Hello and Welcome Arma Community to the Malden Defence Forces Mod.

Malden Defense Forces

Malden Defence Forces is a Faction modification for Arma 3. This project will attempt to add a realistic armed force to protect the island of Malden realised in the free DLC; Malden 2035. Alex and I plan for this to be our first co-production to allow us both to improve our skill set. Malden Defence Force, AKA MDF, will be a strong military force able to defend itself and the islands within its maritime borders.
The MDF will have a Maritime Guard, an Army and an Air Force. With our first release slated to come out just before or a short time after the release of Malden 2035 DLC it will only include simple stand in representations and a custom camouflage and branch. Follow on updates will include the fleshing out of each branch of the military and special operations units for each branch. This will include new weapons made by Zeealex and possibility of new vehicles as well.

After the conflict on Malden between the Soviet separatists and the American Forces subsided 1985 leaving Malden in an impoverished and diminished state. The elected officials deemed it necessary for the country to have a standing Defense Force to avoid the events of the flash-point conflict of 1985 repeating themselves. As the nation expanded its economic power through its resources like fish and creation of luxury goods such as wine. The military grew with it to allow for proper protection of its newly exploited assets. This led to several arms companies to get involved including Robertsen Waffenfabarik GmbH Limited which actively pushed forward weapons development projects for the Malden Defence forces, which included it first mass produced weapon system, the CWS68, entering into mass production in 2022 and issued to troops of the Malden Army in the following year.  

Development

Note: The staged release is subject to change as the project progresses

Stage 1.
-Initial Proof of Concept 
[COMPLETE!!!]

- Creation of Faction with light role Infantry and Reconnaissance units. [Complete]

- Creation of a unique woodland camouflage suited for Malden's climate using images from Malden's terrain. [Complete]

- Creating suitable stand in equipment for the units mentioned above to be replaced later with unique equipment. [Complete]

Stage 2.
-Fleshing Out

- Development of the CWS68 primary service rifle based off of the MR-C Prototyped by Crye Associates will begin  immediately following stage 1 release [In Process]

- Creating suitable stand in vehicles for units mentioned above to be replaced later with unique vehicles. [In Process]

- Configuring Squads and Branches within the MDF and making it Zeus-compatible. [In Process]

- Creation of a Malden National Flag as well as an MDF flag to replace stand in. [Complete]

Stage 3.
- Further expansion of equipment and weaponry

- Hopeful completion of CWS68 and implementation into the current MDF units. [In Process]

- Development of unique body armour, helmets and other unique equipment for staged release upon completion for Units mentioned above. [In Process]

- Development of secondary and tertiary camo patterns for the MDF including a Marine or maritime Camo and a Deployment Camo with matching equipment for each. [In Process]

Media for your viewing pleasure...

Spoiler

20170623221627_1.jpg

20170623222653_1.jpg20170623223512_1.jpg20170623224601_1.jpg?width=1090&height=620170623225409_1.jpg

• Like 6

Announcments

08/08/2017: Stage One Release

Stage One Release is today!

Its with great pride that we release what our stage one mod. It took us a bit longer that we would have like as the config was giving us a hard time. However it is done and ready for its time in the spot light.

Config completed by R0adki11

Loadouts completed by Pilgrim

Camo pattern MALCAM Completed by Zeealex

Re-textures Completed by ZeeAlex and Pilgrim

Download Link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/264082010820050954/342836361327280150/MDF.rar

Enjoy you beautiful bastards

With love,

MDF mod Team

MDF_1.png

(Also Thanks to DireOne for this sick new logo!)

• Like 10

Looks nice, but just a suggestion: it looks like an AAF uniform, a bit more of a plain texture may save the situation! :)

7 hours ago, Igor Nikolaev said:

Looks nice, but just a suggestion: it looks like an AAF uniform, a bit more of a plain texture may save the situation! :)

Although they are the re-textures of the AAF uniform, the long term goal is to have our own unique body armour, helmets and other unique equipment. Which is the goal of Stage 3. 

• Like 3

Congrats guys and gals, looking forward to those future goodies further down the line.....by the way, your certainly one kinky dev team! 

• Like 2

On 09/08/2017 at 11:48 AM, Evil Organ said:

Congrats guys and gals, looking forward to those future goodies further down the line.....by the way, your certainly one kinky dev team! 

Thanks Evil Organ for your support!

• Like 1

Hello Supporters and MDF members,

I'll be pulling my support of this mod, I apologise for my sudden departure however with the lack of outside support for the mod and the suggestion of someone very dear to me I am pulling out my support to this mod and moving on to some personal projects.

To the remaining members of this group and those that support the groups material that has been developed (By #ZeeAlex ) Please continue on without me and continue development for Arma 3. Unique projects and dynamics between people and mods is something that the Bohemia Interactive needs in its games. They use these mods to develop their IP even further. So please support people like RoadKill and ZeeAlex positively to allow them to develop their skills and improve themselves even further than they are currently.

Enjoy every day you beautiful bastards

With love,

~Pilgrim

• Like 1
  • Sad 1