Sign in to follow this  
RedStorm

The Forgotten Battles

actually, I made the ME262 skin mad_o.gif  wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Who needs guns when you can cut your enemys wings off with your engines rock.giftounge_o.gif

Nice skin smile_o.gif

actually, I made the ME262 skin mad_o.gif  wink_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

My bad, I thought of that possibility right after hitting the post buton last night. Nice skin smile_o.gif

I see supah's also made a nogovan skin for the Me-262 biggrin_o.gif. Hey, we could have a whole airforce here. Hey supah, think I could get one like that made for a Yak-9D? smile_o.gif

Sure smile_o.gif I'll pm you when its done (pbb after weekend, got some OFP texturing to do first)

Thanks, No hurry bud, I'm spending my march break in a classmate's basement doing my final project for college. Not a lot of flying these days. Good a good hour in last night though, got a beautiful kill on an IAR-80 that panicked on evasive after I punched his wing and an elevator full of holes and spun himself to the ground (love how AI actually flatspins now)

Finally watched Dark Blue World last night too, great movie smile_o.gif. Shame I'll have to wait a while before I can spare a cash for AEP, that movie makes you want to fly the Spit biggrin_o.gif

I forget, and I'm not at home, but just do a search on one of the config files for [rts]

Nice shots there tex. smile_o.gif

Some news from PF:

Quote[/b] ]I know many of your are anxious to see more progress shots of Pacific Fighters. Here's a few shots showing of some of the exciting things we've gotten done in the past few weeks:

* Added a lot of new planes, including the B-29 Superfortress and the flyable A6M2-N Rufe (a floatplane version of the Zero);

* Implemented openable canopies. You will be able to toggle the canopy open/close at any time during flight;

* Implemented folding wings. AI aircraft further down the cue will start on carrier decks with their wings folded up, and will fold them down when their turn to take-off comes up;

* Implemented pitching and rolling carrier decks. This will depend on weather - in clear weather the decks will be virtually static, while in rough seas it'll roll quite violently and make carrier landings even more complicated.

Those of you who can visit us at the National European FlightSim Aviation Show in the UK will see all this plus many more exciting things, such as the attack on Pearl Harbor on our beautiful Hawaii map, and of course a chance to discuss the project with Oleg Maddox himself.

And some new screenshots (18.06.2004)

The recently released patch for AEP adds even more aircraft and there is another patch underway (sadly an early beta of it got leaked). There are many planes still under development by the community. They need to have them go through oleg and his team to get them ingame and there are rumors that the next patch will be final on IL2FB. There is work underway on (amongst others):

- Tempest (flyable)

- Typhoon (flyable)

- Spitfire variants

- Mosquito

- Ju-88 (their making it flyable and more versions)

- There were screens of crew stations for the B-25 so that may become flyable

And allot more. You can only hope they make it before the final patch for IL2FB as there is no way to get user made models ingame. Did you try out the Go-229 too Tex? smile_o.gif Its one awesome looking bird, though the Salamander is the better performer.

Yeah I've tried it- it's more stable than the 162, and better armed, so I prefer it for work against bombers- otherwise though, the Salamander will be handling most of my future jet-jockying needs smile_o.gif

SgtNathan-tbunder.jpg

Here I am messing tounge_o.gif (Notice the 2 water splashes, thats was the rudder)

[ig]http://server5.uploadit.org/files/SgtNathan-tbunder.jpg[/img]

Here I am messing  tounge_o.gif (Notice the 2 water splashes,  thats was the rudder)

heh nice flying biggrin_o.gif That should lose you any persuer wink_o.gif

My latest screenshot:

lagg3.jpg

Nothing at all spectacular. It just looked so serene and calm at the time. Flying back from a mission in which i shot down 3 He-111's (two with rockets) and a Bf-110C4. The sun and the clouds can be really pretty at times smile_o.gif

Today i did some attacks on bombers in various planes in IL2FB and i thought i would show some of it here. The following series of screenshots shows one not so very succesfull attempt.  

me1631.jpg

Weapon of choice, the Me-163 Komet Rocketplane. Fast and deadly.

me1632.jpg

Moving in on a formation of bombers, with the speed of this little bird the closure rate is insane. Especially so in head on engagements.

me1633.jpg

One of the victims, I shot down 3 bombers in this pass. Sadly i had a bit of trouble with target fixation so i piled into that last target seen here.

me1634.jpg

Having been hit by the machine gunners of the bombers (and in a group of 12 B-17's there are allot of them) my cockpit is riddled with bulletholes. The canopy was torn off in the collision.

me1635.jpg

My now slightly less then airworthy Komet diving towards the ground.

me1636.jpg

Will our hero make it out of this one? (want a hint? The answer is NO! wink_o.gif )

Glenn_Crow.jpg

It may not have the turning radius of a Yak, or the cannon of a 109, but I'm taking a shine to the Mustang. unclesam.gif

Can't wait to get my paycheck(did my first seven hour shift) and buy Aces.

Tell me, is it worth the money? There are oh so many titles out there looking for me!

Does it have spitfires? With Canadian markings?

Tell me, is it worth the money? There are oh so many titles out there looking for me!

Yes. If you're a flight sim fan.

Yes. No Cannuck markings, although I'm sure you could find a custom Canadian skin on http://www.il2skins.com, or put one together on your own.

Worth the money, IMO. smile_o.gif

Worth the money, IMO. smile_o.gif

Seccond !! (IMVHO) wink_o.gif