameface" when we play and that you are a nice guy.

I appreciate the invite @plaindog.  As @Harzach said, "who wouldn't want to fly to Norway and play Arma and bbq some animals and shoot guns and drink beer?"!!!  Don't be too surprised if I show up some day!

• Like 1

On 2/2/2018 at 9:59 PM, johnnyboy said:

I appreciate the invite @plaindog.  As @Harzach said, "who wouldn't want to fly to Norway and play Arma and bbq some animals and shoot guns and drink beer?"!!!  Don't be too surprised if I show up some day!

You are very welcome  ;)