Sign in to follow this  
brgnorway

The Iraq Thread

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Posted: Feb. 08 2003,07:14 by Warin

Sirloins... no one hates Bush, we just all pretty much unimpressed with his intellectual prowess. He isnt stupid. He just isnt up the the level of intelligence that Jeb or his father are. Why do you think he is so popular with all the lowbrow redneck sorts? He's the first president in at least 20 years that doesnt intimidate them! <span id='postcolor'>

If I would have said something like that about lowrent Blacks or ignorant Muslims I would be branded as a racist on this forum.

What a crock of shit.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ Feb. 08 2003,20:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">n1,1.jpg

Another naked women protest in NYC.

(No bush, eh?)<span id='postcolor'>

There are bushes right behind them in the park. Can't they see? confused.gifcrazy.gifwow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Feb. 08 2003,19:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Posted: Feb. 08 2003,07:14  by Warin

Sirloins... no one hates Bush, we just all pretty much unimpressed with his intellectual prowess.  He isnt stupid.  He just isnt up the the level of intelligence that Jeb or his father are.  Why do you think he is so popular with all the lowbrow redneck sorts?  He's the first president in at least 20 years that doesnt intimidate them!   <span id='postcolor'>

If I would have said something like that about lowrent Blacks or ignorant Muslims I would be branded as a racist on this forum.

What a crock of shit.<span id='postcolor'>

No it's very simple.

Saying:

Bush is stupid = ok

Americans are stupid = not ok

Osama bin Laden is evil = ok

Muslims are evil = not ok

See the pattern?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ Feb. 08 2003,19:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">n1,1.jpg

Oh ya, we REALLLY want them to stop protesting.. tounge.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ Feb. 08 2003,19:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">n1,1.jpg

don't the photo journalists know how to make closeups ? damn lol

Have you heard that america terrorist code went up to Orange color ? Also france color stay the same,yellow. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No it's very simple.

Saying:

Bush is stupid = ok

See the pattern?<span id='postcolor'>

Let me see if I get you right.

Denoir is a Bush bashing motherfucker = ok

Forum members are Bush bashing motherfuckers = not OK

I think I get it.

Go ahead and prove me right by banning me.

Denoir is a forum member so "Denoir is a Bush bashing motherfucker" = not ok.

It's very simple flaming fellow forum members is not allowed, racism and bigotry is not allowed. Having a opinion on a politician is allowed.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Go ahead and prove me right by banning me. <span id='postcolor'>

Ha! You wish! It's much more fun having you around reading about our views on Bush wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Feb. 08 2003,19:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Feb. 08 2003,19:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> Posted: Feb. 08 2003,07:14  by Warin

Sirloins... no one hates Bush, we just all pretty much unimpressed with his intellectual prowess.  He isnt stupid.  He just isnt up the the level of intelligence that Jeb or his father are.  Why do you think he is so popular with all the lowbrow redneck sorts?  He's the first president in at least 20 years that doesnt intimidate them!   <span id='postcolor'>

What a crock of shit.<span id='postcolor'>

No it's very simple.

Saying:

Bush is stupid = ok

See the pattern?<span id='postcolor'>

Actually, I think he is taking exception to the line 'lowbrow rednecks'.

I apologise to any low brow rednecks who feel slighted by y comparing them to GW Bush.  It was truly not intended as such.

biggrin.gif

I would like to change the comment from 'lowbrow rednecks'  to 'the less intelligent folks of any race or ethnic group in the US'

Better?

And I think that if we are going to talk about how evil and bad Saddam is, then we have to also question the motivations of the main parties trying to oust him.

edit: As for Bush bashing, I have seen the way some of you talk about former President Clinton. Seems to be something of a double standard...it's ok to point out Clintons shortcomings, but not Shrubs. Hypocrisy?

Whatever happen to that if you have an problem with an mod you take it To PM.Don't spam the thread.Seems like the mods are spamming the thread more then the other posters.TAKE IT TO PM. THank you smile.gif .I really don't care what you say about bush,but move along.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ Feb. 08 2003,20:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Whatever happen to that if you have an problem with an mod you take it To PM.Don't spam the thread.Seems like the mods are spamming the thread more then the other posters.TAKE IT TO PM. THank you smile.gif .I really don't care what you say about bush,but move along.<span id='postcolor'>

The same rules do not apply to mods as to members since we have different roles smile.gif

Btw, why didn't you send this by PM? wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ha! You wish! It's much more fun having you around reading about our views on Bush  

<span id='postcolor'>

Damn! biggrin.gif

I didn't realize having a guy like me around was such a joy to you, but if you insist.

Even thought I don't often post, I do see what you guys are up to, daily.  

You haven't changed my position, but reinforced it.

I do realize there is nothing I can personally do to make you guys see the light about Bush.

I can only let time and the final outcome of his convictions and braveness to confront Iraq, the UN and the rest of the doubting world, once again save the rest of the world from a maddman.

I do realize that WE are right in our stance.

It was George W. Bush that got your precious UN off their asses and they have still yet to prove themselves irrelivant.

ps.  Denoir, I agree with virtually nothing you have ever had to say, but I meant nothing personal in my last post.  I apologize. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Feb. 08 2003,20:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Denoir is a Bush bashing motherfucker = ok<span id='postcolor'>

Is it just me or does that sound strangely erotic?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister 5 @ Feb. 08 2003,21:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Feb. 08 2003,20:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Denoir is a Bush bashing motherfucker = ok<span id='postcolor'>

Is it just me or does that sound strangely erotic?<span id='postcolor'>

*shivers* tounge.gif

5th Carrier sent to The Gulf

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> DEFENSE SOURCES told NBC News that the deployments included 40,000 soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division, plus associated units, and more than 4,000 troops from the Army’s V Corps in Germany, all of them headed for Kuwait.

Defense officials said the orders Rumsfeld signed deploy the aircraft carrier USS Kitty Hawk to the Persian Gulf and the USS Carl Vinson to the Pacific to replace the Kitty Hawk.

The Kitty Hawk will depart the western Pacific Ocean within days and move through the Indian Ocean to join four other U.S. carriers and a British aircraft carrier near Iraq.

The Kitty Hawk, which is based at Yokosuka naval base in Japan, is currently in the Philippine Sea, and its movement could add about 75 warplanes aboard the big ship to hundreds of U.S. naval and Air Force aircraft already near Iraq. The Kitty Hawk is accompanied by other warships carrying cruise missiles.

A senior defense official who is familiar with the planning for possible war said the Navy will have six or seven aircraft carriers within striking distance of Iraq by the end of this month.

Three U.S. carriers are already within striking range of Iraq — the USS Abraham Lincoln and the USS Constellation in the gulf, and the USS Harry S Truman in the Mediterranean Sea. A fourth carrier, the USS Theodore Roosevelt, set sail from the western Atlantic for the region Tuesday.

The Navy is also prepared to add the San Diego-based USS Nimitz, which finished its pre-deployment at-sea training several days ago, although no final decisions have been made.

If a seventh carrier were needed for the gulf buildup, it probably would be the USS George Washington, from Norfolk, Va.

The Vinson has already begun to head toward East Asia from Hawaii. Current plans call for the Vinson to take up a position several hundred miles off the Korean Peninsula.

Military officials also told NBC that F16CJ aircraft are departing Friday from Shaw AFB, in South Carolina, and from Spangdahlem Air Base in Germany for the gulf. Officials say that a dozen of these aircraft will go to al Udeid Air Base, Qatar, and a dozen will go to Prince Sultan Air Base, Saudi Arabia.

The F16CJs are equipped with HARM missiles, which home in on the electronic signals from enemy radar.

LAND, SEA AND AIR

Advertisement

To date, according to the Pentagon, there are 113,000 U.S. troops in the Persian Gulf area — nearly half of them in Kuwait, the likely main launch point for a U.S.-led ground invasion. The buildup is expected to reach 150,000 by Feb. 15, a senior official said Wednesday.

Mid-February is widely thought to be the earliest date that U.S. forces would be ready to begin an invasion of Iraq, but officials who spoke on condition of anonymity said they may need some weeks beyond that. By the latter part of February the size of the U.S. force is likely to exceed 200,000 troops.

The force has been assembling in the gulf region since December, including a seven-ship Navy fleet that entered the Red Sea this week carrying about 7,000 Marines from the 2nd Marine Expeditionary Brigade at Camp Lejeune, N.C. A similar-size group of California-based Marines is en route to the gulf on seven other ships.

101ST AIRBORNE DIVISION DEPLOYED

The 101st Airborne Division — along with its 270 helicopters — will “support possible future operations in the global war on terrorism,†according to a statement released by the public affairs office at Fort Campbell, Ky., where the division is based.

• U.S. military deployment in the Persian Gulf

• U.S. troops ship out

There has been some discussion of using the division in northern Iraq, which could mean an ultimate deployment to Turkey or nearby. Officials say it could take weeks to fully deploy the 101st, given the amount of equipment that must be transported.

The 101st “will provide Central Command substantial operational flexibility and combat power, as well as the ability to conduct long-range helicopter attacks and air assault operations should those capabilities be required to successfully prosecute the global war on terrorism,†the statement said.

About 4,500 soldiers from the 101st’s 3rd Brigade, 187th Regiment, deployed to Afghanistan to fight al-Qaida and Taliban forces in the war on terrorism. The soldiers, who returned in August after a six-month deployment, fought in Operation Anaconda, one of the fiercest battles in Afghanistan.

The Pentagon also is accelerating the mobilization of National Guard and Reserve forces. It announced Wednesday that an additional 16,979 reservists had been called to active duty over the past week. The total number on active duty, including those assigned to homeland defense, stands at 111,603, said Army Lt. Col. Dan Stoneking, a Pentagon spokesman. Of those, 80,002 are Army National Guard and Army Reserve.

<span id='postcolor'>

150,000 by the 15th. How much longer till we attack do you think?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SirLoins @ Feb. 08 2003,21:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I do realize there is nothing I can personally do to make you guys see the light about Bush.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, I really fear to see those lights... because I guess President Bushs lights would be followed by mushroom clouds and radioactive dust crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Feb. 09 2003,01:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">it's ok to point out Clintons shortcomings, but not Shrubs. Hypocrisy?<span id='postcolor'>

Only if we say they can't criticise Bush's shortcomings while we criticize Clinton's.

Call it defense. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Feb. 08 2003,22:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">150,000 by the 15th.  How much longer till we attack do you think?<span id='postcolor'>

Good question.

HUGE protests are being organised across the globe for the 15th.  I did not protest GW1, but I will definitely come out for this one.

Here is an excellent article on a speach given by Kofi Annan.

It basically echoes what is so often said here:

Saddam has to disarm, and if he doesnt and continues to attempt to avoid and/or deceive the inspectors, the UN will come down on him.

So..to our US friends, in the words of Bush the Better: 'Stay the course'   biggrin.gif Let the UN conduct it's business without constantly having to fend off demands from certain nations to just declare it done and start killing people.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ Feb. 08 2003,17:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Feb. 08 2003,22:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">150,000 by the 15th. How much longer till we attack do you think?<span id='postcolor'>

Good question.

HUGE protests are being organised across the globe for the 15th. I did not protest GW1, but I will definitely come out for this one.<span id='postcolor'>

That's not a bad idea... smile.gif

When was the last time a protest had an effect on what actually happens in the world?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Feb. 09 2003,00:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When was the last time a protest had an effect on what actually happens in the world?<span id='postcolor'>

Vietnam?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Feb. 09 2003,00:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When was the last time a protest had an effect on what actually happens in the world?<span id='postcolor'>

You don't think the Berlin Wall just fell down on its own, do you?

Rather, what effect would it have on attacking Iraq? Absolutley minimal if you ask me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Feb. 08 2003,23:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Saddam has to disarm, and if he doesnt and continues to attempt to avoid and/or deceive the inspectors, the UN will come down on him.<span id='postcolor'>

With all the fury and might that an international slap on the wrist can entail, undoubtedly

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bernadotte @ Feb. 09 2003,07:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">HUGE protests are being organised across the globe for the 15th.  I did not protest GW1, but I will definitely come out for this one.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmm, well the protest I'm going too is on the 14th, the same day that Hans Blix gives his report to the UN Security Council.

But before you think I'm a tree hugging hippy, I am protesting not against removing Suddam Insane and the Iraqi Hierarchy (say that aloud), but the fact that he is most likely going to be removed by over 150,000 troops preceeded by thousands of tons of bombs, which of I'm sure more than a few will find their way onto civilian casaulties.