Sign in to follow this  
alanford

Merging missions in 3DEN

Hey.

I have one mission with some logics, scripts, units with orders, and other general mission stuff. Then I have another mission that I have built some bases and buildings in. I assumed I'd be able to merge them, like I used to be. But right now, I don't seem to be able to figure out how to do that. The merge option is gone, and if I cope and paste in place, the buildings break. I also can't save things as compositions, because some objects are placed inside buildings, and need to fit to about 10cm accurately.

So, how do I merge two missions in eden? is it still possible?

the old 'merge' is gone as it was 'unclear' and not exactly well working feature

yet, you can use paste

but instead of normal Paste (Ctrl+V)

you shall try Paste on Original Position (Ctrl+Shift+V)

hopefully that helps

Thank you, it works... was searching for Merge as well...

@dwarden hey

Like I said, copying and pasting in original location does not work. The pasted objects get completely messed up. It may work for primitive placement of sparce and roughly placed objects, or for logics and units. But it doesn't work for intricate compositions. The results get completely messed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FXwlu5_ZQo

can't see the video

• Like 1

can't see the video

whoops. had it set to private. fixed. :)

I recommend copying in sections instead of all at once. I think the problem is the volume of objects in the clipboard that you're copying.

I recommend copying in sections instead of all at once. I think the problem is the volume of objects in the clipboard that you're copying.

nope, I've done way more than this w/o a problem

hey. i tried with just copy pasting a smaller amount, and even just one object. result is still the same. something is going wrong on with every single object.

i dont know who said the merge thing is not working  but i always found it working and very very very very very very ..... (you get the drift) easy to use, i realy miss the option as i tend to get ideas, build them and then think about the fact it could act in other missions 

so i would like to see it back  (also have the same problem as OP )

• Like 1