Sign in to follow this  
OntosMk1

How about some russian attack planes...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Midway @ Oct. 27 2002,23:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ME to i also want the KASATKA its got damn kewl bout time we get a russian chopper that isnt 20 years old.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm, maybe because OFP:CWC is set 17 years ago? tounge.gif

Lol good point but itll only be 643,589,326 days until i care about what era CWC is set in  biggrin.gif

*Edit* Plus sure as hell seems like West is prettttty much updated to 1990-2000.....

PS - AWESOME STUNTS FUBAR!!!!!! I took 2 hours to read all 71 pgs of that post - youa nd Denoir had the best stunts i was laughing so hard.... smile.gif

Raptor Ace, has you seen that MiG fly?

It can pull off manouvres that no other plane on earth can perform. (The fecker can fly backwards!wink.gif It also has a funky new stealth system, (Look at the tiny little holes on the leading edges).

Technologically, its no match for the F22, but for engineering skill, its a marvel.

Its a shame that a lack of funds will mean this fighter will never see production. Never underestimate Russian A/C designers, they still are some of the best in the world.

--------------------------------------------------------

BTW, whoever asked, the MiG 23/27 and Su 25 are all capable of carrying AA weapons. The MiG 23 is actually a defense fighter, whilst the MiG 23BN/27 both have a A/G capability, of which the standard armament can consist of;

Cannon: GSh-23L 23mm

A/G: AS-7 Kerry, UV-16-57, FAB-500,

A/A: AA-7, ,AA-8, AA-10, AA-11.

The Su 25 can also carry the AA-8 Aphid (Nice little missile... not as good as the Archer. That thing is a nightmare!wink.gif

I´m defenitly in need of a new version of that MIG-29 ! ! ! It´s Awesome, but for some reason when it is with other airplanes, my computer lags to death and it becomes unplayable.

And I would like to see a SU-27 "Flanker"

Keep it going PLZ ! ! !

Su-37 is the best plane ever. You'd never be able to make it in OFP though since the engine can't handle thrust vectoring or the rear aspect Air to Air missiles.

Can't believe our government wasted so much cash on the poxy Eurofighter when for a quarter of the price we could become a Russian client state and get our hands on some decent kit. (Maybe they could toss in some assault rifles that work too, in the Gulf War our lads were having to steal AKs off the Iraqis)

Dogfighting in OFP is a bit poo anyway, the AI doesn't seem to have got the hang of it. It could be nice to see a Resistance Mig21 though, everyone's got one of them these days. I even got one for my mum to go to the shops in. smile.gif

LOL LT, way to show your pride for your country... I'm sure that even the EFT can take on the Su-37, and I'm sure aesthetically the TVC could be put into the game i dono about the control though... but why would you... it's not even going into production confused.gif the Su-37 and MiG-35 both... cancelled awhile ago.

Info on the MiG-35

Su-37 can engage in 360 degrees, that means it has no blind spot. It can do what can only be described as handbrake turns, which means it can target pretty much anything in any direction with it's main weapons within a couple of seconds. The Eurofighter is supposed to be quite fun to fly and a bit cheeky with some stealth tech and funky targetting, but against anything with full thrust vectoring no conventional aircraft will be able to consistantly win.

What's needed in the game are practical addons though. The Mig21 and Su27 would be practical because they are very common aircraft. A decent harrier would also be a bonus and some sort of Russian scout helicopter.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ludovico Technique @ Oct. 29 2002,01:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Su-37 can engage in 360 degrees, that means it has no blind spot. It can do what can only be described as handbrake turns, which means it can target pretty much anything in any direction with it's main weapons within a couple of seconds. The Eurofighter is supposed to be quite fun to fly and a bit cheeky with some stealth tech and funky targetting, but against anything with full thrust vectoring no conventional aircraft will be able to consistantly win.

What's needed in the game are practical addons though. The Mig21 and Su27 would be practical because they are very common aircraft. A decent harrier would also be a bonus and some sort of Russian scout helicopter.<span id='postcolor'>

I would be happy to just see a big ass Su-24 Fencer and it's American counter-part the F-111 Aardvark. Both are heavy long range fighter bombers designed to do low altitude penetration and attack missions with precision guided weapons mostly dropped from internal bomb bays if I remember correctly. But yeah a Mig-21 and a Mig-27 would definitely be great aircraft to use. The Mig-21 is a nice inexpensive multirole plane that is still going strong today.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Ludovico Technique, I've used the new SA-80 and its FAR more reliable than the version used in the Gulf.

I'm getting pretty pissed off about people badmouthing it, when they havn't even fired a sodding rifle.

As for the Typhoon, in a BVR environment, a Su37 wouldn't stand a chance. It simply wouldn't get into range. I've had a brief on the EFT avionic capabilities, and frankly they are amazing. From a pilot standpoint the Su37 is a better aircraft aerodynamically, and for flying pleasure, but the Typhoon is far more combat effective. Why get into a furball when you can reach out and touch the bugger before he realises your there?