Sign in to follow this  
PFC_Mike

Is this real?!?!?!

Its OK, but it'd be nice if they could have handguns.

Edit:My 400th post

Depbo it and make it by yourself it is easy I have made the mine Ghost Recon units use pistols and pistols are visible I would love to make it avaible for dl but hey man you saw how big the zipped file is tounge.gif

Another problem with these units is that they don't have ruck sacks (backpacks). I guess they are configured for a direct assault role. But it would be nice to see some units like that with rucksacks also like Frandsen's US Marines.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

sweetsweetsweet

why isn't this on OFP.info or OFP-zone?

This should have gotten way more publicity.

it was beta addon from ebud long time ago maybe after vietnam pack he will make a 1.75 pack

oh man it's 16.2 megs, and fileplanet has a 2.66 kbps transfer rate.

It's gonna be a loooooooooooong morning sad.gif

But I'm glad they don't have backpacks, I want some troops for direct assault.

Might one of you config.cpp edititing geniuses change it so they've got pistols, or FLiPM4's?

Could anyone tell me the exact addon name.

I'm searching it on the ATWAR site, and i cant find it.

I'd forgotten how much I hate FilePlanet.

I keep getting redirected to their index page when I try to download this...

--edit: looks like the addon had been removed for download confused.gif ---

no matter, it's a useless addon. You *really* don't want it, they are all ugly. The textures seem weird.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Oct. 28 2002,03:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">no matter, it's a useless addon. You *really* don't want it, they are all ugly. The textures seem weird.<span id='postcolor'>

I dunno...I think there are 3 good ones in the pack. There's the sniper, then there's two of the guys with names, one of which is a Army Ranger wearing a black watch cap (beenie cap) and then another guy wearing a green face mask similar to the Black Ops but a little different.

But yeah I agree the west are kind wierd looking. Not as good looking as, for example, Frandsen's U.S. Marines or the HK MOD units accept for the one Ranger I was talking about which looks like it came from the HK MOD and was just retextured.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I still think that Frandsen's are the best infantry addons so far. But they don't look like modern American Marines. They do fit the 1985-87 time span.

I dunno if any of you guys are accuracy nuts but the webbing on all the OFP soldiers is pretty old. Its like M1956/67 webbing, which is 1950s-60s Era.

Most everyone had LC-2 ALICE webbing by '85. Especially frontline units. But I think the M-16A1 was more common in 1985 than the A2. I don't think the Marines began recieving the A2 in quantity untill mid-1987. The Army didn't start ordering them till 1987. My Uncle went to the Gulf with an M-16A1. Takes a while for weapons stocks to fill up.

Miles can you comment?

yeah, I thought they'd be ToW quality. I guess not.

I gave my Marines M4s and m240s, accuracy be damned.

Yeah, I give them whatever. I replace the M60E3s with SAWs and give everyone else M4's. That way they could be airborne troops rather than Marines. I really wish he would do a desert version of them though.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ExtracTioN @ Oct. 27 2002,13:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Depbo it and make it by yourself it is easy I have made the mine Ghost Recon units use pistols and pistols are visible I would love to make it avaible for dl but hey man you saw how big the zipped file is  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Extraction I beg of you upload your units some where

I NEED BETTER LOOKING MODERN DAY UNITS PLEEASSE

SOMEBODY HOST!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Extraction, could you email me you config.cpp from you pistol equipped addons?

Depbo it and make it by yourself it is easy I have made the mine Ghost Recon units use pistols and pistols are visible I would love to make it avaible for dl but hey man you saw how big the zipped file is <span id='postcolor'>

Ditto to above post, i need some new blood in OFP

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cloney @ Oct. 28 2002,04:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, I give them whatever. I replace the M60E3s with SAWs and give everyone else M4's. That way they could be airborne troops rather than Marines. I really wish he would do a desert version of them though.<span id='postcolor'>

how did u do this?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Oct. 28 2002,03:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">no matter, it's a useless addon. You *really* don't want it, they are all ugly. The textures seem weird.<span id='postcolor'>

They look "weird" because of the warping of the BIS models, not the textures. Open them up and look. Way friggin' better than 99% of the uniforms that have been released as addons. Plus they were "weird" becuse they were made by a different company.

Useless my ass. Ugly? Maybe, compared to what? They were made almost over a year ago as something to do when there were NO decent unit addons. Even though none of the textures were original, it still looks better than any units I've seen.

If they are nowhere to be found, and someone wants to edit the loadouts, I can send them to someone with a large email inbox.... They cannot be upgraded for pistols since they were made about a year ago using the sniper model as a base for most of them.

Well, just downloaded them from FP.

Ugly, useless? For Christ's sake! Mot at all!!

Good work Ebud.

However there are two thingies to be done, but necessarily by Ebud.

1. Switching the soldiers p3ds with those from res (or other res compatible addon that uses unmodified p3d files), and do the textureswapping thing.

2. Weapons loads. This is a way easier stuff to do. And since we have plenty of addons like M4, M249, AWP, or even the OICW for Jacobs, the addon can be made pretty up-to-date .

Well i can volunteer for editing weapons loadouts, but the texswapping is beyond my possibilities.

I wouldnt mind taking the job, Ebud if you want me to, send me a email to DacrunchyFrog@hotmail.com or PM me.

I have your Ghost Recon pack...

Maybe addin' the OICW to Will Jacobs and Lindy Cohen, a L96 to Jack Stone, M82A1 to Henry Ramirez, M4A1' to the demo experts, M249's to the Support and M24 rifles to the snipers... Just a idea, but then that requires permission from alot of authors.

smile.gif

Here's my list of addons that might be useful (weapon neded/addon/author):

M4A1 / M4A1 Carabine Pack v2.1 / Fliper

L96 (AWM) / DS-AWM / quaker gamer

M249 SAW (PIP) / US MG Pack v1.2 / Taiwan Workshop

SA80 / GFX707's Bunker Pack 4/ GFX707

Barret M82A1 / Barrett M82A1M / Scanger

OICW/ OFP: HK "beauty patched" / LoBo Team and Vipersheart

M24 / M24 SW / [FILO]HuBBa

Note that Hubba's M24 had been made beofore o2 was released, but still it's the only OFP M24 addon that im familier with.

Most of the addons are avialible at popular sites such as:

OFP Zone

OFP Info

http://www.opflashpoint.org/

Bunker Pack 4 can be found at http://www.fortress-ofp.com/