Sign in to follow this  
Tex -USMC-

Gamers today

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Nov. 29 2002,17:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hope when they make OFP2 (Or release VBS to the public), it is well advertised. This game is truly a goldmine, it sucks that a lot of people don't play MP. We need a bigger crowd!<span id='postcolor'>

You know, I really don't see VBS1 going public as a possibility, not in this decade. I mean... hard to explain. It's not like the Unreal Engine is actually public, it's just available to other "game" developers. smile.gif Also wouldn't there be some rights issues with the armed forces? Anyway, that's what I'm thinking.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You know, I really don't see VBS1 going public as a possibility<span id='postcolor'>

That's why I said "I hope" smile.gif

MOHAA, CS and other games like that are full of kids. Kids don't like OFP, because it's too hard, and they don't want to use brains when playing a game. biggrin.gif.

Afcourse not all kids are like that. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ Nov. 30 2002,18:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">MOHAA, CS and other games like that are full of kids. Kids don't like OFP, because it's too hard, and they don't want to use brains when playing a game.  biggrin.gif.

Afcourse not all kids are like that. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'm a kid and play everything, the only challenge i had is OFP smile.gif

and thatz why i like it.

i wonder why so many people like cs, nothing special, just walk and shoot confused.gif

True BIS needs more advertizing i had to pick this game randomly in the shelves to buy it, i didnt even know what i was gonna buy, hopefully i was not dissapointed smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Nov. 30 2002,18:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm a kid and play everything, the only challenge i had is OFP  smile.gif

and thatz why i like it.

i wonder why so many people like cs, nothing special, just walk and shoot  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

cause it takes no brain...you just go in, shoot shoot shoot bang and that's it...killing time wink.gif

i did have some fun moments like that, but it only lasts so long.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">True BIS needs more advertizing i had to pick this game randomly in the shelves to buy it, i didnt even know what i was gonna buy, hopefully i was not dissapointed  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

my suggestion to BIS and OFP2 distributor is that they look into other crowd. OFP is more realistic (in terms of open area combat) than any other commercial game out there, and they should consider advertising to some crowds who can appreciate it.

like Guns&Ammo, Hanguns, Soldier of Fortune magazine.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Bart.Jan @ Nov. 29 2002,14:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Totally agree :

MP in OFP is not for OFP rookies. I played few days ago and it was games full of frindly-fire.

Every mission I played was similar to other 3D shooters MP missions. In many case there was all equipment available for each side. So only way how to recognize enemy was uniform and side he faced.

It was totaly different experience on playing OFP LAN games with friends. In LAN games there, obviously, leader leads his soldiers but in internet game everybody just run for best equipment a run against enemy even in coop missions.

Best games I played was with some clan players. They have some tactic so it's easy to join them. In organized group you just must check your sector because other sectors are covered by another squad members. It's too difficult to play as lone wolf where you must look around whole time and when you spot someone decide if he is friend or foe.<span id='postcolor'>

If you want to make the best out of OFP MP then join a clan, or play only on clan servers. There it`s very seldom that you get killed by friendly fire and almost everybody is using real military tactics. Team killers don`t have a long stand on clan servers. tounge.gif

I have a great time with my clan! smile.gif

Well, from what i see, CS isn't all that "shoot, kill, throw nade/flashbang"

In CS, I've learned how to use the enviromental sounds. I've learned to hear the footsteps and translate them into possible engaging methods.

Except for that AWM, that thing is just too good.

walk, stand still, aim and BANG!... one kill.

IRL i doubt u'd ever be able to use a real AWM like that.

I am stuck right now. A few weeks ago I was better In Soldier of Fortune than most clans but they got sooooo good I pretty much suck right now. Tried OFP yesterday and yes I had the TK problem as well. So I bought a new game "New World Order" which is pretty cool but so full of bugs (even after 1.2) that I couldnt play singleplayer and barely multiplayer and returned it to the store. When I returned it I didnt have much time to choose a new one so I took "Tactical Ops" which is the worst game ever. If someone wants to have it please tell me your address. I am not kidding I am gonna send it to you (I even pay the stamps). I am off to Malta next week and so I would throw it away otherwise! smile.gif

In case you want it just e-mail me your address!

*raises hand as ex-DF2 player*

=CS= Forever!!! smile.gif (Crimson Snipers)

I know MANY DF players that found it, as said before, lacking. The basis of this topic is that gamers today don't necessarily lack taste. Because its just that, taste. Everyone has their own. Its more that they lack respect for quality. Lets face it, about 75% of the gaming just wants a BFG and a whole bunch of sh*t to blow up with it. Am i saying those games aren't quality? Yes and no. Yes because, well, i personally don't think that too much thought could of went into the game, mainly just the story, which still revolves around blowing stuff up with big guns. And no because, i mean hey, with all the technology out now, damn near every game out there has a certain aspect of quality in it, be it graphics or the gameplay interface itself. And hey, don't get me wrong, i like blowing things up with really big guns sometimes. But i yearn for realism, which is my taste. Which, once again, is what it all boils down to. smile.gif

*drops his 2 cents in the jar*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ Dec. 01 2002,02:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When I returned it I didnt have much time to choose a new one so I took "Tactical Ops" which is the worst game ever.<span id='postcolor'>

hmmm... isn't it a mod for UT?? this mod is the same as CS beside that it has more bugs, crappy animations, and the most unrealistic weapons i've ever seen! tounge.gif

I got OFP thrue a friend of mine who got it. One day I took place behind his pc, and a few hours later a had to kick me away from it. Next day I bought the game, and have been playing it ever since (though a little less lately, and I haven't been so much of Internet MP in general, just on a LAN with 2-6 players)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ArchangelSKT @ Dec. 02 2002,01:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am just courious why Albert is going to Malta now when the good weather has gone away :=)<span id='postcolor'>

They offered me a job and I want to see their faces before I sign a contract (with bad payment anyway) smile.gif