SaltyNewt

Tac Ops DLC Hopes

It’s a bit of a long shot but one thing I really want for this new dlc is the for the British voices to be added to the profile. You can technically access them in missions but you’d need a full arsenal to do it. But aside from that more weapons and outfits. Maybe even a vehicle or two

You obviously haven't read the latest SITREP yet. :>

Tac-Ops is only new singleplayer missions and nothing else.

On 10/19/2017 at 3:48 PM, lexx said:

You obviously haven't read the latest SITREP yet. :>

Tac-Ops is only new singleplayer missions and nothing else.

This is a bit of a shame there will be no MP content. I would love to see a real effort on their part to create some new interesting MP missions that would stand along side Warfare they created in A2, sadly only a few people play these CTI types of MP in Arma, you have a huge sandbox game with ability for combined arms type of gameplay where everyone works as a team in different sections of combat. But i guess no one is interested in that. Imagine you took the game Squad and put it on Altis and added the vehicles Arma has and some more to it, it would be awesome. Squad is a great game, but its maps are on the small side, one or two maps are a little bigger but the players working as team/squad is great fun. They will eventually have transport choppers so that might mean their map sizes will be increased. Just wish we had something like Squad in our sandbox. I guess you could say there is, if you join a clan that has large scale operations.

What about an official BIS CTI mulitplayer mode similar to Warfare earn money, upgrade etc.. but with a Sector Control like structure with a Zeus hybrid component for the Commander role, where the commander can purchase upgrades thanks to the work of the players and create ai squads/platoons both in vehicle and infantry wise to support along side players who instead of every player being able to buy vehicles take up roles to play with a squad leader who can be the only one to purchase vehicles for their squad. There could be dedicated roles that the commander can assign objectives for which that player who is a tank commander who has their own tank with 2 Ai tanks, when they complete an objective there could be a bonus for them (perhaps unlocks tank upgrades). You want to be a Jet pilot, perhaps you have to do some heli transport missions first and rank up to unlock the ability to have access to Jets. With set limits on number of jets and tanks etc per side. But you can increase this if you capture and repair enemy vehicles.

Also some areas of the map if captured gives bonuses (these could be dynamic (you can see a circle on the map roughly showing area to find it- you will know what the bonus is though or maybe they have to be found by air first before appearing on the map for your side. Other bonuses could be a slight buff for all players on a side such as stamina lasting 5 mins longer when sprinting, ability to halo jump from airport and FOBS, being able to reveal all positions of the enemy for 1 minute on the map, being able to call in a supply airdrop for repairs or getting more ammo, so these objectives have to be captured and the commander can send an ai patrol to defend it once captured. These could be in the further out places and the sectors could be large areas (or a large zone with a small sector within it you have to capture- like a single town it could be a mixture) so you don't have to capture a hundred of them to win the game.  Also long range weapons (arty and Jets) can make large zones that has a capture sector possible to take (the actual zone to capture could vary in size- some could be a town within a large zone)  I'm sure there are many other ideas that perhaps have shown themselves in other community missions over the years as well as ones from players who cannot script but have create ideas. 

Captured sectors (which could be small towns as well as some outposts) could automatically have Ai spawn and man turrets and infantry and light vehicle patrols, this makes it easier for low player count eg 20 vs 20 players to focus on what is important and also opposing side players still have fun attacking a remote outpost guarded by Ai (which the Zeus Commander role as mentioned could tweak and move around static defenses and perhaps setup patrols for the Ai as best fit the situation). (Warfare sort of has this in the form of Independent side automatically starts off defending a town and can try to retake it back- a variant of Warfare in the past also was if the playerside takes a town, Ai Blufor for example would spawn and patrol around the town and also man turrets- you could even order some of your ai squad to man a turret and disband them from your squad so they will stay there. But i don't think this is in the newer variant of Warfare. I think now if you disband a unit it dies.)

A know a lot of players prefer lone wolf type of play but this isn't not for them but those who like to play as a team.

When a zone get taken then the area could spawn at random areas with AA and ai jets/choppers who patrol the area, making it pretty much very hard to retake (but these Ai units only stay within a radius of the wider area which is under a sides control) in short this just makes the battlefield smaller, although the other side could push back and try to retake the sectors (perhaps there three sectors within a large 'zone' on the map and one of these is a random key sector that if taken will weaken the others either time to capture or something- only the attacking side will see this on their map) they will have to make it appear they are interested in another one. Or maybe some sectors has spawn areas for bonus vehicles- capture that sector and you can spawn tanks there for example and make it as your FOB for tank operations in the area...

Perhaps BIS has something in mind in the future for something like this or even revisit Warfare and see how they can tweak it when the Tanks DLC comes in and a better Combined Arms modes can be made to suit this along with the Jets and Helicopters already have been redone and upgraded in the game. Are we going to see a combined arms game mode in MP? I think when Squad moves to large maps and more vehicles it may very well overtake Arma as Arma just seems to be predominately a sandbox, however in saying that Arma has hundreds of mods and a powerful scripting language for mods and mission editor.

At the end of the day, i guess if players really wanted a good CTI mission there would be many more players playing Warfare like the Becti Warfare variant that has a redone UI etc..that would show interest. Or perhaps we need to see a hybrid of that where parameters can be changed to make a game much more shorter if desired and Zeus bolted or infused into the Commander role as suggested above along with other fresh ideas to reinvigorate the CTI mode to attract new players, i would say a lot of players who play Squad probably own Arma3 as well so having a Squad like experience in a Combined Arms CTI mode might draw those players who want a break from small maps.

Anyway that is my ramble for the day and my ideas might be a little scrambled as they pour out onto the page here...

They already done a lot for MP.

I'm glad to see they now focus a little on SP and tgink about people who like SP missions.

What I would be interested in is what, if any, engine or functionality improvements are added- every DLC so far has added something, from bipods (Marksman) , Advanced FM (Helis) , thermal and lighting changes (Apex), radar and fixed wing handling (Jets) , mine clearing and minesweeper/HUD (LOW) so seeing what updated feature or related items are going to be added for Tac Ops is for me more interesting than scenarios. 

They said no new feature nor new asdet will be added.

Only 3 missions, with good replayability (possibility to switch POV during the mission).

• Sad 1