Sign in to follow this  
GI44

Help i got discharged!

OK - I hang my head in shame. I really love playing this game but I guess I'm not that good at it.

I just finished the mission where you're in command of about 8 guys and you have to take out the enemy camp. All 8 guys survived, we killed everyone and I got some kills myself.

However, upon completion, the general told me I was a disgrace and kicked me out. I found on the Avon Lady's website how to modify the "penalties" code in file 1985.sqc.

I modified all places that had any penalties. I then "Continued" OFP and it put me back in the same mission at the last objective. I played through to the end and got kicked out again!

How do I get past this? I really don't want to start over. I'm a Dad with 4 kids, a real job, and only find time on weekends to play. It will take me months to get this far again..

Any ideas?

Thanks GI44

Well you can cheat, I can't remember the cheat codes but you can unlock all the campaign missions.

RED

Press Left shift and numpad-

type in campaign

hit enter

At least I'm pretty sure that's how you do it.

well, i cant help you, but i had the same problem a few missions earlier in "taking command", I started the whole campaign again

I found your more likely to get kicked on "Cadet" mode then "Veteran" mode. Because when it's on veteran you get more points of things you do then in cadet mode.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GI44 @ Nov. 01 2002,23:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm a Dad with 4 kids, a real job, and only find time on weekends to play.  It will take me months to get this far again..<span id='postcolor'>

"a real job", lol. I wasn't aware that it's common nowadays to have an "unreal" one.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ Nov. 02 2002,08:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GI44 @ Nov. 01 2002,23:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm a Dad with 4 kids, a real job, and only find time on weekends to play. It will take me months to get this far again..<span id='postcolor'>

"a real job", lol. I wasn't aware that it's common nowadays to have an "unreal" one.<span id='postcolor'>

Well a real job could be 9-5

A real job could be where you sign a binder full of contracts and agreements

A real job is where you get payed smile.gif

At least that's one way of looking at it...

If you volunteer somewhere and don't like the work... it's a job that doesn't pay.

If you volunteer somewhere and really enjoy what you do, it's not a job but a hobby.

Or, you work full time and get payed, but never signed any agreement or contrtacts, pay rate is not established... not real job (even if you work your ass off and make $$$wink.gif

It's messed up, all the possibilities.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jo Man Dragon @ Nov. 02 2002,11:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well, i cant help you, but i had the same problem a few missions earlier in "taking command", I started the whole campaign again<span id='postcolor'>

I had that too, same mission! I just cheated to unlock all the campaign missions and started again by the next mission. smile.gif

Thanks everybody for the help - I really appreciate it!

I've never gotten either a penalty or a reward. In fact, I did not know that Operation Flashpoint even had a semi-dynamic campaign until I looked in the .pbo file for missions and found extra ones that I have not played. What gives?

Hi Kermit;

When you play the "Campaign", at the end of each mission you get a report on how you did. If you did poorly you'll see from 1 to many red "X"s. If you did well you will get pearls or stars. If you get too many red "X"s on too many missions, you start getting little cut-scenes where Colonel Blake chews you out.

By the way, I goy past this problem thanks to the Avon Lady. I modified the 1985.SQC file as she described. However, the first time I tried after modifying the file, I hit "Continue" on the mission. So, I still got chewed out at the end of the mission. You must hit "Retry" to start the entire mission over for the modifications to 1985.SQC to take effect.

Again, Thanks to everyone who responded..

GI44

That's really odd, I've been playing this game since it came out and I have NEVER come across this "being kicked out" feature! Not once. How do you make it happen???

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (GreyKnight @ Nov. 04 2002,13:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That's really odd, I've been playing this game since it came out and I have NEVER come across this "being kicked out" feature!  Not once.  How do you make it happen???<span id='postcolor'>

Play the 1985 campaign. Do lousy but just get past the first 4 battle missions (not the Training mission) by the skin of your teeth.

I consider myself a lightweight fan of OFP. Some of you might consider me not a fan at all after you hear this. I absolutely cannot stand commanding other troops. I like it missions where I'm just another soldier in a squad. Kind of gives you more freedom ya know? Dont get me wrong I've commanded troops and completed tasks but I guess i just haven't gotten that good at it yet. Like that one single mission where the Russians are invading the island from the sea and you start on a hilltop I just get everybody totally killed!! I'm like, dang get some mortars and shell the bastards but they wont get it right, its just too funny dude.

Venom;

I came across something in this forum that not only has helped me command the troops but has made it more enjoyable.  There's a program call "Game Commander II" that allows you to program all the commands as voice commands.  So, if you want guys to flank left, you simply say "Flank Left".

You don't have to constantly hit the menus and search for what you need.

The program costs about $50 and you get a noise cancelling headset microphone.  It really was very easy to setup.  You don't even have to train your voice.  If you do check this out, be aware of the feature in which you can tell it to only take a voice command when you have a certain key pressed.  Kind of like keying a radio.  I found that helpful.  Otherwise, if you play your speakers loud, it may trigger commands unintentionally from the background noise.

Anyway, it has made it more enjoyable commanding troops for me.