Sign in to follow this  
PitViper

America's army patch it out

I got it.It works fine.If you get a error when installing, re download the patch some where else will do the trick.

I dunno about you guys but this game could never keep my interest. I mean yea its free but it just is pretty boring IMO. I think Raven shield is better.

I am already bored with RS also. If you play day by day and experience that a ping of 30 or 40 is the best for killing, you get a bit dissapointed cause the lower pingers are always able to shoot that 1/10 second faster than you if you have round 100 like i usually have.

Back on topic: What is new with the patch ? Anyone knows about that ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Here's what to expect in v1.4:

- new map: River Basin (MILES map)

- new equipment: Binoculars (leader only)

- new features: Report In (sends location of teammates with one keystroke); walking with iron sights up; news system (in game interface).

- changes: new scoring system; honor reset; and several nasty bugs squashed!

All this -- and more! Coming just in time for Thanksgiving!

<span id='postcolor'>

Just installed the game. I like it, but I have a couple of issues with it and I was wondering if someone could help me out, the official site dosen't see to have much info and their FAQ link seems to be nonworking. First of all, I remember reading somewhere that this would have a First Person shooter component, and an RPG component where you had to choose actions for your character but weren't directly in control of him....Was the second part BS? Because I can't seem to find it.

Second, for some strange reason, the briefing text and the in-game chat/console text is nearly unreadable on my computer - VERY small and blurry...no matter what resolution I set it to. If I set it to 800X600 it becomes almost readable, but obviously I'd like to play on a higher setting. Anyone know a way to fix this?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Nov. 26 2002,08:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Just installed the game. I like it, but I have a couple of issues with it  and I was wondering if someone could help me out, the official site dosen't see to have much info and their FAQ link seems to be nonworking. First of all, I remember reading somewhere that this would have a First Person shooter component, and an RPG component where you had to choose actions for your character but weren't directly in control of him....Was the second part BS? Because I can't seem to find it.

Second, for some strange reason, the briefing text and the in-game chat/console text is nearly unreadable on my computer - VERY small and blurry...no matter what resolution I set it to. If I set it to 800X600 it becomes almost readable, but obviously I'd like to play on a higher setting. Anyone know a way to fix this?<span id='postcolor'>

I have an answer to just your first question. E-mail them about the second.

Yes it is true there is a RPG component for AA. Supposedly it will have affects on your character ingame. Something like The sims i guess and you actually get results from doing certain things. Its another one of those MMORPG. No one knows when it will come out. confused.gif Not a whole lot to say except that it is true.

Hope that answers your question smile.gif

Apparantly the role-playing part of the whole Americas Army 'experience' is called 'Soldiers', wheras this currently available one is called 'Operations'. But as Jester said, it's not out yet. smile.gif

I read some where that "AA: soldiers" Is going to be relised in stores (instead of dl from there site...)

I guess "Soldiers" is gonna try get ppl who play singel player rather then mp (alltho i think its gonna be both mp and sp)

havent got the 1,40 working yet, so ill follow your advice and dl it again from an other place smile.gif

I already tried the game and uninstalled it the same day as well. During the target practice, shooting the M16 from a prone position, aiming nicely on the man-sized stationary target 50 meters away and the thing misses half the time? That's just plain retarded. My bb gun has better precision than that. Just felt like a real low budget crap-o-rama aimed to get some dumb slacked jaw yokel with crooked teeth and armpit hair smelling worse than ricki lake to say "I want to join!"

Im starting to lose intrest in it to.The maps that where Live fire, are now MILES. sad.gif

This game wasnt much help on helping me choose a career in the arm either.

I just got IL-2 yesterday, and i like that game better, and its stole me away from Americas Army. smile.gif

Also, this is where i got 1.40. http://www.3dgamers.com/dl....xe.html

California worked for me.And select "Download it directly

from our server" and you'll download in secs.Or at least 7 secs for me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ Nov. 27 2002,15:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I already tried the game and uninstalled it the same day as well.  During the target practice, shooting the M16 from a prone position, aiming nicely on the man-sized stationary target 50 meters away and the thing misses half the time?  That's just plain retarded.  My bb gun has better precision than that.   Just felt like a real low budget crap-o-rama aimed to get some dumb slacked jaw yokel with crooked teeth and armpit hair smelling worse than ricki lake to say "I want to join!"<span id='postcolor'>

You need to work on aiming then, I can hit the farthest target with 1 round confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you play day by day and experience that a ping of 30 or 40 is the best for killing, you get a bit dissapointed cause the lower pingers are always able to shoot that 1/10 second faster than you if you have round 100 like i usually have. <span id='postcolor'>

That's one positive thing about AA, you can play with a 200-300 ping and still be competitive. It runs pretty smoothly.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">During the target practice, shooting the M16 from a prone position, aiming nicely on the man-sized stationary target 50 meters away and the thing misses half the time?<span id='postcolor'>

I had the same problem, I couldn't hit sweet f*ck all, yet I am able to shoot 95/100 on the Canadian PWT3 in the real world. It took me 40-50 tries just to qualify as 'expert-marksman' in the game so I could use the sniper rifle. It's pathetic. However, I like the super realistic realod animations for the weapons.

What I don't like is the fact that you never get to play as the 'OpFor', you always see yourself as a U.S. Army guy, but you appear to the other side as OpFor. I hate that.

I also hate those damn MILES servers, sure it's fun in real life but I don't want to go on a PC and play it. How gay......

I'll have to pick up Raven Shield for myself sometime.

Tyler

This is FREE(kinda,Well better then some other country have the money.).Sure some parts suck.But the game is pretty sweet for being free.The game runs great on my crappy computer.I just started playing when i got my cd in the mail the other day.Only took them 5 months.Also if your playing americas army seeing what you want to do.Well guess what,you fell in the trap.

Why do people join to get shot at ? real-life Bullets are bad.mousing click,restarting is good.

This game isnt to make you feel like joining the army, its suppose to help people that already want to join the army, in finding a carrer.It shows what they (somewhat) do in airborne, or 10th moutain div, etc.I have been thinking about joing the army, long before this game even came out.I am still going to join the 1st Cavalry, and anyways my dad was with them, so he could give me some tips, on being a tanker.

I got tired of this one quickly. The engine has great potential, as can be seen on the training maps, particularly the rifle and advanced weapons range, the sniper range, and the 250' tower, but the actual combat maps are a bitter dissapointment. Small, foggy, confined, and nowhere near what their engine is capable of. If the map is big, it is foggy and dark. If it is clear, it is small. Dissapointing. That's why I don't play it.

I agree with Tex. Thats exactly what i hate about this game.

Example: On one of the missinos you have to defend an MI 24 (looks pretty good). Well that sounds fun and all until you get into the game. its pitch black and you have no NV. Theres one light in the whole entire map. I mean its riducious.

I know that most military operations are launched at night but i mean come on.

I think that the sniper school was waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy too easy. I mean everyone wants the sniper rifles so they should make it really hard to make it so not everyone is a sniper. Oh well.

Its a good game for being Free. But i dont think it can keep a whole lot of people's interest for at least more than 2 hours.

I dont know about you guys but I sure think this is meant to attract more of a CS crowd. confused.gif

Yeah, I thought the sniper school was ridiculously easy to pass, in comparison to how hard it is to unlock it. Not that it matters, because the maps are almost never big enough to justify using a sniper rifle anyhow.

I think the engine doesn´t have potential at all. Maps are small, visual range is too short and trees are very ugly. Althought it´s nice that the game is free and those realistic reloads are nice.

But have you seen the training maps? Long view range, large maps (they just dont let you run around them). If their mapmakers would pull their heads out of their butts, they could have a really awesome game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Nov. 27 2002,04:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, I thought the sniper school was ridiculously easy to pass, in comparison to how hard it is to unlock it. Not that it matters, because the maps are almost never big enough to justify using a sniper rifle anyhow.<span id='postcolor'>

I used a sniper rifle on bridge once. Was able to kill one guy. That was it. THen on another mission i forgot the name but its way bigger than bridge but is another snow mission. I tried to use the sniper rifle there but i couldnt see jack because it was all foggy.

The mapmakers are good (texturing wise and all that) but they underestimate the value of a wide area of attack. I just dont like being cut off when im playing something.