Sign in to follow this  
AMDOpteron

Laser quest tips and techniques

I am going to the LaserQuest next friday with my school's music council. I been to the army before fired real guns and knows most of the hand signals and tactics.

So how is the gun like in LQ, how accurate/crap is it? Must the laser hit the sensor in order to score or it works by infrared. My friend tells me it works by IR so when u are further from the target, the IR beam will spread and easier to score.

What are some of the techniques and tips for first time player cos I want to KICK ASS there.

I am in Canada BTW.

All righty...

Laser Tag can be really infuriating if you are expecting accuracy or fair play. One of the top tactics is to lossen your vest, lean out and leave the vest pinned between your body and the wall. In this way you can fire with absolute impunity. VERY cheap..but a lot of people do it.

If you are playing against friends, it is ok, but playing against others... well, the one and only time I played I came VERY close to punching a guy out for his sheer idiocy. biggrin.gif

wow.gif7--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AMDOpteron @ Nov. 16 2002,02wow.gif7)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I am going to the LaserQuest next friday with my school's music council. I been to the army before fired real guns and knows most of the hand signals and tactics.

So how is the gun like in LQ, how accurate/crap is it? Must the laser hit the sensor in order to score or it works by infrared. My friend tells me it works by IR so when u are further from the target, the IR beam will spread and easier to score.

What are some of the techniques and tips for first time player cos I want to KICK ASS there.

I am in Canada BTW.<span id='postcolor'>

Man, you're gonna get ripped off tounge.gif. Been to LazerQuest once before, hated it, never going back. They don't let you run, jump, crawl, ect. Everyone's walking around triying to cover up their "targets" on the vest, and weaving back and forth when you shoot them so you cant hit the targets. just like playing a game of  CS with 1337 d00dz in real life tounge.gif

I highly recommend you check out Delerium Tagball if you're around Ottawa or Quebec city. Modified paintball guns shooting rubber balls, you can run jump, do cartwheels if you so desire tounge.gif. The people who play there are great but beware if you plan on cheating (not dying when you get hit, ect). The punishment is usually either to be hunted down by everyone else without your gun, till THEY decide you've had enough and are dead, or a single 150fps shot to the ass from 10 feet from the ref...generally depends on how nice the ref is feeling that night. The price is $35 your first time for 2 hours (compared to what, $7 for 20 mins al Lazerquest?) and you get a free membership, meaning the price from then on is $30, and you get a free 2 hour game on your birthday.

WTF?? NO running jumping or CRAWLING? U WALK??!

And how does loosening ur vest help?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AMDOpteron @ Nov. 16 2002,02:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">WTF?? NO running jumping or CRAWLING? U WALK??!

And how does loosening ur vest help?<span id='postcolor'>

You don't loosen your vest, but if you do your best to cover up the targets with your arms, ect, you're impossible to score on. There goes all the fun. And yep, the one I went to here in Ottawa, they don't let you crawl, jump or run. Apparently those guns and vests are pretty expensive.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AMDOpteron @ Nov. 16 2002,02:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can u see the laser?<span id='postcolor'>

depends wether they have the fog machines on. in the fog you can see the beam. Otherwise, not really. But everyone's walking around like a goddamn christmas tree in those lit-up vests

OMFG and the VEST is lit? how the heck are u suppose to use tactics here? even navy seals get their ass kicked in dark room lit vest.

SHould I use the aluminium foil trick or use the REAL army style, hit the enemy with the butt of the gun?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AMDOpteron @ Nov. 16 2002,07:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">SHould I use the aluminium foil trick or use the REAL army style, hit the enemy with the butt of the gun?<span id='postcolor'>

LOL

I don't think that would set off the vest, lol.

If you're up for some REAL fun. Play paintball. There are a lot of different names for it, but I know it by paintball.

Anyway, aside from ballistics and, well, NOT dying, it's pretty much like a real battle. People can use grenades, even sniper rifles if you have the money.

Personally, I think it's much more fun to play outside and with a more realistic objective.

And I love telling this story too:

It was just before high school graduation so my friends and I decided to do something together. We invited the whole graduating class (only 9 people, small private school) and a few other people, but only 5 (including me) showed up. So we went to the paintball place (fireball mountain, New Jersey), paid our dues, and got our guns.

On the first round, 2 of the guns jammed, so they were out, then everyone on our team except me and Jose (want's to be a Marine sniper, he's made for this stuff) are left huddled together behind some firewood. I see this big guy running from cover to cover towards us. So I start to shoot at him. I haven't played paintball in a while, so I had to keep adjusting for ballistics and wind and crap. Anyway, he hides behind some wood like us. I keep shooting at him, thinking he's about to start shooting at me. Eventually he holds his gun up, so I stop shooting.

"I got one! I got one!" i'm thinking to myself. Better than that, he stands up and reveals to me where he got hit. Right between the eyes! biggrin.gif

It looked beautiful too. A perfect orange splatter directly between his eyes.

I couldn't of been happier. biggrin.gif

Speaking of laser tag, anyone know of some places to play laser tag around teh Chicago area? That's in Illinois USA you damn Euros tounge.gif

Blah, I got some funny stories of paintball

Ok at the place I play at there is a course with a creek on the side, and there are 2 spools,one for each team. So anyways I look up and see the enemy at the spool looking towards the field, so I decide to crawl through the creek bed. I get to aobut where I think he is, pop up and yell SURRENDER. He starts to turn towards me so I lob off 3 quick rounds. First one hits to the left of his balls, second one right above them, third to the right. He called me a son of a bitch and then left after I had to hold my gun towards his face tounge.gif

Screw paintball, lasertag, and play airsoft for some realistic fun! Pros of airsoft:

-doesn't hurt as much as paintball, if your not willing to get a bunch of bruises

-realistic looking guns

-dont need any protection besides jacket and soemthing for your eyes

I have never been airsofting, im too young, but from the looks of it and ppl ive talked to it is by far better than any other shooting game (rl i mean), only con is the guns are a bit expensive if yer looking at the electric automatic guns.

wtf?  "AIRSOFT IS BETTER THEN PAINTBALL! although I've never been airsofting......"

How gay, dont dis (or praise) what you havent tried.  Airsoft is for pussies

I dont know, my paintball gun (a stingray II) was innacurate as hell, with its stubby little barrel and tendency to make ammo explode.

I'd really like to play airsoft someday, if given the chance. Just to compare the two. Is it even legal in the US though? I've never heard of anyone playing it here. confused.gif

I said from ppl ive talked to, videos i watched, photos ive seen, plus i own an airsoft gun, Ive also been paintballing, ill do paintballing until im 18, thats when I can play airsoft. From what i can tell, you havent talked to anyone who's played airsoft or even know a bit about it, you've just read my post and judged from that. Also dont be an asshole, airsoft is not for pussies, and how the fuck can a statement be gay (lol)! I like paintball but airsoft looks much better! THAT IS ALL I SAID!  mad.gif

Also, airsoft is very legal in the US and Canada, there are many sites you can see, I also have an AK47 with a folding stock, and its much funner to shoot than my pb gun.

Look at http://www.airsoftzone.com for details about guns and other stuff.

There are a few laws about airsoft regarding velocity, but thats about it. BTW, does anyone know about that minigun at the top right hand side on airsoftzone, and is it a bb gun? I can just imagine pelting sum1 with that, man that would rule!

Uggh.

If I keep looking at these guns I'm going to go out and spend way too much money on these things.

I don't even know if there are places to play around Kansas.

AHHH!!!  screw the minigun!

m60.jpg

*goes into convulsions*

edit - you can find more info on that mini gun here (http://www.discountairsoft.com/shop/itemvulcan.html) just look for it's picture some.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Nov. 16 2002,03:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's in Illinois USA you damn Euros   tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

OK cowboy. i always thought it's only 5 km away from Shutshinsk in Kasachstan. wow.giftounge.gif

The good thing about lasertag is theres usually more of them than paintball or airsoft and they usually have a rack of arcade machines in the lobby.

I played 2 kinds of laser tag one where it was straight deathmatch where u got a vest and a pistol that fired either single shot, or full auto for a period of time then u need to let it recharge.

The hit sensors were on the vest(back and front) so it u held the gun the right way u were harder to hit.

The other one i went to u were split into 2 teams and u had a base and recharge baseand the objective was to shoot the enemy base.If u got hit ur gun was disabled or a few seconds and if ur lives( i think u got 5) ran out u had to go to recharge base to top them up again.

The hit sensors were on ur vest but also on the gun making it more difficult to be cheaty though ive always wonder if u could deflect the laser off a small mirror and kill someone with their own shot tounge.gif

That was ages ago so i think they`ll be more interesting ways of playing now also some places gave u a printout of ur performance,think of something lik statsme on some CS servers smile.gif

When I was younger, you would push the person down to the ground and just keep pointing the gun on their vest and you would get easy points. Or if there are any younger girls who just run like rabbits slowly, you can always just follow them and get easy points.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (wodnerduck @ Nov. 17 2002,07:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">run like rabbits slowly<span id='postcolor'>

A 3 legged rabbit?

biggrin.gif

My .02

Lasertag sucks. It's for kids. Stay away from it.

Airsoft is ok. It offers realistic guns but it lacks range. Sure you can do more accurate CQB type missions, but it's not that open. Also, the penalty system isn't that great. (IE in paintball you don't want to get hit) Though being hit with a high power spring loaded sniper rifle isn't fun from 10 feet.

Paintball is great. Much more expansive, can do CQB and so on. You know when your hit. I feel it's much more immersive than airsoft.

The best though is getting a group of buddies together. Getting a bunch of red ryder bb guns, and playing CTF, and such.

There is no going back from paintball skirmish. Lasers were good when i was in primary school, but i have seen the light. Happy fragging wink.gif

I just want to give airsoft a try.

I liked paintball, except for the guns. They just looked dumb to me.

A while ago I was asking around for realistic looking paintball guns, and I got discouraged and stopped looking.

Now that I can have a full size MP5 and do generally the same thing as paintball, I'm hooked.

Still have to talk myself into buying one though.

is there an airsoft UK website so i can find any locations in UK? in any.

never mind i fount one close to me at Sherwood Forest.

it's Trench system, crevis's and ravines (30 acres)