Sign in to follow this  
-Ash-

Falklands mod progress

nice, but i don't believe you will release it on given time.

but i do believe that i can wait as much as it takes you to release it.

and now, let the clock ticking and wait...

P.S. if i was born in U.K. and was sent with the task force heading towards the falklands, i'll not need to wait for this mod, but as i was born in lithuania, 4 years after Falklands conflict, i need to wait for this one, to participate in. wink_o.gif

FLK  notworthy.gif  thumbs-up.gif

nice, but i don't believe you will release it on given time.

You may well be surprised.....

Our release schedule is not based on if we finish everything as that can't happen anyway due to lack of team members with relevant skills (and its not as if we havn't been trying to get some).

We will be doing our best to reach the date. We will NOT include anything that could detract from the rest of the work.

This MIGHT mean some items are not as finished as we want, but these will be checked with opinions from our Beta testers, if they happy its likey to get out.

For example a number of ships will NOT make it to release as they have yet to be built but these ships missing should not detract from the mission contents as what has been done can make up for it.

Another example is some buildings may end up missing, but again it should not detract from the rest of the terrains. As it happens we have a very large number placed already.

95% of land systems are ready, its some of the ancillary stuff that is stil being worked on, along with terrains

ALL terrains built for Falkland will be included.

These are:

South Georgia (SG) (12.8/256)

Pebble Island (Pb) (12.8/256)

San Carlos Water (SC) (25.6/512)

Stanley (St) (25.6/512)

Goose Green (GG) (12.8/256)

Atlantic Ocean (AO) (12.8/256)

The two letter codes are those I regulary use to indentify the islands.

I noticed that your progress report mentiones the Hermes at 80%, but the bar is full. does it mean anything? for example, that you release it 80 percent complete?

I like your ships, keep them coming

Primarily it means we havn't kept that progress stuff up to date recently, too many other things happening to be honest.

HMS Hermes 1982 is effectively complete as a model, main deck textures are complete but the rest of the ship has an overall grey, this however is barely noticed while she is in use, it may get dealt with if time permits.

I had intentions of completely replacing the whole model, but time was against me and a new model will be built for ArmA using detailed scale plans obtained some years after the current model was built.

Our Beta testing team has also not provided any negative feedback regarding this yet...

Our Beta testing team has also not provided any negative feedback regarding this yet...

Those lucky bastards. They got it earlier than us wink_o.gif

But they had to deal with bugs....

Which by the time everyone else gets it should be reduced thanks to thier observations.

Apologies for the delay, my notifications had run out.

The following ships will be released with the mod.

Type 21

Type 42/1

HMS Hermes

HMS Invincible

HMS Fearless

'Sir' Landing Ships

HMS Plymouth

HMS Oynx

RFA Fort Austin

MV Elk

SS Canberra

MV Baltic Ferry

MV Nordic Ferry

MV Atlantic Conveyor

ARA Guericco

ARA Santa Fe

I don't think I have missed any out.

Just one of our new screenshots as mentioned below

OFP3266.jpg

For further news that literally has been released today including more new screenshots of our virtually complete ships and other addons, including a public request.. please visit..

http://www.flashpoint1982.co.uk/

Awesome work, from start to finish your guy's mod are one of the very few (including Invasion 1944) that has come a long way since the way beginning. Incredible screenshots, wow! wow_o.gif

pics look great. the only reason i still have ofp on my machine is waiting for this release. here i come tumbledown

pics look great. the only reason i still have ofp on my machine is waiting for this release. here i come tumbledown

The terrain around the mounts is complete, and most give a very distinct impression of the the sheer scale of what was done back in 1982.

A walk from the bottom slopes to the top of Tumbledown will take in excess of 10 minutes on foot in daylight without any opposition. For real done at night under strict noise conditions, and then while under fire so increase that time significantly.

nah, it can't be real, i'm continueing waiting of this great mod.

i think i'm dreaming after hard nightwork, zZz...

EDIT,

showed these screens to the brother who spent this month's time downloading any video footage about 1982 events both from argentinean and britain point of view, he red my post and said:"are you nuts? this is second new most wanted 'game'-mod! you know how much we were waiting for this one?! ... "

so I felt that my, very tired nightworker's, post is very unpleasant and not polite looking from dev. team's eyes and now I'm correcting my self.

This is the most waited mod since the big OFP modding galaxy's explosion, when tools were created and people started from ideas, ... and it still doesn't have an end, just like our mother of mothers Planet Earth smile_o.gif

how do you say in UK? hat's off, lads?  notworthy.gif

Thank you for your kind words.

The time it has taken really reflects the un-prepardness of the team in realising just what it was we had set out to do.

At first we thought its wasn't going to be a big deal and thought it wouldn't take too long. We were wrong, I for a start was unemployed for at least a year during th ealy pat of the project, and I have ben employed for over 4 years now.

The teams structure and members have changed significantly over the years, and also the standard of addons has changed too, meaning much of our earlier work had to be completely re-worked. HMS Fearless is a good example of one of my earlier ships which has been rebuild 6 times.

My advice to anyone else trying to do a major mod is to look into just what the conflict/mod will entail, get the right people for the tasks, an problably the most important, keep the motivation to complete going as this is what has almost killed our team on a number of occasions. Part of this latter is to not overload individuals as this produces stress and slows down work exponentially (believe me when you got 30+ items to work on you really lose interest in doing one, yet when working on 1 or 2 it produce a sort of want to do it attitude).

Admittedly we are not quite there but I would say 99% of my free time is now spent checking thet we have all the requried files, finishing off little bits, and also trying to bring some of the remaining building cruds upto standard.

We will have a numer of missions, some will NOT involve combat but use of skills, and all will have a direct relation to activites from during the Falklands War of 1982.

keep up the good work  and i hope you manage your dead line as it would be a good time for the release april 2nd 2007.

25 years to the day

(one anniversary i wish i didnt have)

keep it up lads

and make us proud

bk1276

(25 years and still fighting)

Had overlooked that so the release date will now be 2 days later than planned.

Release will be sometime on the 2nd April 2007, time uncertain as it depends on if I can get time of work...

Time off work obtained.

Release will be early afternoon on the 2nd of April, just 25 years and a small number hours after the Falklands Defence Forces surrendered to the Argentine forces who had taken the islands by force.

It will be not as complete as we have hoped, and is quite far from our orginal intentions.

Our testers tho have still been impressed by what I think is the volume and detail in unexpected areas, one thing that they all seem to notice is how good a well made barren landscape can look, all we have done really is show what is naturally there, at true scale.., anyone want to go for a 2 hour walk? (actaully it can take longer due to elevation changes and other natural obstructions)

However we will be supporting this beyond the intial release with expectiations of a number of fixes to stuff that might of been overlooked, and also replacement of some of the lower quality stuff that has had to remain due to time limits.

This includes many buildings that with newly skills and abilities are going to be re-textured to allow for good ofp looks, and prospective portage to Armed Assault, this way work is not wasted..

A more appropriate time couldn't be found to release.

Good work lads.. it's been a long wait but you got there in the end...

We not where we wanted to be, we are far from it

To drag it any further will not help the mod, what we have is significant but not complete in the way we wanted it.

I am sure will both please and disappoint many, the latter we have done as much as we can to avoid but knowing the OFP community it will happen.....

There will be a guide including expected questions AND answers to the mod.

We not where we wanted to be, we are far from it

To drag it any further will not help the mod, what we have is significant but not complete in the way we wanted it.

I am sure will both please and disappoint many, the latter we have done as much as we can to avoid but knowing the OFP community it will happen.....

There will be a guide including expected questions AND answers to the mod.

I take it you're still not going to do a campaign to go with the mod then?