Maio

Arma 3 - APEX - NEWS and SPECULATIONS

As for the CTRG stealth texture, I think the strange pattern on it has t do with the IR suppression.

You mean the chain-link -ish pattern? Yea I got the same feeling when I read the xml-files and saw that stuff mentioned.

And new weapons they shall receive, so what it's being used in some other game, this is Arma.  :huh: 

What good would a fullauto Glock bring to the table compared to the two you mentioned?

Sure you can voice yourself no-one's denying that, I just don't get the accusations of BI being lazy/money hungry.

I also don't think it's automatically bad to do reskins of uniforms, there's plenty of real life examples of a single uniform used in many patterns so why not CSAT? Not to mention we haven't seen the assets yet, have we, who knows what we'll get?

I only referred to the guns we get from DayZ and the fact there's people who don't like it, or course I'd like to have a full navy arsenal at my disposal including a shitload of boats 'n' stuff, but judging by my expedition on Tanoa, there's about 100sqkm of reasons we don't get tens of vehicles and guns this time.

We have already two SMGs and 3 pistols. None are Full auto...the pistols. I meant introducing something not present that we don't need mods for. Like a .50 Anti material rifle for shooting at Ifrits  or Hunters with AP ammo at a 1000 meters. Or a suppressor for the .408 sniper rifles. That cut XM 25 with air burst functionality. Its to introduce things ate are not catered. Fill in the gaps.

Sure you can voice yourself no-one's denying that, I just don't get the accusations of BI being lazy/money hungry. People have said they don't want reskins. In fact search this thread and you will find me often saying I would have paid double for more content. Yiou also cant be serious and say that between new models and re skins you would opt for re skins?

Thirdly much as you say you assume I called them cop out money grabbers. I can fire back and say show me proof they aint? You don't work for them. How do you know. Its like me saying no I know Trump. He is a great guy without personally knowing his real side on a personal level. I also didn't say that they out to screw people over. I didn't like the no news approach. And I was worried Apex would be the bare necessities. Because I really love Arma

A while back the top dog at Crytek said regards Crysis. He said Gamers are more informed and critical that expect more. Wanting more isn't a bad thing especially if they had a deluxe Apex with 30 new weapons I would have bought it and skipped the lite version. I even asked Joris van landt the then Project Lead to consider three variants so people could buy their poison based on their preferences. I have gone now as far to Tweet Marek Spanel and ask him to consider a post Apex expansion. And I am not doing really this just for me. I am considering people like you because we all win. I will likely never play multiplayer online and need fast roping but I recognize that to some its uber important. Even a new fast attack Jet or better AI.

If it was legal and amounted to something I would be the first to contribute to a kickstater which might incentivise BIS to consider another expansion. but you right...shoot the D

• Like 1

My problem with the use of dayz weapons is that its feels like they added them because they needed content, not because it fits in the game. Its like they only created the Syndikat for the dayz weapons.

I want game assets that fit in 2035. That means they could use dayz weapons but with some remodelling (so that it looks like future).

Also there is a lack of cars like Hvymtal mentioned and some civ cars. The city looks not realistic if there are only jeeps like on the example picture.

So i hope they will add some content for free later.

There was a guy who extracted images of weapon thumbnails and in one image was a modern M249. I was so over the moon I messaged Joris and I said Please I beg you have that in. But I also wanted 2035 versions of current weapons.

http://www.armoryblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Airtronic-tactical-rpg7.jpg

In the vanilla Arma3, the only NATO countries represented were US and UK. It's actually not that far fetched that they shared same equipment.

In real world, both countries uses multi-cam based camo, and certain British special forces also adopted AR platform weapons.

But thats only because at that stage the AR was a proven system. Now the Spec ops are all into HK416's and 7. As multicam now is the go to guy as it just works so well. Well Kinda. but the British have now their own spin on it much like the US marines liked Cadpat and changed their design for the Marines. I think we arent saying make completely new uniforms with other camos. But a new model of a different Cut/ style in say MTP or Tropical MTP or a new Plate carrier based on that countries plate carrier would be welcome.

You mean the chain-link -ish pattern? Yea I got the same feeling when I read the xml-files and saw that stuff mentioned.

Yeah if you watch teh Dev diary it used as a background graphic element in titles. I thought they had square camo. Hex camo, MTP camo. CTRG camo so now triangle camo? But the CTRG camo is triangly unless they going digi camo but with triangles and not square pixels.

Just remember Monday is E3. So lets hope we will get Jay on the podium soon revealing the last bits. Really admire this thread with all the ideas and discussions. You guys deserve a round B)

• Like 1

Hey, what about a kickstarter to finance additional skin/vehicles/whatever, I order to get it to be free for everybody?

Those who want to pay just back it, and it would be used to pay artists to make content.

Ok I return to bed

Meanwhile, shipping a heli around Tanoa. No but yeah, the lack of Naval assets sucks, because there's some really bad ass designs that look modern they can use. Fingers crossed for after the storm on June 30th.

I'm hoping for this still. But I still think we'll end up doing it ourselves. 

Hey, what about a kickstarter to finance additional skin/vehicles/whatever, I order to get it to be free for everybody?

Those who want to pay just back it, and it would be used to pay artists to make content.

Ok I return to bed

I will gladly donate. I am game if you want to go ahead. I will need to set up my Paypal. But yeah I am keen

I will gladly donate. I am game if you want to go ahead. I will need to set up my Paypal. But yeah I am keen

I would be up to BIS to set this up, otherwise there would be no guarantee that they get the money. But they're not very likely to do so.

Just pure speculation, but you think BIS will drop another present @ E3 on Monday? Maybe full Apex content in dev branch or some vehicles/weapons/factions etc? I sure hope so :D In past seems like most new content spent a week or two in dev b4 releasing new content onto dev so if release is end of June(if) would give em a cpl weeks for bug squashing.

Yeah if you watch teh Dev diary it used as a background graphic element in titles. I thought they had square camo. Hex camo, MTP camo. CTRG camo so now triangle camo? But the CTRG camo is triangly unless they going digi camo but with triangles and not square pixels.

We meant the texture of the uniform (as in IRL definition of texture), not the patter. Look at the guy in the artwork again

Also, I think they're going to use a step-by-step approach to staging content like they did with A3 Early Access, my guess with infantry/Gear next, vehicles after, with a late june/early july release (probably 1st week july to give more time for vehicle tuning)

• Like 1

Just pure speculation, but you think BIS will drop another present @ E3 on Monday? Maybe full Apex content in dev branch or some vehicles/weapons/factions etc? I sure hope so :D In past seems like most new content spent a week or two in dev b4 releasing new content onto dev so if release is end of June(if) would give em a cpl weeks for bug squashing.

Given were 1/3rd through the month already, i would say yes. Monday or Tuesday we should some other part of Apex, whether it's Weapons, Vehicles or Factions, it's anyone's guess at this point.

Given were 1/3rd through the month already, i would say yes. Monday or Tuesday we should some other part of Apex, whether it's Weapons, Vehicles or Factions, it's anyone's guess at this point.

If you read the Arma 3 official Twitter. Monday is the day they plan to discuss Arma 4. I meant Arma 3 NOFX

Jay Crowe â€@jaycroweuk 11h11 hours ago

Arma 3's E3 TF Tanoa arrived & prep'ing for Monday's #pcgamingshow. We'll be talking all things Apex! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A1O4QiFd58 â€¦ #RoadToApex

I wonder what multi-player weapons and uniforms haven't been reveled.

Do you know that you can edit your posts?

On my side I think that we will get vehicles or weapons very shortly after E3. The only issue is that it would be around 20:30 in Europe, and devs are more likely to push their updates in the afternoon than in the evening. So maybe no content on Monday, but shortly after.

Ok I return to bed

i would pay for the artists that want to create high quality terrains 

Do you know that you can edit your posts?

On my side I think that we will get vehicles or weapons very shortly after E3. The only issue is that it would be around 20:30 in Europe, and devs are more likely to push their updates in the afternoon than in the evening. So maybe no content on Monday, but shortly after.

Well I will take it by the end of the new week we will see new items on Dev. That's possibly the latest. What we will get....mmmmmmm. Either the reskins of "old" NATO gear and vehicles. With new weapons scheduled for the second release and finally the new Vehicles last. With said campaign being the final. Unless its all rolled out in one go. But i think it will go in stages. With the best for last.

What I don't get they say . We will get 13 new weapons in total  but some weapons and clothing not shown? If you count the items on the table its 13?

i would pay for the artists that want to create high quality terrains 

Perhaps we need to start running Job listing ads here LOL. What did you have in mind?

Dix you know that you can edit your posts instead of posting multiple ones?

On my side, I wonder if they keeped some vehicles hidden.

What I don't get they say . We will get 13 new weapons in total  but some weapons and clothing not shown? If you count the items on the table its 13?

This is the explanation:

H2Oa5ZF.png

What i would recommend is a system where assets from modders / artists can be voted by the community and BI. If the asset fits in the game and also looks nicely then it can be added in arma3.

Also i think that they will continue to develop some more graphic updates in the furture.

Why do you think BI created steam analysis for ARMA3? They now have perfect numbers on what is played alot with what mod/addon and for how long and so on....... (they dont keep track of the smaller stuff like kill score and so on).

If a mod/addon got good numbers they will probely add a simular version to the vanilla game ;-) (Load options on vehicle's and the HUD are a great example for that in my opinion), this way they can make our gameplay even better! Adjust to what your community is playing and provide them with the goodies, but knowing the A3 team they will keep away from some detailed stuff from (for example) ACE3, even though they have great stuff with what can be added to vanilla but they also need to draw a line between "realism and extreem realism" and not overkill A3.

Send with mobile

Why do you think BI created steam analysis for ARMA3? They now have perfect numbers on what is played alot with what mod/addon and for how long and so on....... (they dont keep track of the smaller stuff like kill score and so on).

If a mod/addon got good numbers they will probely add a simular version to the vanilla game ;-) (Load options on vehicle's and the HUD are a great example for that in my opinion), this way they can make our gameplay even better! Adjust to what your community is playing and provide them with the goodies, but knowing the A3 team they will keep away from some detailed stuff from (for example) ACE3, even though they have great stuff with what can be added to vanilla but they also need to draw a line between "realism and extreem realism" and not overkill A3.

Send with mobile

Yea, but they only adding functions to the game. The idea is that artists can create models ONLY for arma3 vanillia. Like the CSGO skins (the artists also get some money). The problem is that BI is only working on the engine / functions not on the models / textures (only in addons /dlcs). Its more comfortable as downloading mods. Every server needs special mods and they need to be downloaded. It would be easier if they added some core models / texture in vanillia.

Yea, but they only adding functions to the game. The idea is that artists can create models ONLY for arma3 vanillia. Like the CSGO skins (the artists also get some money). The problem is that BI is only working on the engine / functions not on the models / textures (only in addons /dlcs). Its more comfortable as downloading mods. Every server needs special mods and they need to be downloaded. It would be easier if they added some core models / texture in vanillia.

So if they add every model/skin and so on are we not losing the part where mod makers are the people making this game so great?

Of course the first few times the mod makers will create content and hand it over to BI (as they own in a certain way all rights over created content for A3) but after a while they will stop doing that as it does not give them the pleasure in updating the content and so on and BI gets all credits for adding it ingame and not them..... once in BI hands it is out of their controle.

Maybe you are missing the point that BI delivers ARMA3 (a piece of paper) give you the tools to create anything you want (Pencil and a whipe) you can create what you want and how you want with these "tools" (pen and paper) and edit it in the way you want and how you want (need adjustment: whipe the line and draw a new 1).

They deliver a "basic game" with all the tools you need to make it fit to your own need: you want more realistic gameplay you can download ACE3, you want a flight carrier you can download that content in the workshop...... that's the entire idea behind the ARMA franchise we get the game and can almost do with it what we want, if they start doing that this forum would be half the size and have noone checking it because their is nothing to discuss among mod/mission makers anymore, and the price for ARMA3 would also be sky high!

Now they created Tanoa for us....... with some new content, the rest is up to our great community with mod makers to create new content and so on for this outstanding map to play with, that's how it always have been with ARMA and what makes ARMA the game as it is now ;-)

Send with mobile

• Like 2

So if they add every model/skin and so on are we not losing the part where mod makers are the people making this game so great?

Of course the first few times the mod makers will create content and hand it over to BI (as they own in a certain way all rights over created content for A3) but after a while they will stop doing that as it does not give them the pleasure in updating the content and so on and BI gets all credits for adding it ingame and not them..... once in BI hands it is out of their controle.

Maybe you are missing the point that BI delivers ARMA3 (a piece of paper) give you the tools to create anything you want (Pencil and a whipe) you can create what you want and how you want with these "tools" (pen and paper) and edit it in the way you want and how you want (need adjustment: whipe the line and draw a new 1).

I dont think so. They only add models / textures which we voted / which are needed. Also the modders get some money / credits. Its just that there will be still mods. But the mods are only for "special" things like ace3. If all want a glock / g36 whatever and someone made a great model why it shouldnt be in the game? BI makes some nice animations etc and it will be added in the next update. Or a system like kickstarter where we pay some money and so that the modder gets something back for the work.

I hope they find a system where modders are directly integrated in the workprogress and have the ability to influence the work on arma 3 vanillia.

• Like 1