nacrogamers

Help to find a good Texture Program

Hello, I just started creating a mod on Arma  3, I wanted to know from someone more experienced what program to use to create the textures. thank you.

most of us in RHS, including myself, use a mix of substance painter and photoshop

I think you'll find most people dealing with textures in any area of CG, use a combination of programs. As Pufu mentioned, substance painter and photoshop are very popular. Especially in relation to games/modding. 

Gimp is a very good alternative to photoshop. Blender can handle painting directly onto a model. But it's very limited in terms of features when compared to something like substance.

We (3CB) mostly use Substance Painter and Photoshop / GIMP / Paint.net.

Hi, I use Quixel Suite, it's a easy program to learn and it's Photoshop based so it's easy to learn if you already have some experience with image editing.

Substance Paint is a good option too, you have to see with one will be best for you.

If you have any question you can contact me =)

Cheers =D

On 30/7/2017 at 0:22 AM, PuFu said:

most of us in RHS, including myself, use a mix of substance painter and photoshop

Thank you, I've already tried substance painter and quixel suite. But with both of them I can only create HD texture of objects, while the buildings are bad if you can help me. sorry for my English

Hi Folks,

I won't pay subscriptions - Paint Shop Pro has served me well for more than a decade and does Vector...

Regards,

Scott