eggbeast

AddonBuilder taking HOURS to pack a 2 min pbo

has anyone else got this issue right now?

so last night after the A3 update, I started addonbuilder as normal, went to build a pbo that normally takes 2 mins and it took 30 mins.

This morning I'm packing a pbo that has so far taken 90 mins and still not done.

I cleaned up all my hard drives and emptied the temp folders, even uninstalled 5gb off my c drive to make sure the ssd's were zinging.

did something happen in that A3 update? is there something i should do - like uninstall and reinstall the tools?

this is a bit of a nightmare as we have a deadline for monday for unsung release candidate build and i have a stack of pbo's to build today.

any help most appreciated

• Like 1

never use the BIS binarize product, its complete and utter crap. use pboproject. It took a 10 hour island binarize down to 15 mins 

• Like 1

ok thanks i just installed mikero tools (we have a license - didn't realise!)

his pboproject is doing them in 90 seconds now...

thank the lord! and mikero

• Like 1

Yes, there's something seriously wrong with the addon builder now, not funny, it's also crashing my game by stating the models are an error 73.

Same problem here :(

90MB PBO (packed):

- previous version of binarise - 4 min (40kB log file)

- latest version of binarise - 2 hours (3.9MB log file flooded with many warnings)

• Like 1

As mentioned in the last techrep the enabling of the logs is experimental. Binarize should receive an update soon (this week) to solve this issue.

• Like 1

thanks for clarifying. perhaps next time you add something that has the potential to break the tool this badly, you might consider adding an enable/disable switch to the UI. just a suggestion! the addition of logging would be very welcome,

up to now we tend to build everything with binpbo from arma 2 until we get to the stage where we need to add physx, at which point it fails, so we switch irrevocably to addonbuilder. we also use eliteness to rapify the config directly to get immediate error logs. all these tools can instantly pinpoint critical bugs in code or configs.

addonbuilder, up to now, has been a black box. and once you were stuck using it, well it was pot luck if you could solve any issues in your models/ config etc.

now im using pboproject it has the most verbose error logging i've seen, but takes 30 secs to do something AB would take maybe 10 mins to do when it was working ok. AB currently is completely broken.

• Like 1