BadContrakt

Server Browser Trouble

I can only search for servers like once every 5 minutes. And then if I hit refresh again, no servers will pop up and I have to close Arma III completely and wait 5 minutes until I try to search for servers again. I have 2,525 hours into this game and it has been this way since the first hour. I ask other people if they have this problem and some say no, some say yes.

Let me go through it very slowly so there's no confusion.

I launch the game.

I go to Multiplayer.

I go to Filter.

I type in "King" to search for King of the Hill missions.

I hit Enter.

It finds hundreds of servers. I think "Nah. I would rather play Wasteland."

So I go back to the Filter, and type in Wasteland.

Then I hit Enter again.

The browser finds nothing. It sits there and does nothing. I can try different words, I can even search "King" again and it will still show nothing. The only thing that fixes it is shutting Arma down and waiting a few minutes.

Then I can re-launch the game and search for servers one more time again. If I don't find the server I want right away, well, I will have to wait 5 more minutes for Arma.

This has been happening since the day I bought Arma III and has happened on my PC (through like 5 Window reloads) and on my laptop as well. Re-installing the game or attempting to fix the game does nothing.

When you guys were coming out with that new launcher server browser I was really excited because maybe that would work instead. Nope. The launcher server browser does the exact same thing.

Edited by R0adki11
foul language removed, post edited to be more readable.

Is your whole internet down when this happens? In that case, you could try lowering the ping rate in Steam settings, so it doesn't suffocate your router.

Browser works great for me since they did their overhaul of it a while back

I launch the game.

I go to Multiplayer.

I go to Filter.

I type in "King" to search for King of the Hill missions.

I hit Enter.

It finds hundreds of servers. I think "Nah. I would rather play Wasteland."

So I go back to the Filter, and type in Wasteland.

Then I hit Enter again.

The browser finds NOTHING. It sits there and does nothing. I can try different words, I can even search "King" again and it will still show nothing

~

~

I CANNOT. BE. THE ONLY PERSON. THAT. HAS. THIS. HAPPEN. WHY? TELL ME WHY YOUR FUCKING GAME IS SO FUCKING BROKEN?

WORKS. JUST. FINE. FOR. ME.

Is your whole internet down when this happens? In that case, you could try lowering the ping rate in Steam settings, so it doesn't suffocate your router.

Nah my internet is perfect. No lag ever.

Browser works great for me since they did their overhaul of it a while back

Didn't change anything for me unfortunately.

Say Greenfist

I had this issue playing at one of my friends' home, not at my home. With a very powerful fiber connection and very low pings on every servers (a real difference with my usual config! I never saw a green ping before).

So, there was no filter used like for badcontrakt, just happened when a server kicked us for any reason (we have plenty of mods and we don't like to guess what mods we need for what game we will try to join, both of us).

Then, back to servers page, there was no more list and internet bent for several minutes (except TV).

I'm rather sure Greenfist is on the right track but I don't really understand what to do.

Btw, we were on v 1.60 before Apex.

Say Greenfist

I had this issue playing at one of my friends' home, not at my home. With a very powerful fiber connection and very low pings on every servers (a real difference with my usual config! I never saw a green ping before).

So, there was no filter used like for badcontrakt, just happened when a server kicked us for any reason (we have plenty of mods and we don't like to guess what mods we need for what game we will try to join, both of us).

Then, back to servers page, there was no more list and internet bent for several minutes (except TV).

I'm rather sure Greenfist is on the right track but I don't really understand what to do.

Btw, we were on v 1.60 before Apex.

I've actually had 3 different internet providers and lived in 3 different apartments through owning Arma III and this problem has always happened. I have fast and very stable internet that never gives me any problems at all. This problem has nothing to do with my internet.

I've actually had 3 different internet providers and lived in 3 different apartments through owning Arma III and this problem has always happened. I have fast and very stable internet that never gives me any problems at all. This problem has nothing to do with my internet.

But you did try lowering the ping rate, right? Just in case.

The provider and location don't play a role here, just your router. (Or possibly the computer)

How can you lower the ping rate?

Steam -> Settings -> In-Game -> Max pings / minute.

• Like 1

It's a known Steam issue, had to do it myself...

Create a new string value registry setting named CafeRate
  Give the CafeRate regkey a value of 10000 and progressively decrease the value
  until the issue is resolved. A rate of 3000 should be considered the minimum value

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=4487-YUOC-6922

/KC