Sign in to follow this  
robp1

What happened to m16 cyclic rate?

What happened to the cyclic rate of fire for the M16A2?  Since I added OFP:Resistance and the latest patches, I noticed that the rate of fire in 3-round burst mode has slowed WAY down.  I can fire just as fast in semi-auto mode.

Cyclic rate should be 700-950 rpm.  Has anybody out there made a fix for this?

RP

confused.gif

umm..... yes.......... I was wandering that too. What happened to this?

Yeah, this always botehred me. One of the things Iliked about the M16 from earlier versions was the "ratatatat" burst... Now it has about the same firing rate as an AK47... one of the plusses of an M16 is, in fact, the super high fire rate so all of your bullets go in the same general vicinity.... Of course, it might just be the sound, but I dunno...

In the Config.bin they have the same value as the AK47 in reload time which I think determines how fast it fires.

Is there a way to put the old M16A2 back into Resistance? The original OFP one was just fine - the new "improved" one sucks...

Actually, the AK's cyclic rate has been toned down too. Makes full auto a pain in the ass because the recoil is just as bad, but you are spitting out less bullets

Yeah, kinda irks me too. If anyone has actually seen a real m16 fire you know right away it fires way faster than that.

Yeah, the firing rate has taken a dive in recent patches, along with other things that used to be fine. Missions in the original campain that were at night, now happen at dawn or dusk. The timing has been screwed with.

Also, the positions of buildings and terrain have changed. MG positions and buildings that used to be fine in old versions have been moved in newer versions. An MG post in the 'Interdiction' mission in the 1985 campaign used to look over a hill to the ground below, now it is on a reverse slope looking upwards, making it useless.

Anyways, I had my C7 fire really slowly (like in OFP) on automatic once, only to speed up with the last rounds in the mag. Only happened once though.

Tyler

I think BIS has changed it to make it more difficult and/or take out a bit of efficiency.

They better should have left cyclic rate like it was and rise recoil to make it more realistic and more difficult to use.

This way its only less efficient but also less realistic.

The original M16? If you were here from the beginning (and not a yank) you will remember there was a terrible bug where the M16 fired standing burst innacuracy even when prone.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They better should have left cyclic rate like it was and rise recoil to make it more realistic and more difficult to use.<span id='postcolor'>

No shit, my dear Watson

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kermit @ Dec. 19 2002,12:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They better should have left cyclic rate like it was and rise recoil to make it more realistic and more difficult to use.<span id='postcolor'>

No shit, my dear Watson<span id='postcolor'>

Whaddayamean?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acecube @ Dec. 19 2002,21:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kermit @ Dec. 19 2002,12wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They better should have left cyclic rate like it was and rise recoil to make it more realistic and more difficult to use.<span id='postcolor'>

No shit, my dear Watson<span id='postcolor'>

Whaddayamean?<span id='postcolor'>

Easy, Killer xmas.gif

I meant that what he said should have been obvious to Bohemia Interactive Studios, but they sacrificed both realism and playability for...what?

The "my dear Watson" bit, in case some people from other countries don't know about it, is from Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Doyle. The "no shit" part is a little creativity on my part (how intellectual, huh?). The reason for my high Christmas spirits (sarcasm) is that I am getting more and more disappointed in Bohemia Interactive Studios with each new patch and update.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kermit @ Dec. 20 2002,08:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I meant that what he said should have been obvious to Bohemia Interactive Studios, but they sacrificed both realism and playability for...what?

The "my dear Watson" bit, in case some people from other countries don't know about it, is from Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Doyle.  The "no shit" part is a little creativity on my part (how intellectual, huh?).  The reason for my high Christmas spirits (sarcasm) is that I am getting more and more disappointed in Bohemia Interactive Studios with each new patch and update.<span id='postcolor'>

@Kermit

That's Ok. I just got it wrong and I was wondering cuz we usually have very similar ideas about realism in OFP as i've read in other threads.

Sure I know Sherlock and Watson. Sherlock is the one with the huge eye behind that magnifiying glass, isnee!? ;-)

Shoot straight!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Kermit @ Dec. 20 2002,14:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The reason for my high Christmas spirits (sarcasm) is that I am getting more and more disappointed in Bohemia Interactive Studios with each new patch and update.<span id='postcolor'>

I hear ye kermit. I too am sick and tired of having BIS release a patch that supposedly fixes bugs only to introduce more serious bugs, which in turn requires another bug ridden patch.

WHY CAN'T THESE PEOPLE BETA TEST? I mean, most of the bugs are so obvious they stand out immediately. Like the bridges not matching the roads in 1.90. BIS obviously ships patches without testing, but if they had have tested in the first place we might not need so many patches mad.gif .

It's really starting to get on my nerves. It took them until 1.46 to get it right with OFP:CWC, I'm gonna be pissed if I have to wait that long for a decent Resistance.

Anyway, enough ranting from me.

Cheers xmas.gif

Mr B

BIS write the patches, but they don't test them.

Codemasters is responsible for testing. If you have any problems regarding QA, I recommend you contact Codemasters xmas.gif