Yesterday at around 7PM I had to Hard Reset my PC since Arma 3 lagged while logging out I sat there for like 30 minutes before I shut it down now when I booted up steam it wants me to redownload all 40GB of my Steam Workshop mods and took another extra 40 GB of my HDD space meaning I have 40 GB of mods that it can't find and 40 GB of mods that it want's to download because it is just too lazy to look around and to be honest it's pissing me off I don't want to sit and wait who knows how many hours downloading mods I have downloaded I even had missions I was working on but know I can't do **** since I need my mods for it and I would have to wait for the whole thing to download since you can't choose which mods to download and which not without unsubscribing from them. This is just ANNOYING as hell 5 hours spent in the Editor on a single project just to have this and the fun part? It didn't even happen yesterday I could freely do my stuff after the reset in Arma 3 after I start the PC from having a nice sleep it welcomes me to this bull**** so if there is any fix except reinstalling the game please tell me. Thanks

I had exactly the same problem after installing an SSD.  Steam obviously creates a duplicate temp file when downloading things, so bloody frustrating.   Now I use steam workshop just for CUP terrains and ALiVE.  Keep an Arma store folder on another HDD full of mods from Armaholic/Forums etc.  Import them locally into Arma launcher.   Not the best for auto updates etc, but you know where your mods are and they don't instantaneously fill your SDD/HDD everytime there's an update.

• Like 2

@hcpookie  Not sure what the purpose of that post was..

OP- I had the same issue happen a couple of times to me-it tried to download over 100Gb of stuff.. Only way I got it to stop was to unsubscribe from everything I had. Unfortunately this must be done one by one and if(like me) you are subscribed to hundreds of missions and mods, it can take a while.

• Thanks 1