Sign in to follow this  
NAA_Us_Marine

F-15e strike eagle released!

F15E

New Tunguska

1.90 patch

1.90 Dynamic Range

Christmas has come early! biggrin.gif

If you all wondered where the readme file is..its in the pbo file..but at the moment im uploading new zip file with readme file in it.

cheers

it's just .. overkill . just tried it ... it's .. undescriptable

only 1 agm130 wiped 5 entire t80 platoons on desert island

i think that the power of the weapons shopuld be toned down a little bit

Anyone else has trouble downloading it from deadsoldier's site? Could someone mirror the file?

after a quick play ive noticed a couple of things, firstly the outside model is amazing, looks really good, great job! the interior could use some work, maybe adding more dials, making it a little better looking, its the only thing letting it down looks wise, i tried out the laser guided bomb but couldnt get them to target, i used both an oh-58 and a blackop with laser, i couldnt see any of the targets, are you sure you added "laserscanner=1;"(or similar) to the cpp? the nuke seems pretty useless, ive tried lots of things to try to survive when it goes off, either going really high or going really fast to get away (using set velocity) and every time it killed me, and also as ran said, they could use some toning down, the agm was flipping me when i was 200m above it and a few hundred metres away, could you also make the mk-82's auto fire, so that we can release 5-10 bombs in one go instead of forever clicking, people could still release individual bombs by using left click and autofire with ctrl

ok...i have removed the file..cause i just found a huge bug in it..and i dont wanna have ppl have the wrong bad model..so i will fix it ..and updated the link..or file.

cheers.

In the readme, can you give us the name of the nuke as well please, it is impossible to use it while flying but it would be nice for cutscenes etc smile.gif

no one mirror it please..i dont want ppl to have the bad version..we worked hard on this..and i would hate to have ppl download the bad incomplete version. Do us a favour and dont give to your friends please until we update it soon.

thnx for your understanding.

cheers

all the sutff you metnioned...the bombs..some lod's issues..and the cockpit is not fully textured..

cheers

yeah ive just seen the lods....im guessing you forgot to binarize it...you definately need a couple of new models in there, going from 4000 to 200 with such a large gap between lods will hamper its use with more than one or two

edit: im writing out the a10 lod resolution/vertice counts for you, will take a couple of minutes

resolution/polygon count

0.750 1006

1.500 705

2.000 470

4.000 251

7.000 124

11.000 107

15.000 50

obviously it will be different for the f-15 now, as peoples computer specs are now better, but this is still roughly what you should be sticking to to allow everyone to play with a decent frame rate

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Nov. 22 2002,17:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">after a quick play ive noticed a couple of things, firstly the outside model is amazing, looks really good, great job! the interior could use some work, maybe adding more dials, making it a little better looking, its the only thing letting it down looks wise, i tried out the laser guided bomb but couldnt get them to target, i used both an oh-58 and a blackop with laser, i couldnt see any of the targets, are you sure you added "laserscanner=1;"(or similar) to the cpp? the nuke seems pretty useless, ive tried lots of things to try to survive when it goes off, either going really high or going really fast to get away (using set velocity) and every time it killed me, and also as ran said, they could use some toning down, the agm was flipping me when i was 200m above it and a few hundred metres away, could you also make the mk-82's auto fire, so that we can release 5-10 bombs in one go instead of forever clicking, people could still release individual bombs by using left click and autofire with ctrl<span id='postcolor'>

NAA_Us_Marine,

I agree with just about everything Mr. E says above, though to be honest, I never got as far as trying weapons release. In common with most of the aircraft released for OFP, a hellish amount of altitude is lost in turning.

As far as dropping ordinance goes, how does it sound to have differing quantities available for release in the menu? As an ex- Jane's F-15 player, I would suggest sticks of one, two and four available?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 23 2002,15:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Nov. 22 2002,17:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">after a quick play ive noticed a couple of things, firstly the outside model is amazing, looks really good, great job! the interior could use some work, maybe adding more dials, making it a little better looking, its the only thing letting it down looks wise, i tried out the laser guided bomb but couldnt get them to target, i used both an oh-58 and a blackop with laser, i couldnt see any of the targets, are you sure you added "laserscanner=1;"(or similar) to the cpp? the nuke seems pretty useless, ive tried lots of things to try to survive when it goes off, either going really high or going really fast to get away (using set velocity) and every time it killed me, and also as ran said, they could use some toning down, the agm was flipping me when i was 200m above it and a few hundred metres away, could you also make the mk-82's auto fire, so that we can release 5-10 bombs in one go instead of forever clicking, people could still release individual bombs by using left click and autofire with ctrl<span id='postcolor'>

NAA_Us_Marine,

I agree with just about everything Mr. E says above, though to be honest, I never got as far as trying weapons release. In common with most of the aircraft released for OFP, a hellish amount of altitude is lost in turning.

As far as dropping ordinance goes, how does it sound to have differing quantities available for release in the menu? As an ex- Jane's F-15 player, I would suggest sticks of one, two and four available?<span id='postcolor'>

Don't you just love it when people can't be bothered to read the entire thread before replying smile.gif

Ok we aer inthe process of fixing some things..when we're done. We will upload it here:

http://www.ofp-zone.de

So keep your eye open..check the site to see if it has been uploaded..or check here inthe forum.

it wont take long.

cheers

Are there no downloads that don't take 3/4 of an hour for me to download?!

there is no download yet, stt and i work hard on a new versions that have been fix a few bugs, maybe we got it finished this day!

i post a comment wehn its ready stay tuned!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Gunship [OFP-ZONE] @ Nov. 23 2002,16:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">there is no download yet, stt and i work hard on a new versions that have been fix a few bugs, maybe we got it finished this day!

i post a comment wehn its ready stay tuned!<span id='postcolor'>

OK download delay, deadsoldier released the f15 tommorow its better because we found a few things that must be correct, cockpit textures and so on!

Please stay tuned :o)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Nov. 23 2002,16:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Are there no downloads that don't take 3/4 of an hour for me to download?!<span id='postcolor'>

It's worth it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 22 2002,18:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 23 2002,15:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Nov. 22 2002,17:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">after a quick play ive noticed a couple of things, firstly the outside model is amazing, looks really good, great job! the interior could use some work, maybe adding more dials, making it a little better looking, its the only thing letting it down looks wise, i tried out the laser guided bomb but couldnt get them to target, i used both an oh-58 and a blackop with laser, i couldnt see any of the targets, are you sure you added "laserscanner=1;"(or similar) to the cpp? the nuke seems pretty useless, ive tried lots of things to try to survive when it goes off, either going really high or going really fast to get away (using set velocity) and every time it killed me, and also as ran said, they could use some toning down, the agm was flipping me when i was 200m above it and a few hundred metres away, could you also make the mk-82's auto fire, so that we can release 5-10 bombs in one go instead of forever clicking, people could still release individual bombs by using left click and autofire with ctrl<span id='postcolor'>

NAA_Us_Marine,

As far as dropping ordinance goes, how does it sound to have differing quantities available for release in the menu? As an ex- Jane's F-15 player, I would suggest sticks of one, two and four available?<span id='postcolor'>

Don't you just love it when people can't be bothered to read the entire thread before replying smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I did. If Janes is anything like realistic, autofiring bombs isn't. Pre-programmed sticks are.

Next?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 23 2002,17:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 22 2002,18:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 23 2002,15:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Nov. 22 2002,17:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">after a quick play ive noticed a couple of things, firstly the outside model is amazing, looks really good, great job! the interior could use some work, maybe adding more dials, making it a little better looking, its the only thing letting it down looks wise, i tried out the laser guided bomb but couldnt get them to target, i used both an oh-58 and a blackop with laser, i couldnt see any of the targets, are you sure you added "laserscanner=1;"(or similar) to the cpp? the nuke seems pretty useless, ive tried lots of things to try to survive when it goes off, either going really high or going really fast to get away (using set velocity) and every time it killed me, and also as ran said, they could use some toning down, the agm was flipping me when i was 200m above it and a few hundred metres away, could you also make the mk-82's auto fire, so that we can release 5-10 bombs in one go instead of forever clicking, people could still release individual bombs by using left click and autofire with ctrl<span id='postcolor'>

NAA_Us_Marine,

Don't you just love it when people can't be bothered to read the entire thread before replying smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I did. If Janes is anything like realistic, autofiring bombs isn't. Pre-programmed sticks are.

Next?<span id='postcolor'>

No you didn't, if you had read the thread you would have noticed that the issues addressed by Evis are pointless as this is not the finished product tounge.gif

What's wrong with my webhosting? It is in penssylvania and I am in california and I get 38 kb/s