Mirek

Eden rotation / tilt

Didnt have time to test it thoroughly, but the 3D editor looks really great. 

But as Iam notorious complainer, i have to complane, that i cant tilt. Ican Move objects, i can Rotate objects, i can Rise/Lower objects, but i didnt find how to Tilt objects. Tilting is important for lot of staf especialy creating baricades, or some scenes where you need forexample tilt a car 90degrees to create car accident scene or for using objects that are normaly horizontal or vertical to make makeshift diagonal ramps.

But as i said, i dint have time to test, so maybe its there and i just didnt find it. I did just quick 5 minute test.

Othervise great Job BIS. :-)

• Like 1

But as Iam notorious complainer, i have to complane, that i cant tilt. Ican Move objects, i can Rotate objects, i can Rise/Lower objects, but i didnt find how to Tilt objects. Tilting is important for lot of staf especialy creating baricades, or some scenes where you need forexample tilt a car 90degrees to create car accident scene or for using objects that are normaly horizontal or vertical to make makeshift diagonal ramps.

That's a bit pointless complaint: just use the rotation tool. ;)

That's a bit pointless complaint: just use the rotation tool. ;)

I dont want to  rotate i want to tilt. Next time read before responding.  ;)

• Like 1

Next time actually try the rotation tool before responding. :D

3den_widget_rotation.gif

• Like 1

Wich you can do with the rotation widget or input the angle yourself in the object attributes.

Next time try before responding. ;)

Holy thread moving mod, batman!

I don't think this was worth its own thread. :)

On a side note: Once you've set your rotation, don't move the object without the "Translation Widget", because it will sometimes reset the roation.

On a side note: Once you've set your rotation, don't move the object without the "Translation Widget", because it will sometimes reset the roation.

You can also prevent it by toggling the surface snapping and/or that other level translation thing next to it, can't remember which.

Good to know. Thanks.

Wow you guys are like a pack of Hyenas!

In the OPs defense, he was referring perhaps to setting the pivot for the rotation. Which is what I'd like to do... how do you do that?

excuse me but every time I tilt something using that tool and then move that tilted object somewhere else, the tilt resets, does someone know how to fix this?

23 hours ago, notproplayer3 said:

does someone know how to fix this?

you have to untoggle snap to surface and maybe that other toggle (right next to it) too... 

Learning Eden and have pretty much an identical question. 

I want to learn how to rotate after already running a code.

My setup right now is just to get a concept to work, but I've attached CRAMS (Praetorian 1C's) to an AR-2 Darter. This works fine. I've correctly spaced them (for what I want) and that too, works fine.

Each Praetorian has the line "this attachTo[bump, [0,5,-3]];" with bump being the darters variable name, and the x and y differing per Praetorian slightly. Using just the rotation tool as suggested, they reset to their default orientation when beginning the scenario.

I'd now like to be able to have the CRAM's rotate upside down so that the base of them is facing towards the AR-2 Darter above them.