D3F3CT3D

Clean road texture for large satellite? [pics]

Not sure how to go about this process, I seen some others have really nice detail roads from satellite picture so roads dont dissapear..

im working on my bottom left tile 20480x20480... and having generated layers for test at 4096x4096 im seeing bad results as in correct road path is difficult to get aligned in photoshop to terrain builder.... pics below...

7f53c40b51db49295a3e27751a52250f.png

d1b868c6d81d963b94c5ebd804009d94.png

482b1c071433729dabfb451237af8a89.png

f7055715658193f9ef56068067f77e16.png

Try this.

surface mask texture is for close up , my problem is detailed distant satellite roads that line up perfectly with the buldozer roads i created from polylines.. and also to mention ,   export shapes to imagery ( The polylines [ roads ]       do not even line up with the roads in buldozer..  Resulting in never going to line up in photoshop

surface mask texture is for close up , my problem is detailed distant satellite roads that line up perfectly with the buldozer roads i created from polylines.. and also to mention ,   export shapes to imagery ( The polylines [ roads ]       do not even line up with the roads in buldozer..  Resulting in never going to line up in photoshop

You can export the road shapes to imagery, then overlay that onto your sat map in photoshop.

You can export the road shapes to imagery, then overlay that onto your sat map in photoshop.

Doesnt work , The roads are not accurate , The Polylines like i mentioned do not match the buldozer roads, [ Never will unless fixed ]

Thats why im asking people for there techniques, there is no way im going to guess for every part of the road it would take weeks to finish.

Doesnt work , The roads are not accurate , The Polylines like i mentioned do not match the buldozer roads, [ Never will unless fixed ]

Thats why im asking people for there techniques, there is no way im going to guess for every part of the road it would take weeks to finish.

It's does work, you just have to change the width of the polyline in TB. click the line then edit it in the bottom left of your screen, you change change the width of it there. Mine line up fine

It's does work, you just have to change the width of the polyline in TB. click the line then edit it in the bottom left of your screen, you change change the width of it there. Mine line up fine

Match it to Roadslib width ?

for roads shapes (tb) . use more vertices close to the apex when you want to make a corner , 

i see in your 3rd picture that you have only one point in the corner and after that is one at the end. with this you get a curve , not a corner. Thats why the roads are not accurate .

try to add vertices about a cm away before and after the corner . closer=sharper , far=smoother (curve)

• Like 1

adding 3 points on the corner does work tyvm

you may be better with using five points to get a smoother curve. That's what I do and it looks less displaced compared to the sat image too. You get more freedom of movement for the angles needed.

try taking higher res smaller pictures and putting them toghther and output it to your desired pxl res