diwako

[RELEASE] STALKER-like anomalies

Hey diwako,

really nice set of scripts you have there. Did you consider adding a red blood splash particle effect to cover up the disappearing unit model in the meat grinder and spawning of gib props?

Also, I would look into spawning the gibs with random direction & velocity to give that "explosive decompression" feel.

If you accept pull requests, I could take a look myself.

Generally, a very awesome mod!

3 minutes ago, strongground said:

Hey diwako,

really nice set of scripts you have there. Did you consider adding a red blood splash particle effect to cover up the disappearing unit model in the meat grinder and spawning of gib props?

Also, I would look into spawning the gibs with random direction & velocity to give that "explosive decompression" feel.

If you accept pull requests, I could take a look myself.

Generally, a very awesome mod!

I am generally open for pull request, the whole reason I put my stuff on Github is so people can use it, modify it and extend it.

Awesome, I will see if I manage to make some small changes to the meatgrinder SFX then!

I finally came around to testing your anomalies. They're nothing but great!

I took the liberty of assembling an addon pbo that makes your scripts and sounds available to any mission, so you could even use it in curator game mode templates without including your scripts (and thus keeping mission files lean and clean). It even adds cba settings, an anomaly detector item and a bag of bolts. If you're interested, I can share this here or send it to you.

#edit: Your documentation to anomaly_fnc_createAnomalyField unfortunately contains an error. It has to be: [ [ [_pos, _radiusA, _radiusB, _angle, _isRectangle] , _isPerimeter ],_howManySpringboards,_howManyElectras,_howManyBurners,_howManyMeatGrínders] call anomaly_fnc_createAnomalyField;

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Belbo said:

I finally came around to testing your anomalies. They're nothing but great!

I took the liberty of assembling an addon pbo that makes your scripts and sounds available to any mission, so you could even use it in curator game mode templates without including your scripts (and thus keeping mission files lean and clean). It even adds cba settings, an anomaly detector item and a bag of bolts. If you're interested, I can share this here or send it to you.

#edit: Your documentation to anomaly_fnc_createAnomalyField unfortunately contains an error. It has to be: [ [ [_pos, _radiusA, _radiusB, _angle, _isRectangle] , _isPerimeter ],_howManySpringboards,_howManyElectras,_howManyBurners,_howManyMeatGrínders] call anomaly_fnc_createAnomalyField;

I am interested in this, as I wanted to convert some of my scripts as addons as well. Just didn't get around it so far as I am busy with compiling a private stalker content mod and working on a stalker-esque mission. I thought of running the anomalies as a script version and a mod version, just couldn't find a way to have both on github without maintaining 2 codebases at the same time.

Would be nice if bolts were a throwable item like grenade, with "unlimited" amount, so you could just press G.

4 hours ago, MJRamon said:

Would be nice if bolts were a throwable item like grenade, with "unlimited" amount, so you could just press G.

The bag of bolts right now can be changed to be some sort of grenade type, tho i would prefer to not stray too far from the script version. Many people set custom keybinds for their own missions/servers for features like this, so i can see that happening in this case as well.

No guarantees tho, as I think bolt throwing is fine as it is right now.

19 hours ago, diwako said:

The bag of bolts right now can be changed to be some sort of grenade type, tho i would prefer to not stray too far from the script version. Many people set custom keybinds for their own missions/servers for features like this, so i can see that happening in this case as well.

No guarantees tho, as I think bolt throwing is fine as it is right now.

But this feature doesn't need a custom key. The bolt needs to be actually a grenade with custom model. Look at this, for example: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2uu6ry18saw1xf4/Bolts_and_anomalies.rar?dl=0

@MJRamon seems like @Belbo beat me to it and actually implemented something that you requested. The mad lad added 2 bolt "grenades". One single use and one near unlimited use.

video of it in action:

https://streamable.com/lov9v

I will be including that in the next update to the mod. However that might take a while as I am waiting for friend to finish the bolt model as I do not really want to use the armstalker one.

That means the current bag of bolts will be deprecated. I will remove in a later release, so you can still use or open up your missions until it is removed. Right now I am just touching up some stuff here and there and then release it.

For the script version I some other plans. I will update it from time to time, but currently all new features are really just doable with a mod sadly. So when it is possible I will add features and bug fixes to the script only version.

• Like 1

Setting DEBUG to false does not remove the "teleport" marker etc from the map

5 hours ago, ROTAHOE said:

Setting DEBUG to false does not remove the "teleport" marker etc from the map

The debug function is not really meant to be turned on and off on the fly. If you set debug to false the deletion function will not even attempt to delete any markers. I also do admit that the deletion is a bit buggy and does not completely reliably remove markers as it really is just meant for mission makers to see where anomalies are spawned and if they are there correctly and then the debug is turned off again.

In other news, Model progress so far

70rxfj7.png

Hi ! Thanks for you mod !

Any chance to add a module on Eden for the addon version ?

So you can place anomalies faster and have some parameters ? (Like "wich type of anomalies" / Random placement / % chance to spawn anomalies or not)

Regards,

2 hours ago, soronelite said:

Hi ! Thanks for you mod !

Any chance to add a module on Eden for the addon version ?

So you can place anomalies faster and have some parameters ? (Like "wich type of anomalies" / Random placement / % chance to spawn anomalies or not)

Regards,

It is a possibility. I have not looked into the module stuff so far because I am preparing another release first, maybe after that.

• Like 1

Mod has been updated on steam workshop!

Added Bolt grenades!
-one single use bolt
-one bag of bolt with multiple near unlimited uses
-depricated old bag of bolts item and removed bolt item in cba settings.
(old item is not removed but will be in the future, so please do not use it anymore!)

So bolts are now grenade items! You can use them like a normal grenade. Special thanks to @Belbo for his contributions. Also thanks for "Mallow" who made the bolt model just for this mod!

• Like 3

Something that just came to my mind: Have you considered a collaboration between you and aliascartoons, to up the ante on the different anomalies?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=34040

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=33731

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=33687

The two of you could probably get a whole lot of anomalies in the game.

1 hour ago, Belbo said:

Something that just came to my mind: Have you considered a collaboration between you and aliascartoons, to up the ante on the different anomalies?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=34040

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=33731

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=33687

The two of you could probably get a whole lot of anomalies in the game.

I have not considered that. I was aware that these anomalies also existed, tho I wanted some more stalker-like. So I am not sure if aliascatoon even wants to collaborate or if our codebases are too different for them to work properly together.

Just released an update to the mod

Changelog:

Anomalies now placeable in 3den
While loop replaced with CBA PFH (probably better performance!)

Anomalies now placeable in 3den
While loop replaced with CBA PFH (probably better performance!)

Download:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1383903166

EF29C83C4651FE7A703BF4EB0874FB67BAB96A97

• Like 2

Just pushed a small bugfix after I discovered that deleting anomalies on a dedicated server was not working properly from zeus. Also have this sneak peak of an anomaly I am working on.

50 minutes ago, diwako said:

Just pushed a small bugfix after I discovered that deleting anomalies on a dedicated server was not working properly from zeus. Also have this sneak peak of an anomaly I am working on.

Looks noice. Toxic anomalies would be a great addition as well.

Also I've heard Russian speech, is that a mod?

1 minute ago, MJRamon said:

Looks noice. Toxic anomalies would be a great addition as well.

Also I've heard Russian speech, is that a mod?

The video is part of a mission I am running for the group I play in. It is just a small radio playing some russian radio messages for ambiance. So that will not be in the mod in the end.

2 hours ago, diwako said:

Nice :)
Will you add support for custom gasmask or others items ? (Like suit, etc.)