Sign in to follow this  
spencer

British units?.....

Perhaps a list of all available decent British addons with links included could be put into this thread. Volunteers? biggrin.gif

I think the best places at the moment for brit equipment is the Operation Falklands site, although they aren't releasing a lot of it at present..... but it all looks brilliant, particularly the Scimitar they've done!

I always thought the paras were renowned for their famous red berets :/

Edit: My mistake

http://www.army.mod.uk/para/

however...

"When the men went off on leave it was for many the first time they had been home in several years. They were a proud bunch who wore their red berets, Parachute Wings and the Africa Star medal ribbon with the figure 8 in the middle which indicated they had been members of the British 8th Army - the "Desert Rats"

They are very definitely Maroon.

Hence the nickname 'The Maroon Machine.'

As for the USMC, although some US units wear berets, it's still a very recent thing for the majority of the US armed Forces.

In the British Army, the RMP wear red berets. Or at least they did the last time I checked.

eeesh all this over that one comment? im english i know the para's have maroon berets, the guy doesnt seem english, so:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's the unit where the officer has a red hat on his head.<span id='postcolor'>

its bibmi's paras, there really was no point going into the fact they arent red but a shade of red...

the desert rats are SAS,

they went around in jeeps for about 3 weeks, then about 7 land rovers with MG on the back. They wiped out some base, but 4 of the land rovers got trashed!

They had all kinds of tricks to cheat dehidration, such as not talking, since you lose water that way! 3 weeks in a desert, sand in your sandwitches and not being able to talk!

I'd go through it if i got to shoot up some nazis in the end!

erm, the SAS are the SAS ... the desert rats were originally the 7th Armoured Division, and it its a title used today by the 7th Armoured Brigade (part of 1 (UK) Armoured Division)

rat1.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vade_101 @ Nov. 23 2002,17:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">erm, the SAS are the SAS ... the desert rats were originally the 7th Armoured Division, and it its a title used today by the 7th Armoured Brigade (part of 1 (UK) Armoured Division)

rat1.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL! Yup. Plus to what he said about dehydration, not talking will not save you from dehyrdration. Drinking water will. If you're out of water, and you're out in the desert, then you got problems. Normally all well planned out combat missions including taking more then enough water for the mission as well as precombat inspections to insure that every soldier is taking enough water. For extended missions, plans include means for resupplying the soldiers with water as well as food, ammo, fuel, and other equipment. If a soldier finds himself low on water, then that means the planning either was flawed, or the enemy has extremely dense air defences keeping a special operations unit deep behind enemy lines from receiving fresh supplies. In such cases things like keeping your mouth closed might help a little but with inadequate amounts of water, heat exhaustion and dehydration will still set in and kill a person. In such cases a soldier must be resourcefull and either capture water from the enemy, from civilians, or from natural resources such as a spring, from animal blood, from morning dew, and from some types of plants such as certain goards that grow wild in the desert.

Chris G.

aka-Miles teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (vade_101 @ Nov. 23 2002,16:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">erm, the SAS are the SAS ... the desert rats were originally the 7th Armoured Division, and it its a title used today by the 7th Armoured Brigade (part of 1 (UK) Armoured Division)

rat1.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Up until Nov 1999 I was a member of 2RTR 7TH Armd for some ten years.

Hi their!

I must agree the Paras do use a maroon beret...I speak from many years of taking the piss out of the paras and the guards as Im an ex royal marines Commando....The Marine commandos are very sensetive about their Commando bit believe me and never insult them by caling them part of the Army....some Royal marines slang for you guys....

Paras= Cherry berries (for obvious reasons) , and the Army=pongos (cos they stink basiclly and hardly ever wash)

biggrin.gif Cant wait for the fix on the SA80, I had the addon for the RMC in my previous missions but now ive upgraded to SW V1.90 their is that bug in the SA80, so I have had to assign them diferent weapons...sigh!...We dont like the SA80 that much and after the resent insidents in Afganistan they are quite miffed about the hold SA80 thing...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (maestrojedi @ Nov. 27 2002,16:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi their!

I must agree the Paras do use a maroon beret...I speak from many years of taking the piss out of the paras and the guards as Im an ex royal marines Commando....The Marine commandos are very sensetive about their Commando bit believe me and never insult them by caling them part of the Army....some Royal marines slang for you guys....

Paras= Cherry berries (for obvious reasons) , and the Army=pongos (cos they stink basiclly and hardly ever wash)

biggrin.gif  Cant wait for the fix on the SA80, I had the addon for the RMC in my previous missions but now ive upgraded to SW V1.90 their is that bug in the SA80, so I have had to assign them diferent weapons...sigh!...We dont like the SA80 that much and after the resent insidents in Afganistan they are quite miffed about the hold SA80 thing...<span id='postcolor'>

Bloody Bootnecks get everywhere biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (lpdotcom @ 13 May 2003,16:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There are some fantastic beta marines at the uk forces.

UK forces<span id='postcolor'>

You arent allowed to revive threads that have been dead for over 4 months...