Sign in to follow this  
OntosMk1

How about some russian attack planes...

I know that there is a Mig-29 floating out there somewher but the Fulcrum wasnt released until the late 80s. Could someone possibly model say a Mig-27 or and Su-24. We need some Russian fast movers to combat those new Sam systems that where just released. ANyways its just a suggestion. Have fun

Whats wrong with the Su-25 Frogfoot? Its relatively fast (compared to the A-10 tounge.gif), carry's powerful ATGM's, and has a large rocket payload. All in all, I think the Su-25 is pretty much all the Ruskies need in terms of an attack plane.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Aaron Kane @ Oct. 26 2002,17:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Whats wrong with the Su-25 Frogfoot?  Its relatively fast (compared to the A-10 tounge.gif), carry's powerful ATGM's, and has a large rocket payload.  All in all, I think the Su-25 is pretty much all the Ruskies need in terms of an attack plane.<span id='postcolor'>

If you download the F-14 tomcat, and other planes you will notice they can attack other aircrafts with guided rockets.

The SU-25 cannot. Which is why it is an appalling plane in dogfights.

The SU-25 is not bad in a dogfight due to its speed and agility, but its lack of AA missiles lets it down. Scorpio's original Mig-29 addon is the only other Russian plane I know of for OFP, and it's not particularly good either as it has very limited AA capabilities and seems to have far too little manoevrability considering it's supposed to be the best dogfighting jet ever created. Compare this to the Western arsenal of F14, F16, Hawk, AMX, Tornado, A10, Bronco and possibly others that I'm forgetting. Imbalanced to say the least. confused.gif

Scorpio recently told me he had finished new versions of his F16 and Mig-29's and was waiting for 1.85 to come out before releasing them, so hopefully he will do so soon. A realistic Mig-29 would be more than a match for most of the Western stuff available. smile.gif

the main problem with the SU-25 is down to ofp's engine, unfortunately it cant have more than one type of detachable missile/bomb so you can have one machinegun/grenade launcher, as many FFAR pods as you want (although they will only appear from two points), and one type of missile/bomb that detaches, i dont think you can plan on this being fixed in any patches i think it would be too much work, so for now the SU-25 is the best, once P3Dedit is released we may be able to get some different loadouts on there (ie LGB's, AT-16's, lots of rockets and some AA)

i'd like to see a Su-27 or other flanker variant, cuz i dont think the MiG-23/27 or the Su-24 have AA capabilities. the Su-34 would be a good plane to see also

i d like to see one of those YAK v/stols... maybe a yak 38

and the mig31 or 35 would be great... russian military says that the mig 35 is better than the us F-22... sadly russians have not enough money to buy some mig35

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (B@ZOOkA @ Oct. 27 2002,00:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">russian military says that the mig 35 is better than the us F-22... sadly russians have not enough money to buy some mig35<span id='postcolor'>

How on earth did they manage to afford the research costs for such an advanced aircraft I wonder? confused.gif

i bet that's just a load of bull, they're just trying to intimidate the U.S., who's F-22 is superior to anything the russians could put out any time soon, plus it's cancelled and is older than the F-22

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RaptorAce @ Oct. 27 2002,01:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i bet that's just a load of bull, they're just trying to intimidate the U.S., who's F-22 is superior to anything the russians could put out any time soon, plus it's cancelled and is older than the F-22<span id='postcolor'>

i wouldnt say so ... its a fact that the mig-31 was the best airplane in the world before the F-22 was developed... the russians were always good ingeneurs... and btw the mig-31 and 35 just look better than that ugly f-22 wink.giftounge.gif

Once i have enough guys for my mod i will start having them work on them but i need more guys since i only have 4 right now including me. so if your interested in joining PM me.

More Russian planes would be great. But I really don't use any plane too much except the Tornado.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (B@ZOOkA @ Oct. 26 2002,17:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RaptorAce @ Oct. 27 2002,01:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i bet that's just a load of bull, they're just trying to intimidate the U.S., who's F-22 is superior to anything the russians could put out any time soon, plus it's cancelled and is older than the F-22<span id='postcolor'>

i wouldnt say so ... its a fact that the mig-31 was the best airplane in the world before the F-22 was developed... the russians were always good ingeneurs... and btw the mig-31 and 35 just look better than that ugly f-22  wink.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You think this plane and this plane are better looking than this one? LOL, OK.... Maybe I'm a bit bias. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (fraggit @ Oct. 27 2002,05:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">More Russian planes would be great. But I really don't use any plane too much except the Tornado.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (B@ZOOkA @ Oct. 26 2002,17:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RaptorAce @ Oct. 27 2002,01:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i bet that's just a load of bull, they're just trying to intimidate the U.S., who's F-22 is superior to anything the russians could put out any time soon, plus it's cancelled and is older than the F-22<span id='postcolor'>

i wouldnt say so ... its a fact that the mig-31 was the best airplane in the world before the F-22 was developed... the russians were always good ingeneurs... and btw the mig-31 and 35 just look better than that ugly f-22  wink.gif  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You think this plane and this plane are better looking than this one?<span id='postcolor'>

yes

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What we really need is russian choppers, like the KA_60 Kasatka Killer Whale or the Ka-27

<span id='postcolor'>

AHA! Some1 agrees with me! I want the Kasatka!!!!! planes r awfully boring nowadays, since every1 wants to make 900mph-impossible-to-fly-monstrosites that every1 complains about(Like the F-117)

ME to i also want the KASATKA its got damn kewl bout time we get a russian chopper that isnt 20 years old.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Midway @ Oct. 27 2002,23:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ME to i also want the KASATKA its got damn kewl bout time we get a russian chopper that isnt 20 years old.<span id='postcolor'>

The kasatka will enter production in 2003, i love that chopper (since i played MGS2) we need one !

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> i love that chopper (since i played MGS2) we need one !<span id='postcolor'> Ditto.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ME to i also want the KASATKA its got damn kewl bout time we get a russian chopper that isnt 20 years old.<span id='postcolor'> Lol yea i think the east choppers are awwwfffullllyy outdated.