Sign in to follow this  
Eviscerator

Some random star wars addons...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hudson @ July 18 2002,07:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (xmurderx @ July 17 2002,19:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hudson @ July 17 2002,23<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I really dont see why you would go wasting your time and someones harddrive space with this crap. Go buy yourself a nintendo and play star wars, this crap dosent even look right in  OFP. I know it will never see itsself onto my comp, Star Wars and Stargate MODS are rediculous wastes of time in my opinion...<span id='postcolor'>

crap to you is treasure to another, none of your time is being wasted, maybe looking at it, but thats about it. like the huey, who cares about it? I sure dont, Iam sure alot of other people do, but I dont, but you dont see me complaning about it. and how about all these planes? ofp isnt a flight simulator, buy a real flight simulator for godsake.<span id='postcolor'>

You are so wrong. OFP is a FPS/Tank Sim/Flight Sim.<span id='postcolor'>

yes it is, to an extent. where are the chaffs? where are the afterburners on jets? why are there no gunners in the planes? why cant I have both atg and ata missles? if planes were so important in the game why are there only 2 offical ones?

My guess would be they felt that they were either to time consuming to model with all the animations (flaps/gear all those goodies) or that they were just to powerful overall for the game.

I say go for it with adding the addons. My oppinion is the more addons availible the more people will play. So it wont hurt with new addons.

If you dont like dont download. Its simple.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Magno @ July 18 2002,09:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I say go for it with adding the addons. My oppinion is the more addons availible the more people will play. So it wont hurt with new addons.

If you dont like dont download. Its simple.<span id='postcolor'>

Thank you for pointing something out.... What would happen if someone made a Mod for OFP about CS or CS-like? Guess what our community would be flooded with? yep CSers and it goes for every other mod you guys are going to make you going to be bringing people in from other gameing communitys that dont give a flying F*** about the orignal OFP but some new mod that probley better then the orignal game they play.

Then is splurges mod makers from That Game Type will start makeing tons of addons for the mod you made for OFP.

I am going off to make a MOD about Street Fighter 2 wink.gif

If you make them and release them, I would download it smile.gif

I'm always messing about with funny and different addons in the editor.

If someone finally wants to do the Star wars mod i believe he will make a good decission.

To all those who think themselves as army freaks and don´t want this mod go to another thread and let ppl with original ideas express them and other ppl interested in those help them.

Oh! and if by a remote reeason this community gets invaded by CS fans because some guy does a Cs mod (which i doubt) then Placebo and denoir will ban them all...So no problem.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mora2 @ July 18 2002,17:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh! and if by a remote reeason this community gets invaded by CS fans because some guy does a Cs mod (which i doubt) then Placebo and denoir will ban them all...So no problem.<span id='postcolor'>

Bring em on I say biggrin.gif

What do you guys think about a HALO mod?

Capt Moore

sounds cool its a infantry simulator but with a few extra's so i think it would work well, i played it for the first time the other day it was cool but those tanks were severely under armoured sad.gif

A Star Wars mod is already underway, but why not just put a few addons out there? No harm in that. At-Ats would rock!

I'd love to see a Night of the Living Dead addon the most, though.

I don't know if you guys know but I do not think there is animation in OFp to get an ATAT walker or Scout walker to even move.

you could get the turrent to spin and the guns to move.. but the legs will not more properly if at all.

The only wlaking animation is based on a human being and that would look funny having an ATAT walker doing that.

What if its class were set as a tank and you set the legs to be the treads and animated it from there.

Love to see what ever you can put out to the community Eviscerator. Really like the AT-ST and I would love to play around with some of those other future/Fantisy weps and vehicles. Just keep up the good work.

Cant u create your own animation for opflash, not saying u have to but i was just wondering.

nope you cant, ill come to the walker when ive finished the rest of the stuff ive already coded the flying thing, this is when i get a break as i have a lot of other 'proper' addons im doing atm

OMG that just plain sucks, how is operationflashpoint supposed to expand when bis holds mods back.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rhubarbman @ July 19 2002,02:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OMG that just plain sucks, how is operationflashpoint supposed to expand when bis holds mods back.<span id='postcolor'>

You haven't been around much, have you?

Any other games developer in the last 3 years has put out a game and supported it for about a month maybe.

Exceptions are NOT the rule - in fact, you can count the exceptions with the fingers on your hand. Valve is still supporting Half Life after what, 3 years now? And BIS is supporting OFP after a good year and there is no end in sight. BIS was curtious enough to provide their tools to the editing community - the tools with which they made OFP. These tools are worth thousands of pounds, and they gave them away for nothing. Consider that. Heck, they weren't even forced to release them, it was up to them, but they chose to release them - I think the community should be grateful, rather than nagging.

Hey if your going to support a Game then do it right, u dont give a mod team tools then say, but u cant do this, this and this with them, and those features being vital to creating new features to a game.

i agree bis are by far the best games developers ive seen so far in the way of supporting the community, just look how often suma is here helping people out with their problems and he's a main coder, not someone hired to do just this

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ July 19 2002,02:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rhubarbman @ July 19 2002,02:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OMG that just plain sucks, how is operationflashpoint supposed to expand when bis holds mods back.<span id='postcolor'>

You haven't been around much, have you?

Any other games developer in the last 3 years has put out a game and supported it for about a month maybe.

Exceptions are NOT the rule - in fact, you can count the exceptions with the fingers on your hand. Valve is still supporting Half Life after what, 3 years now? And BIS is supporting OFP after a good year and there is no end in sight. BIS was curtious enough to provide their tools to the editing community - the tools with which they made OFP. These tools are worth thousands of pounds, and they gave them away for nothing. Consider that. Heck, they weren't even forced to release them, it was up to them, but they chose to release them - I think the community should be grateful, rather than nagging.<span id='postcolor'>

Here here, I've been around since the beginning. Since when it didnt look like any addons would ever be available at all. Dont whine, be happy with what we have so far. I am still having fun with kegetsys AGS-17 grenade launcher. No matter what BIS releases some people whill still whine for more. F*** that. BiS have done more then they were obliged too.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rhubarbman @ July 19 2002,02:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey if your going to support a Game then do it right, u dont give a mod team tools then say, but u cant do this, this and this with them, and those features being vital to creating new features to a game.<span id='postcolor'>

BIS never said that the mod-people are not allowed to do certain things. Its just that the programs released so far (just to re-iterate: the very expensive and probably groundbreaking programs) do not support the adding of new animations, maybe another program is needed. If BIS wants to release it fine, if not, fine again, I'm more than happy with just the mission editor, everything else is the glacing on top of the cake.

omg little u know, i have been around here alot longer than u think, o and BTW i was just expressing how its sucks that u give Mod teams a tool that allows them to import models into opflash but no tool to allow them to create custom animations.