Sign in to follow this  
NAA_Us_Marine

F-15e strike eagle released!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 22 2002,21:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 23 2002,17wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 22 2002,18:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 23 2002,15:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Nov. 22 2002,17:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">after a quick play ive noticed a couple of things, firstly the outside model is amazing, looks really good, great job! the interior could use some work, maybe adding more dials, making it a little better looking, its the only thing letting it down looks wise, i tried out the laser guided bomb but couldnt get them to target, i used both an oh-58 and a blackop with laser, i couldnt see any of the targets, are you sure you added "laserscanner=1;"(or similar) to the cpp? the nuke seems pretty useless, ive tried lots of things to try to survive when it goes off, either going really high or going really fast to get away (using set velocity) and every time it killed me, and also as ran said, they could use some toning down, the agm was flipping me when i was 200m above it and a few hundred metres away, could you also make the mk-82's auto fire, so that we can release 5-10 bombs in one go instead of forever clicking, people could still release individual bombs by using left click and autofire with ctrl<span id='postcolor'>

NAA_Us_Marine,

I agree with just about everything Mr. E says above, though to be honest, I never got as far as trying weapons release. In common with most of the aircraft released for OFP, a hellish amount of altitude is lost in turning.

As far as dropping ordinance goes, how does it sound to have differing quantities available for release in the menu? As an ex- Jane's F-15 player, I would suggest sticks of one, two and four available?<span id='postcolor'>

Don't you just love it when people can't be bothered to read the entire thread before replying smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I did. If Janes is anything like realistic, autofiring bombs isn't. Pre-programmed sticks are.

Next?<span id='postcolor'>

No you didn't, if you had read the thread you would have noticed that the issues addressed by Evis are pointless as this is not the finished product tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Did you read it? Evis's post was made before the admission that the addon was flawed. I merely added that I agreed with his summation, plus pointed out that the Flight model may need looking at, and a suggestion about how the addon could get rid of its ordinance.

Didn't get laid last nite then? tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 23 2002,18:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 22 2002,21:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 23 2002,17wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 22 2002,18:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 23 2002,15:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Nov. 22 2002,17:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">after a quick play ive noticed a couple of things, firstly the outside model is amazing, looks really good, great job! the interior could use some work, maybe adding more dials, making it a little better looking, its the only thing letting it down looks wise, i tried out the laser guided bomb but couldnt get them to target, i used both an oh-58 and a blackop with laser, i couldnt see any of the targets, are you sure you added "laserscanner=1;"(or similar) to the cpp? the nuke seems pretty useless, ive tried lots of things to try to survive when it goes off, either going really high or going really fast to get away (using set velocity) and every time it killed me, and also as ran said, they could use some toning down, the agm was flipping me when i was 200m above it and a few hundred metres away, could you also make the mk-82's auto fire, so that we can release 5-10 bombs in one go instead of forever clicking, people could still release individual bombs by using left click and autofire with ctrl<span id='postcolor'>

NAA_Us_Marine,

I agree with just about everything Mr. E says above, though to be honest, I never got as far as trying weapons release. In common with most of the aircraft released for OFP, a hellish amount of altitude is lost in turning.

As far as dropping ordinance goes, how does it sound to have differing quantities available for release in the menu? As an ex- Jane's F-15 player, I would suggest sticks of one, two and four available?<span id='postcolor'>

Don't you just love it when people can't be bothered to read the entire thread before replying <!--emo&smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I did. If Janes is anything like realistic, autofiring bombs isn't. Pre-programmed sticks are.

No you didn't, if you had read the thread you would have noticed that the issues addressed by Evis are pointless as this is not the finished product tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Did you read it? Evis's post was made before the admission that the addon was flawed. I merely added that I agreed with his summation, plus pointed out that the Flight model may need looking at, and a suggestion about how the addon could get rid of its ordinance.

Didn't get laid last nite then?  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

EXACTLY!!!

And all your points and your agreement with Evis are pointless because its the wrong version!?

CAnt u see it!?!?!??!

biggrin.gif

It's starting to get funny because you keep quoting quotes and quoting quotes quotes and quotes quotes quotes quotes...

tounge.gif

I didn't get any credit in the readme for finding the cockpit textures though...

*COUGH*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 23 2002,20:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 23 2002,18:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 22 2002,21:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 23 2002,17wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 22 2002,18:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 23 2002,15:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Nov. 22 2002,17:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">after a quick play ive noticed a couple of things, firstly the outside model is amazing, looks really good, great job! the interior could use some work, maybe adding more dials, making it a little better looking, its the only thing letting it down looks wise, i tried out the laser guided bomb but couldnt get them to target, i used both an oh-58 and a blackop with laser, i couldnt see any of the targets, are you sure you added "laserscanner=1;"(or similar) to the cpp? the nuke seems pretty useless, ive tried lots of things to try to survive when it goes off, either going really high or going really fast to get away (using set velocity) and every time it killed me, and also as ran said, they could use some toning down, the agm was flipping me when i was 200m above it and a few hundred metres away, could you also make the mk-82's auto fire, so that we can release 5-10 bombs in one go instead of forever clicking, people could still release individual bombs by using left click and autofire with ctrl<span id='postcolor'>

NAA_Us_Marine,

Don't you just love it when people can't be bothered to read the entire thread before replying <!--emo&smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

EXACTLY!!!

And all your points and your agreement with Evis are pointless because its the wrong version!?

CAnt u see it!?!?!??!

biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

*wants to contribute to the longest ever quote and runs away before an admin can beat him*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Nov. 23 2002,21:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 23 2002,20wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 23 2002,18:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 22 2002,21:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 23 2002,17wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 22 2002,18:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 23 2002,15:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Nov. 22 2002,17:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">after a quick play ive noticed a couple of things, firstly the outside model is amazing, looks really good, great job! the interior could use some work, maybe adding more dials, making it a little better looking, its the only thing letting it down looks wise, i tried out the laser guided bomb but couldnt get them to target, i used both an oh-58 and a blackop with laser, i couldnt see any of the targets, are you sure you added "laserscanner=1;"(or similar) to the cpp? the nuke seems pretty useless, ive tried lots of things to try to survive when it goes off, either going really high or going really fast to get away (using set velocity) and every time it killed me, and also as ran said, they could use some toning down, the agm was flipping me when i was 200m above it and a few hundred metres away, could you also make the mk-82's auto fire, so that we can release 5-10 bombs in one go instead of forever clicking, people could still release individual bombs by using left click and autofire with ctrl<span id='postcolor'>

NAA_Us_Marine,

EXACTLY!!!

CAnt u see it!?!?!??!

*wants to contribute to the longest ever quote and runs away before an admin can beat him*<span id='postcolor'>

This is the longest quote so tounge.gif, but i have to add to the argument that it is totally useless tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MaxiKana @ Nov. 23 2002,20:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jamesia @ Nov. 23 2002,21:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 23 2002,20wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 23 2002,18:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 22 2002,21:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 23 2002,17wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 22 2002,18:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 23 2002,15:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Nov. 22 2002,17:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">after a quick play ive noticed a couple of things, firstly the outside model is amazing, looks really good, great job! the interior could use some work, maybe adding more dials, making it a little better looking, its the only thing letting it down looks wise, i tried out the laser guided bomb but couldnt get them to target, i used both an oh-58 and a blackop with laser, i couldnt see any of the targets, are you sure you added "laserscanner=1;"(or similar) to the cpp? the nuke seems pretty useless, ive tried lots of things to try to survive when it goes off, either going really high or going really fast to get away (using set velocity) and every time it killed me, and also as ran said, they could use some toning down, the agm was flipping me when i was 200m above it and a few hundred metres away, could you also make the mk-82's auto fire, so that we can release 5-10 bombs in one go instead of forever clicking, people could still release individual bombs by using left click and autofire with ctrl<span id='postcolor'>

NAA_Us_Marine,

Don't you just love it when people can't be bothered to read the entire thread before replying <!--emo&<!--emo&smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

EXACTLY!!!

CAnt u see it!?!?!??!

*wants to contribute to the longest ever quote and runs away before an admin can beat him*<span id='postcolor'>

This is the longest quote so tounge.gif, but i have to add to the argument that it is totally useless tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes.....

Now this thread is COMPLETELY offtopic I will use all of my physical power into putting it back ontopic.

I like it. But I might wait until I can get broadband or something until I download it.

Why are addons such huge files?

EDIT

If you add to this post, please quote because it is cool. biggrin.gif

wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 23 2002,00wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 23 2002,18:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 22 2002,21:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 23 2002,17wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 22 2002,18:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 23 2002,15:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Nov. 22 2002,17:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">after a quick play ive noticed a couple of things, firstly the outside model is amazing, looks really good, great job! the interior could use some work, maybe adding more dials, making it a little better looking, its the only thing letting it down looks wise, i tried out the laser guided bomb but couldnt get them to target, i used both an oh-58 and a blackop with laser, i couldnt see any of the targets, are you sure you added "laserscanner=1;"(or similar) to the cpp? the nuke seems pretty useless, ive tried lots of things to try to survive when it goes off, either going really high or going really fast to get away (using set velocity) and every time it killed me, and also as ran said, they could use some toning down, the agm was flipping me when i was 200m above it and a few hundred metres away, could you also make the mk-82's auto fire, so that we can release 5-10 bombs in one go instead of forever clicking, people could still release individual bombs by using left click and autofire with ctrl<span id='postcolor'>

NAA_Us_Marine,

EXACTLY!!!

CAnt u see it!?!?!??!

So what happens if they re-release it, and some of those points haven't been adressed?

Let's cut to the nitty-gritty...

wow.gif9--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 23 2002,00wow.gif9)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 23 2002,18:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 22 2002,21:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 23 2002,17wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Nov. 22 2002,18:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Nov. 23 2002,15:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Nov. 22 2002,17:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

<span id='postcolor'>

<span id='postcolor'>

<span id='postcolor'>

<span id='postcolor'>

<span id='postcolor'>

Didn't get laid last nite then? tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

EXACTLY!!!

<span id='postcolor'>

Man, I should work for The Sun biggrin.gif

Lol Wardog there, showing us the truth behind the text.

People are really gunna hate me for spamming. Soz I'll stop now.

Hi guys,

Well a lot of things happened behind the scenes last night. I stayed up until 8:30 am making sure things are ok. But they we'rent just bug that need to be fixed.

The model i uploaded to my stupidity was an old one.

And trying to find the newer one was very hard as im not a scripter... ..marine woke up today..and he went nuts when he found out i released the old version.

I gave SelectThis the file through GunShip cause i dont have him on icq... so he can binarize it..cause marine wasn;t available.  SelectThis then binarized the file, but then we found the newest one.  So yes it was a huge mess... i feel bad that i wasted SelectThis's time..but ihave thanks to him for giving me some of this time. So i told them to delete the files they have. so ppl wont get the wrong one ..or "unfinal" one.

Well since i dont have SelectThis contact..id like to apologise to you for giving me your time on an old file that cant be released. You have been well mentioned in the readme file. Thnx.

Yess the mess is under control now...marine sent me the newst file..and he already fixed all the bugs you guys mentioned..or most of them.

The files that some of you have downloaded..is copyrighted.. So dont give to your friend or distribute in anyone. its a headache for addon makers to spend months on an addon,..and then somene spreads the bad version of it. I have easily spent over 150 hours on it alone. so i would appreciate everyone not to give to anyone so we can still make addons inthe future. After last night..i decided to stop addon making cause of the mess...but today..marine came and solved the problem.

Thankyou for your cooperation and patience. We will submit new links to the latest file. and we will let you know where you can all download it from. smile.gif

Cheers

Thanks deadsoldier, I'll stay tuned smile.gif

Regarding the comments from our young Sun contributor - NO COMMENT wink.giftounge.gif

The longest quote was the conversation with wardog and me on his weapons.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Evening smile.gif

Don't suppose you know anyone with Quake 3? none of the people I know do.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, I think I do, actually.

smile.gif

I'll see if I can get that copy.<span id='postcolor'>

Good. smile.gif I'll get on with the packages then.<span id='postcolor'>

WAIT!! Go check out the new version, it has dxf and 3ds importers (maybe exporters too)! If you can export that way, Itll be no problem to get it into Oxy. However, sometimes I have problems importing textures, so that might be a problem.<span id='postcolor'>

I think I already have it. What version?<span id='postcolor'>

It wouldnt really matter because I checked it out and noticed it does not have an export function. sad.gif  It seems GMAX can only save files in "*.gmax" format.<span id='postcolor'>

You can imagine how I felt when I finally discovered that little gem.<span id='postcolor'>

WAIT a second now!! GMAX Tempest can save in md3 files, and I can open those in Milkshape, and put them into Oxygen! Man, when I discovered that, this is gonna be easy!<span id='postcolor'>

I'm glad you just found that little gem out. Disregard the post you just got, except that the bit about the best way to texture is still valid. At the moment it is broken up into several files, which is a tad bulky. If we could get away with one ortwo large textures, that would be better.<span id='postcolor'>

Okay, I admit it, I'm a sloppy conversationalist.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deadsoldier @ Nov. 23 2002,23:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">After last night..i decided to stop addon making cause of the mess...but today..marine came and solved the problem.<span id='postcolor'>

Please don't stop addon making deadsoldier. confused.gif If your F15 is anything to go by then you are very talented and should certainly not quit just because of a small error regarding the completion of the addon. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deadsoldier @ Nov. 24 2002,00:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi guys,

Well a lot of things happened behind the scenes last night. I stayed up until 8:30 am making sure things are ok. But they we'rent just bug that need to be fixed.

The model i uploaded to my stupidity was an old one.

And trying to find the newer one was very hard as im not a scripter... ..marine woke up today..and he went nuts when he found out i released the old version.

I gave SelectThis the file through GunShip cause i dont have him on icq... so he can binarize it..cause marine wasn;t available.  SelectThis then binarized the file, but then we found the newest one.  So yes it was a huge mess... i feel bad that i wasted SelectThis's time..but ihave thanks to him for giving me some of this time. So i told them to delete the files they have. so ppl wont get the wrong one ..or "unfinal" one.

Well since i dont have SelectThis contact..id like to apologise to you for giving me your time on an old file that cant be released. You have been well mentioned in the readme file. Thnx.

Yess the mess is under control now...marine sent me the newst file..and he already fixed all the bugs you guys mentioned..or most of them.

The files that some of you have downloaded..is copyrighted.. So dont give to your friend or distribute in anyone. its a headache for addon makers to spend months on an addon,..and then somene spreads the bad version of it. I have easily spent over 150 hours on it alone. so i would appreciate everyone not to give to anyone so we can still make addons inthe future. After last night..i decided to stop addon making cause of the mess...but today..marine came and solved the problem.

Thankyou for your cooperation and patience. We will submit new links to the latest file. and we will let you know where you can all download it from. smile.gif

Cheers<span id='postcolor'>

I guess you can blame major fubar for this? wink.gif

lol..what does major fubar has to do with this?

the thing that made me decide to stop making addosn, is that the MOD'ing community has got to a point where they are continusly competing against each other. And a lot of people steal others hard work, like what happend with that artiliary tank a few days ago. and there is nothing u can do about it. And for me, its a big unessecery headache. Its just a very ugly side of addon making. which i dont wanna go through again. From now on, if i make an addon, it will be for my personal use, so ppl wont bitch about things liek it lags more than the mig-29 when my plane is 4000 faces while the mig-29 is 9500 faces... so this was my first OFP addon, and would be my last. The island im making "555" , im gonna stop working on it..cause ive been working on it for more than 8 months..and i dont wanna get a huge disapointment when i release it. I'm looking for ppl who might be interested in taking over the 555 island and finish it.

cheers

DeadSoldier, how about using your OFP talents and skills to make great missions with all those stolen addons out there? biggrin.gif

dont you have to buy copyrights? or go through the courts or something? i dont think you can just say 'this is copyrighted', you can probably still stop people from using your model/textures without your permission but no need to say its a copyright...either way, its a shame to hear youre stopping, its a good model/textures even in the 'old' state, there are some programs that can stop stealing, like binarize, or hiding some kind of identification onto the model then binarizing it, then get someone to verify it with a program that can view ODOL's, it doesnt do much in itself but having convincing evidence and showing a few ofp news websites can do a lot, anyway, i hope you reconsider stopping addon making as munger said, you and marine are very talented

also if anyone was going to host the old version, they probably would have done it by now

well thats very encouraging to bust your ass on an addon Eviscerator biggrin.gif

i guess this is the way it is..things get stolen..we cant do anything about them, all we can do is swallow the losses and go on with life.

cheers

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Nov. 24 2002,06:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">DeadSoldier, how about using your OFP talents and skills to make great missions with all those stolen addons out there? biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

yes ..its a good idea..it has endless possibilities since there are TONS of stolen addons. lol

cheers

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deadsoldier @ Nov. 24 2002,06:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol..what does major fubar has to do with this?

the thing that made me decide to stop making addosn, is that the MOD'ing community has got to a point where they are continusly competing against each other. And a lot of people steal others hard work, like what happend with that artiliary tank a few days ago. and there is nothing u can do about it. And for me, its a big unessecery headache. Its just a very ugly side of addon making. which i  dont wanna go through again. From now on, if i make an addon, it will be for my personal use, so ppl wont bitch about things liek  it lags more than the mig-29 when my plane is 4000 faces while the mig-29 is 9500 faces... so this was my first OFP addon, and would be my last. The island im making "555" , im gonna stop working on it..cause ive been working on it for more than 8 months..and i dont wanna get a huge disapointment when i release it. I'm looking for ppl who might be interested in taking over the 555 island and finish it.

cheers<span id='postcolor'>

Well if you want to get out of the addon making scene then that's your choice, but in truth, addon stealing happens very seldom and those that do it are usually shunned by the OFP community and don't get much respect...nor do their addons get used in many missions...they certainly don't get used in mine. I wanted to use the lastest M109 in one of my missions, but I'm not because of the whole theft business. I will wait for the DKM version to come out.

Also... keep this mind. It'll be a real shame if you put a ton of hard work into making addons for yourself...but then have no one else but a few close friends to see how gifted you are and to enjoy your creations with.

What you should do is simply keep quiet about any addons you are making like Kegetys does. Then ONLY release an addon once you are 100% sure that it's as bug-free as you can make it. Don't be in any major rush. If you don't announce a addon release, then nobody will be rushing you to get it released. It'll be a very pleasant surprise.

But if you still want make addons and just not share them because you don't like a little criticism then that's your choice. But the fact of the matter is that it seems like you're very gifted at doing addons so if the addon works fairly well, I think you will hear WAY more praise then gripes.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles tag,

you know what made me make the F-15E ?? Well i loved the F-14..and me and NAA Us MArine would make those huge missions that lasted 3 hours each..and we would fly the F-14 together in one..and give air and groupd support to other allied tanks and troops fightign on ground. Its a huge misison..took us forever to make it.

So the one whos turn is to sit inthe back seat..it would be boring..cause the back seat inthe F-14 didn;t look exactly like the real one..like canoipy support beams where too far back..and they didn;t give the flare of the back seat. So i said..hey lets make our own plane to fly these misisons..but it will have better weoppons and easier to fly. So here we went and built the F-15. and decided to share since we like it when other share ther emodels with us. And i posted screen shots cause when i see an addon i like..im always checking the post to see new screenshots..so i thought of doing the same.

I dont care about people know how gifted i am. Im a designer..im studying auto design in college now almost done.. i never show off my work too ppl...cause i like to appreciate it the way i want. Its no ones to criticise. I take pride in my work..by my self. I dont need others to make me do my art or designs.

Im not looking for fame in the OFP community...i mean i will never meet any of you guys in my whole life. I just need some friends in my hobby. Cause all of us here appreiciate this hobby on the same level.

Yes we rushed it..it was a mistake...i felt bad cause there were like 4 ppl on icq waiting ..reading books to kill time waiting for us to release it lol.

And i do take critisim..in this thread you willniotce everyone reposrting the bugs...we are happy that they have told us of those bugs..and now we fixed them... i NEED criticism to survive in my major! in my field...in my career..i will need the harshest criticism! cause i would not want to be lied to that my work is good enough when its not! its the first thing they teach us when u get in the major at school.

Well ive learned my lesson...i shoudl have not let those few ppl who just feel good about bashing ang putting down others get to me. I just get angry at these people cause i would never do that to others. Im naive yes....thats why i say its my fault.

cheers

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deadsoldier @ Nov. 24 2002,06:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well ive learned my lesson...i shoudl have not let those few ppl who just feel good about bashing ang putting down others get to me.<span id='postcolor'>

Has anyone bashed you? In this thread I haven't seen anything other than constructive criticism, and you said yourself that you need that to stay good at what you do.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deadsoldier @ Nov. 24 2002,07:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Miles tag,

you know what made me make the F-15E ?? Well i loved the F-14..and me and NAA Us MArine would make those huge missions that lasted 3 hours each..and we would fly the F-14 together in one..and give air and groupd support to other allied tanks and troops fightign on ground. Its a huge misison..took us forever to make it.

So the one whos turn is to sit inthe back seat..it would be boring..cause the back seat inthe F-14  didn;t look exactly like the real one..like canoipy support beams where too far back..and they didn;t give the flare of the back seat. So i said..hey lets make our own plane to fly these misisons..but it will have better weoppons and easier to fly. So here we went and built the F-15. and decided to share since we like it when other share ther emodels with us. And i posted screen shots cause when i see an addon i like..im always checking the post to see new screenshots..so i thought of doing the same.

I dont care about people know how gifted i am. Im a designer..im studying auto design in college now almost done.. i never show off my work too ppl...cause i like to appreciate it the way i want. Its no ones to criticise. I take pride in my work..by my self. I dont need others to make me do my art or designs.

Im not looking for fame in the OFP community...i mean i will never meet any of you guys in my whole life. I just need some friends in my hobby. Cause all of us here appreiciate this hobby on the same level.

Yes we rushed it..it was a mistake...i felt bad cause there were like 4 ppl on icq waiting ..reading books to kill time waiting for us to release it lol.

And i do take critisim..in this thread you willniotce everyone reposrting the bugs...we are happy that they have told us of those bugs..and now we fixed them... i NEED criticism to survive in my major! in my field...in my career..i will need the harshest criticism! cause i would not want to be lied to that my work is good enough when its not! its the first thing they teach us when u get in the major at school.

Well ive learned my lesson...i shoudl have not let those few ppl who just feel good about bashing ang putting down others get to me. I just get angry at these people cause i would never do that to others. Im naive yes....thats why i say its my fault.

cheers<span id='postcolor'>

Fair enough. But still it's very disappointing that you will not share future addons. sad.gif I hope that at least you might perhaps help out on other addon projects maybe?

For example on that F14... would it not be possible to fix the F14 up so it looks like how you want it?

That MOD group that makes the F14 also needs to seriously work on the nose of their C17. Their C17 is pretty damn good except for the exterior nose section which just looks horrible.

There are lots of little (or not so little) things like that which many MOD teams could use some help on.

Anyways I hope that you'll continue to participate in the MODing community in some capacity. Best of luck on your studies also! Sounds like a very interesting career field.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>