Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey guys!

I'm in charge of a new linux server but it is the first since the 64bit update.

So my question is simple:

How do I launch my server in 64bit under linux.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, not very nice..

Have we an approximative release date for 64 bit linux server?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or you can just run it through Wine, 64bit works fine for us with that setup.

 

I won't go into detail cause I'm not familiar with the process by any means.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do have performance trouble with wine? I mean the arma server is theoricaly less efficient under wine isn't it?

Quote

I won't go into detail cause I'm not familiar with the process by any means.

 

If you can put me in contact with the competent people that would be very nice ;-) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/4/2017 at 0:22 PM, Artyom_ said:

OK, not very nice..

Have we an approximative release date for 64 bit linux server?

 

release date has TBA

i run a linux dedicated server @ 32bit , i would appreciate a 64bit binary, but consider the real performance limits are on the client side (when clients start to framedrops server still at stable 50fps)so, at the moment, i dont really bother about 64bit on server

i doubt you could get a better performance (and stability) on 64bit wine instead of a "clean" 32bit linux setup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, tRiKy_ch said:

 

release date has TBA

i run a linux dedicated server @ 32bit , i would appreciate a 64bit binary, but consider the real performance limits are on the client side (when clients start to framedrops server still at stable 50fps)so, at the moment, i dont really bother about 64bit on server

i doubt you could get a better performance (and stability) on 64bit wine instead of a "clean" 32bit linux setup

Yep, I just made the same conclusion when using 32bit linux binary, Server stay at 50 FPS.
About the wine option, I only found old obsolete tutorials and nothing usable today.
I also send an email to BIS support about 64bits binaries because I've seen nothing official about that, no reply for the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/24/2017 at 6:03 AM, Artyom_ said:

Yep, I just made the same conclusion when using 32bit linux binary, Server stay at 50 FPS.
About the wine option, I only found old obsolete tutorials and nothing usable today.
I also send an email to BIS support about 64bits binaries because I've seen nothing official about that, no reply for the moment.

 

Any update on this?
All i've seen was the dev hub talk about a "port" to linux and mac, but that's for client side I believe. Will a 64 bit server binary be available for linux? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

patience, release when ready

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the long delay, here is the email from BIS:

 
Quote

 

Hello,
 
the Linux server should be available in the future, however, we currently
unable to tell you the exact release date for it.
 
Best regards,
 
Dominik Flandera
Bohemia Interactive

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the latest news i heard from dwarden was "sooner than later"

btw i can't wait too to see my dedi power unleashed :f:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×