Sign in to follow this  
brgnorway

The Iraq Thread

1000s of Iraqis were on the streets of Baghdad protesting against how America will influence the new goverment, they say that the people who are talking to the Americans are not representative of the Iraqi people.

Sounds familiar eh.

My source was BBC radio 2.

That BBC report is an idiot. Soldiers using BFA's and blanks? They don't even have them in theater. sheesh. The guy doesn't have the first clue about military ops.

crazy.gif

BTW, Colonel Hunt stated that there was 10-15 Fedayeen in the area.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ 16 May 2003,13:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ 14 May 2003,08:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">War crimes charges filed against Gen. Tommy Franks

Hihihi biggrin.gif Hohoho biggrin.gif This truly made my day biggrin.gif

You just have to adore the Belgians and their silly little law smile.gif

Of course this has very little consequence but I think it will be at least a minor practical inconvenience since Franks can't show himself in Belgium now or he will be arrested. NATO HQ is in Brussels so it means no more NATO meetings for Tommy boy smile.gif

Edit: On closer inspection of the article, this is not entirely settled yet. A Belgian prosecutor must first review the case and within a month decide if it is valid under Belgian law.

Although there is probably going to be a lot of political pressure from the Belgian government to drop the case it's quite possible that it will go through as it has in other cases (like Sharon and Arafat). If the suspect then fails to appear before the court an arrest warrent will be issued. It's very unlikely that Franks would actually go to Belgium and face the charges.

I wonder how it works with the extradition laws within the EU  confused.gif I can't imagine that this will prevent Franks to visit any EU country.<span id='postcolor'>

Gotta love us Belgians biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

We can't send Franks to NATO headquarters?

simple solution. Time to pull out of NATO. It's a zombie organization anyway.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ 20 May 2003,16:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ 16 May 2003,13:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ 14 May 2003,08:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">War crimes charges filed against Gen. Tommy Franks

Of course this has very little consequence but I think it will be at least a minor practical inconvenience since Franks can't show himself in Belgium now or he will be arrested. NATO HQ is in Brussels so it means no more NATO meetings for Tommy boy smile.gif

Edit: On closer inspection of the article, this is not entirely settled yet. A Belgian prosecutor must first review the case and within a month decide if it is valid under Belgian law.

Although there is probably going to be a lot of political pressure from the Belgian government to drop the case it's quite possible that it will go through as it has in other cases (like Sharon and Arafat). If the suspect then fails to appear before the court an arrest warrent will be issued. It's very unlikely that Franks would actually go to Belgium and face the charges.

I wonder how it works with the extradition laws within the EU  confused.gif I can't imagine that this will prevent Franks to visit any EU country.<span id='postcolor'>

simple solution. Time to pull out of NATO. It's a zombie organization anyway.<span id='postcolor'>

You do know that NATO was defending US airspace after 11/9? Where do you think all those AWACS came from? A majority of the aircrews are German.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ 20 May 2003,17:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif4--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ 20 May 2003,16wow.gif4)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ 16 May 2003,13:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ 14 May 2003,08:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">War crimes charges filed against Gen. Tommy Franks

simple solution. Time to pull out of NATO. It's a zombie organization anyway.<span id='postcolor'>

You do know that NATO was defending US airspace after 11/9? Where do you think all those AWACS came from? A majority of the aircrews are German.<span id='postcolor'>

That's a good point. I've talked to many Americans who accused Germany of not supporting the USA at all and even hating the United States. But when I continued to talk to them it turned out they just had no clue about what exactly german troops are doing all over the world, as part of the war against terror.

When I explained it they were quite surprised and most of the time apologized.

That's one of the problems, ignorance. On both sides of the ocean.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ 20 May 2003,11:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Where do you think all those AWACS came from?<span id='postcolor'>

From the 552d ACW out of Tinker AFB?

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ 20 May 2003,17:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ 20 May 2003,11:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Where do you think all those AWACS came from?<span id='postcolor'>

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

All NATO AWACS are pooled. Each country donates aircraft to the pool, and requests tem when needed.

During Afghanistan, when the US wanted to go alone intially, the AWAC's were stretch very thin. Most airframes had 100's of extra hours put on them, which requires they go in for their 100/500 hours checks early. This means you lose a airframe for a few days.

And as I mentioned, after 11/9, many, many NATO Awacs were sent to the US to patrol, as the US simply didn't have enough aircraft to spare. (It's a big country! )

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ 20 May 2003,19:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">All NATO AWACS are pooled. Each country donates aircraft to the pool, and requests tem when needed.<span id='postcolor'>

/imagines business plans

/rent-an-awac

/dial-an-awac

/awacs-anonymous

/awacs-away

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ 19 May 2003,17:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Iraqi civilian death toll percieved to be at 1,700.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/story.jsp?story=407464

This is quite good<span id='postcolor'>

That are the casualties in Baghdad, any clue on Iraqi total?

btw. how the hell did you guys get this thread so damn long? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ 20 May 2003,12:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ 20 May 2003,17:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ 20 May 2003,11:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Where do you think all those AWACS came from?<span id='postcolor'>

And as I mentioned, after 11/9, many, many NATO Awacs were sent to the US to patrol, as the US simply didn't have enough aircraft to spare. (It's a big country! )<span id='postcolor'>

NATO sent 5 AWACs to patrol over major cities. This started in October 2001. They were stationed at Tinker AFB. They had crews from several Nato countries, Turkey, Canada, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands etc.

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Postduifje @ 19 May 2003,19:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ 19 May 2003,17wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Iraqi civilian death toll percieved to be at 1,700.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/story.jsp?story=407464

This is quite good<span id='postcolor'>

That are the casualties in Baghdad, any clue on Iraqi total?

btw. how the hell did you guys get this thread so damn long?  <!--emo&biggrin.gif

-Post<span id='postcolor'>

Americans bitching on shitty and scared europe, and europeans bitching on offensive and dangerous america.

And all of that in 486 pages!

Oh and there were some discussions too but they weren't very important...

smile.gif

Sesame Street breaks Iraqi POWs

Wouldn't this be considered cruel and especially unusual punishment? wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"In training, they forced me to listen to the Barney "I Love You" song for 45 minutes. I never want to go through that again," one US operative told the magazine. <span id='postcolor'>

LOL. I guess that each country has its own choice of "torture music". We had the "kycklingpolka" (chicken polka) a horrendous tune that was played 18 h/day during our interrogation training. You can't imagine how much you learn to hate a tune after three days. wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Rick Hoffman, vice president of the Psy Ops Veterans Association, told BBC Radio 4's Today programme that such a tactic would have no long-lasting effect on prisoners. <span id='postcolor'>

Bullshit. I still know that goddamn tune by heart wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ 20 May 2003,18:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ 20 May 2003,12:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ 20 May 2003,17:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ 20 May 2003,11:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Where do you think all those AWACS came from?<span id='postcolor'>

And as I mentioned, after 11/9, many, many NATO Awacs were sent to the US to patrol, as the US simply didn't have enough aircraft to spare. (It's a big country! )<span id='postcolor'>

NATO sent 5 AWACs to patrol over major cities.  This started in October 2001.  They were stationed at Tinker AFB.  They had crews from several Nato countries, Turkey, Canada, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands etc.

Only five were sent on patrol, but up to a dozen were seconded to the USAF for patrol use. I know that quite a few crews were ready to fly to the States if needed.

High pitch whistles and white noise, have that on constantly.

Or even the Doors - The End

My god you would be begging them to shoot you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ 20 May 2003,20:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL. I guess that each country has its own choice of "torture music". We had the "kycklingpolka" (chicken polka) a horrendous tune that was played 18 h/day during our interrogation training. You can't imagine how much you learn to hate a tune after three days. wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You bastard. If this is the same as 'The Chicken Dance Song' then I must kill you. Kill you two times. Kill you badly.

Because now I have it stuck in my head!!! crazy.gifcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

Da na na na na na nah, Da na na na na na nah, Da nah nah na nah na nahnahnah!

ARGH crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If this is the same as 'The Chicken Dance Song' then I must kill you.<span id='postcolor'>

Nope it's not. I acutally tried to find it on the net for some to me unknown masochistic reason. It's none of the "chicken polkas" that I found.

Come to think of it, I don't think anybody told us the name of it. We called it the "chicken polka" but I don't know if it was the right name..

confused.gif

'These people haven't heard heavy metal...If you play it for 24 hours, your brain and body functions start to slide, your train of thought slows down and your will is broken. That's when we come in and talk to them."

iTS not True. Ive been listening to um,

Mettalica ..."And justice ofr all" ,all week and its had no adverse affect on my brain thinking.

smile.gif

Ah i was thinking of the Chicken dance. Now that

is an annoying 'song' . After a couple of hours of it nonostop im sure most people would start to lose consetration.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ 20 May 2003,23:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Chicken Dance Midi

Chicken Polka Midi

My guess it's the Chicken Dance tune Denoir got stuck in his head.<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, none of the above.

uughh... i think ive recovered...

So anyway as much as i can see that the various chicken polkas, waltzes and dances could be used as formidable weapons of war perhaps we should return to more pertinent matters smile.gif

U.S. Opens Door to U.N. Nuclear Inspectors in Iraq-reuters

So the US is finally opening Iraqs door to the UN (even if in a limited capacity now, the UN is due to be entering more fully soon).

"Reports received by the IAEA have described uranium being emptied on the ground from containers then taken for domestic use and radioactive sources being stolen and removed from their shielding, ElBaradei said."-Reuters

wow.gifwow.gifconfused.gif

Sounds like someones going to start attracting moths at night tounge.gif

+terrorists may have some interest in creating a dirty bomb...

I thought there would be someone guarding (or removing) this type of stuff by now

wow.gif

at least it's song from our show. If we used Celine Dion or Avril Lavigne, Canada might get really upset. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ 21 May 2003,02:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">at least it's song from our show. If we used Celine Dion or Avril Lavigne, Canada might get really upset. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Get an Avril Lavigne live track and they'll be confessing in minutes tounge.gif