Sign in to follow this  
RaptoR-Swe

Corpse = lag?

hi.... i would like to report a bug..

its the corps!   there are just to many... this corps bug leads to: lag.  and CPU chop...    if u know what i mean.... the gmae start buy floving perfectly at the start as it should do.. but after 10min when lot of corps are out there... its beginging to chop at my 2ghz p4 with a gf4 ti4600...   and it starts to lag couse the server cant handle it to...  plz !   try to do somthing about this.. then u will se some fine results! trust me!

and dont get me wrong... i love this game.  but cmon... u shouldent need a 2.5ghz pc for handling 20min on a small foggy map..

and even at the end of the small maps.. its almost unplayble..   with the lag and the CPU chopp... so plz BIS if u find this in interest plz fix it...  it shouldent be such a prob is it?

plz fix this and we will se much more playing out there hopefully...  couse i cant handle it anymore...  

hope u find time to fix this.. it will solve alot of things i guess....

oh and BIS   plz try to make time of playing on the most servers out there... then u will also se the problem.. i recomend the maps TCZ 2-20 St Pierr and [sAS] Urban 2-24

then u will see the prob in ur own eyes hopefully..  i personaly dont need no cool weapon.. i need thoose easy fixed bugs.. liek the corps thing

and one more thing... im sorry if its my settings that are the problem... but the servers i play on is the 1.88 version.. and the corps should get fixed hopefully..    

one more tip.. try to use the numbers of corps on the 1.75 version.. it was quite good.. or lower that number to make it very good...

ty BIS for letting time to read this pos... goodbye...

oh and sry for the spelling errors.. my english could be a lot better

//[MOM]RaptoR

Never had any problems like that here. The only time it would have been a problem is with Stoner's king of the hill map. Hundreds of dead bodies on that cuase 30 people were all in a DM on top of Kolegujev mountain. But he was smart enough to get a script that moves the position of the dead bodies.

It's not BIS's fault for leaving dead bodies. It adds some realism. OFP Should be played on a larger scale map style, but when it's not, it's up to the map maker to take care of the problem.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RaptoR-Swe @ Nov. 15 2002,15:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">hi.... i would like to report a bug..

its the corps!   there are just to many... this corps bug leads to: lag.  and CPU chop...    if u know what i mean.... the gmae start buy floving perfectly at the start as it should do.. but after 10min when lot of corps are out there... its beginging to chop at my 2ghz p4 with a gf4 ti4600...   and it starts to lag couse the server cant handle it to...  plz !   try to do somthing about this.. then u will se some fine results! trust me!

and dont get me wrong... i love this game.  but cmon... u shouldent need a 2.5ghz pc for handling 20min on a small foggy map..

and even at the end of the small maps.. its almost unplayble..   with the lag and the CPU chopp... so plz BIS if u find this in interest plz fix it...  it shouldent be such a prob is it?

plz fix this and we will se much more playing out there hopefully...  couse i cant handle it anymore...  

hope u find time to fix this.. it will solve alot of things i guess....

oh and BIS   plz try to make time of playing on the most servers out there... then u will also se the problem.. i recomend the maps TCZ 2-20 St Pierr and [sAS] Urban 2-24

then u will see the prob in ur own eyes hopefully..  i personaly dont need no cool weapon.. i need thoose easy fixed bugs.. liek the corps thing

and one more thing... im sorry if its my settings that are the problem... but the servers i play on is the 1.88 version.. and the corps should get fixed hopefully..    

one more tip.. try to use the numbers of corps on the 1.75 version.. it was quite good.. or lower that number to make it very good...

ty BIS for letting time to read this pos... goodbye...

oh and sry for the spelling errors.. my english could be a lot better

//[MOM]RaptoR<span id='postcolor'>

hmmmmm.... ive noticed exactly the opposite. What i mean is that i use more porcessor power when there is more people and when those ppl die my system runs smoother (only on like 50 ppl + or something anything below is fine on my system)

And when you think about it dead corpses shouldnt lag... theyre just DEAD and not moving... right???

Anyway, if this is a crazy problem that ive never actually had.... plz fix it tounge.gif

The dead bodies shouldn't be causing lag, but they will take up some memory. I had posted a question a while back in the Mission Editing room (here)asking if anyone knew if there was a way to set a timer on dead bodies such that they would disappear after 'x' seconds or minutes. Never got a answer, and got no comments from BIS, so I guess there isn't a way.....but there SHOULD be!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cloney @ Nov. 16 2002,02:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What is 'corps'?<span id='postcolor'>

I wondered the same thing when I read the topic title...he means corpse...dead bodies.

At first I thought it was something about the Marine Corps tounge.gif

hehe... but still yes its cousing lags... u know why... the corps(dead bodies wink.gif ) they are cousing heavily CPU chop... u know what i mean... its causing my 2ghz to chop incredible on a small foggy map.

so that means that more cpu handeling.. could be to more for the server to handle.. so taht couses lag due to the server is kinda "out" of the game... correct me if im wrong...

if not.. plz explai how to fix this corps value of my own game.. to set a different timer of them or somehtring.. plz.. or just come ou with a patch fast.. couse this has been a huge problem to me.. realy huge..

u all know st pierr right.. my pc cant handle a 6vs6 game on it.. (my pc: 2ghz p4 gf4 ti4600 512ddram) u shouldent think that will handle 10-15min of st pierr? before it starts to chop like crazy--->heavily lag for me

in the begining of the map it flotes like a dream.. as it should be... (like in the 1.75 it floated like a dream also)

thx for taking time to read all this..

//[MOM]RaptoR

Thread title had me wondering too, I've altered it for accuracy smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Nov. 16 2002,03:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cloney @ Nov. 16 2002,02:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What is 'corps'?<span id='postcolor'>

I wondered the same thing when I read the topic title...he means corpse...dead bodies.

At first I thought it was something about the Marine Corps  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

first one, then the other... tounge.gif

plz BIS.. i´ve just came back from a game of st pierr... and belive me it lags due to the corps... plz BIS oh plz! would u make the corps go away alot faster!

it will solve much probs believe me !... it wouldent take so much time for u BIS gamers also wink.gif (i guess, correct me if im wrong.. and sry if im wrong) so plz just fix this and ill be happy for at least 24 h hehehehe wink.gif

sry for beeing so "naggy" man i just love this game. realy do.. but if the game its unplayable at the end.. and u lose buy one flagrun at the end due to lag and chop like crazy... u cant play like that m8.. the 1.75 "corps thing" worked very nice.. plz give that back... and oh yea.. it lowers the realism yup.. but just think that little elves dressed in red cross uniforms carry the corps to their underland hehehe wink.gif

As has been pointed out to you the word is corpse not corps smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RaptoR-Swe @ Nov. 16 2002,13:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">plz BIS.. i´ve just came back from a game of st pierr...  and belive me it lags due to the corps...  plz BIS oh plz!   would u make the corps go away alot faster!

it will solve much probs believe me !... it wouldent take so much time for u BIS gamers also wink.gif (i guess, correct me if im wrong.. and sry if im wrong)    so plz just fix this and ill be happy for at least 24 h hehehehe wink.gif

sry for beeing so "naggy"  man i just love this game. realy do..   but if the game its unplayable at the end.. and u lose buy one flagrun at the end due to lag and chop like crazy...   u cant play like that m8..   the 1.75 "corps thing" worked very nice..   plz give that back...  and oh yea.. it lowers the realism yup.. but  just think that little elves dressed in red cross uniforms carry the corps to their underland hehehe wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Im on a 600 MHZ, 384 MB ram, Windows ME, A VIPER V770 and yet I can play fine with 34 players on a server. There can be hundreads of corpses on the floor yet it will run reasonably well(not on Nogova though, a bit less on that island). Of course thousands would probably cause an internal fire but i have never had a normal amount of corpses(like on the st pierre map) ever lag my machine! As said before i have NEVER experianced such a problem :S And i hope it doesnt have something to do with haveing a powerful machine because im getting mine upgraded soon tounge.gif

Hi RaptoR-Swe

Why not rewrite the problem map yourself with a corpse removal script? That is what the editor and scripting language are for.

I do not have problems of chop with lots of corpses but like any other player I would be happy to live with a map that suits another player.

I run a 633mhz 256mb 64mb GForce 2MX

I do turn detail and view distance down maybe that would help.

But as anyone can tell you I write missions with very large numbers of live soldiers in a heavily scripted command interface.

When I say large numbers I mean up to the hard coded limits of OFP.

The major causes of Chop and Lag for me are things such as weapons with a high rate of fire.

When you experience this chop is it when somone is firing a lot; like say several shilka or other high rate of fire weapons?

Kind Regards walker

placebo i said excuse me for the english hehe...

then plz explain whats wrong with it... there got to be sumthing wrong... and still try to play the st pierr map... not of any the big ones.. then u wont notice anything...

then plz guys help me with this problem.. im experiesning heavily chop at the end of that map... it would be nice with a FPS program. then u will se that the FPS will go down due to the CORPSE wink.gif

walker the chop is there all the time at the end

the game just starts feeling chopier and chopier and chopier... untill its so chopy that i cant even play it sad.gif

... and i have put down my viev distance and the other thing. to the lowest possible.. ad the game flotes like a true dream at the start.. but at the end when lots of corpse are shown.. it floates like a nightmare..

and sure the corps script will truly work... but its the server that play theese maps i like that got to have them..

so i need some good old help from the BIS dudes... if the prob wont solve.. then there got to be sumthing in the .cfg file that u can change for the "x" second when the corpse disapear wont it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RaptoR-Swe @ Nov. 16 2002,13:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">placebo i said excuse me for the english hehe...<span id='postcolor'>

I understand it's not your first language, that's not my point, my point is that now you've been given the correct word I don't understand why you would keep using the incorrect word? That's all smile.gif

Raptor, can you e-mail me the mission that you are palying that is cuaseing you so much lag. I want to see if it really does or if it's just your machine.

Harnu14@aol.com

Please send it to me.

thats more due to larger packets the server has to send, if the server, higher end servers with good ban width should be fine. Ive seen the lag the ded guys can cause, its much worse on lower end servers. as to why it lags our machines thats hard to say.

Hi RaptoR-Swe

OK it sounds like you are sure it is Corpses that is causing your problem.

Removing corpses is not an issue to be solved by BIS it is a mapmaker issue so contact the maker of the map and ask them to add a corpse removal script to delete the corpses or better still do it your self and then you can make missions to suit your own wishes. It is by far the most fun in OFP even more than playing smile.gif

The reason that placebo gets upset about using corps is that the word Corps means several thousand live soldiers as in several Divisions make a Corps.

Not a dead one which is a corpse and what you seem to mean. Or have we got it totaly wrong and you are talking about putting several divisions of live soldiers (20,000 soldiers or so) in a mission? In which case how have you got round the hard coded limits on numbers in OFP?(756 a side or there abouts) Oh and what kind of monster computer are you running?

They are two words with totaly oposite meanings and it is very confusing when you mix them up.

By the way Harnu has offered to fix the mission for you  so I would take up his offer! Or as I suggested learn to make missions and script.

Kind Regards walker

You can give a starving man a Fish and he will eat today but give him a net and he will eat forever.  wink.gif

Let me get this straight, as it is not very clear in your post:

- You are talking about corpses in multiplayer

- You are talking about version 1.85

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">one more tip.. try to use the numbers of corps on the 1.75 version.. it was quite good.. or lower that number to make it very good...<span id='postcolor'>

I confirm there is a problem with dead bodies in 1.85, especially when many players are connected. This has already been mentioned deep in a few topics in Multiplayer forum.

The upcoming patch will significantly improve dead body handling, I hope I can say it will be better than 1.75 was.

actully it was the 1.88 versions... thats the wierd thing.. couse i read redme file and it said "to many corpse fixed" or sumthing

so there must be a prob somehow... either the game or the server.. sumthing must be wrong.

hope u BIS ppl can search a bit in this matter smile.gif plz

//[MOM]RaptoR

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

so there must be a prob somehow... either the game or the server.. sumthing must be wrong.<span id='postcolor'>

Either the game or the server??? Do you mean that you have been using one server? Well umm if so try using another server tounge.gif

as u probably know there are not many server outs there.... and EVERY one uses the same patch 1.88 that is...   and its to many corpses on it... so im just asking  BIS is it possible to make another upgraded patch?   just fix the corps and im extremly happy ..    the 1.75 "x" time for the corpses to disapear was alot better then the 1.85-1.88 versions...    u have to admnit that there are a prob out there...   and if u havent found it... do u play this game? or u sit on the forums all day? wink.gif          but but...  try tyhe map TCZ St. Pierr    on a 7vs7 or a 8vs8 game.. and if u wont say taht ur FPS will lower due to the corpse... then plz forgive me...

plz get me some advince..  plz help me!

//[MOM]RaptoR

oh suma great news man... thx alot that there is a new patch cming.. (got any date)

i just love this game.. but suma... what we mp gamers need arent some new good weapons we need thoose darn mp bugs fixed sad.gif(thats just my thought... dont blame the other gamers wink.gif) i know that u all work very hard on it.. and good job so far!.. cant argue with that.. but there is still some "light" bugs to be fixed.. dont u gamers think that?

thx for a answer suma... now i can sleep at night smile.gif