cosmic10r

[SP] Ravage Vanilla Mission ported including Template

Nothing yet... let's say Haleks is aware it is very high on the want list. That being said, easier said then done so I wouldn't expect it right away.

Nothing yet... let's say Haleks is aware it is very high on the want list. That being said, easier said then done so I wouldn't expect it right away.

oh im not. i was just wondering if it was in the works. napf on arma 3 with ravage having building and traders? i got my old dayZ server back. HEHE :D

So im having a slight issue with Napf. For some reason i have to restart everytime i want to play it because it gives me at least 1 or more errors when i try to hit resume. idk why. i tried AIA: TP without the CUP stuff. (it says cup errors) then i tried the CUP terrains (it says AiA errors) so i then tried both AiA: TP and CUP Terrains and it says i have a CUP_Afgan something error. i can still play it but this is geting really annoying. 

if you need to know the exact errors i can post them when i get off work.

Hmmm sure... post the errors. I didn't get them...

Is it only on resume but not on initial launch ?

Hmmm sure... post the errors. I didn't get them...

Is it only on resume but not on initial launch ?

that is correct. only on resume. i can never resume this particular map/mission. i dont get any errors when i hit restart. loads me in and plops me where you wake up from the accident. ill be sure to post any errros i get as soon as i get off work at 11pm tonight. i assume you are in EST time? (mebbe?)

I'm on pst. I'll have a look this weekend and see if I can figure it out.

We have a lot of testing to do on the 1.35 Ravage update so bear with me ;)

Please note that i dont get exactly the same errors every single time or i dont notice it Sooooooooo here goes with the errors.

First when i have the CUP terrains only (core, maps, terrains) i get these errors when i hit resume on the napf mission http://www.mediafire.com/view/qa11q827tf5z47o/107410_20160324233626_1.png

then when i have both AiA and the cup terrains i get this error when the game is starting up (desktop with the A3 logo): CUP_Afghan_Config requires addon Cup_Afghan_Data then it said at the main menu no entry 'bin\config.bin/cfgPatches.Cup_Takistan_data' and finally when i hit resume, these: http://www.mediafire.com/view/ae48yv27g7pqne2/107410_20160324232449_1.png

and finally with only AiA i get this: http://www.mediafire.com/view/ew40ezj1d3q1dg2/107410_20160324232204_1.png

I just tried with only cup active... i started a game... saved it and resumed and I didnt get any errors and i could resume.

Im not sure why you would run both? I switched to CUP awhile back and havent had many issues at all.

In any case, it sounds like saving the game with aia creates a dependency in the save. I would test with only cup active through the whole process of starting and resuming..

let me know what happens with that. 

Not happening on this end though.

I just tried with only cup active... i started a game... saved it and resumed and I didnt get any errors and i could resume.

Im not sure why you would run both? I switched to CUP awhile back and havent had many issues at all.

In any case, it sounds like saving the game with aia creates a dependency in the save. I would test with only cup active through the whole process of starting and resuming..

let me know what happens with that. 

Not happening on this end though.

tried that. or at least i think i did. ill try saving a different way by doing it manually instead of save & exit. hmmm.

Edit: got it. know what it was? when i stupidly didnt have the napf map and i got loaded into stratis i have a save from that that had the name of "Ravage_Napf_A3.stratis" that was causing it. thank you for talking about save files. i knew to check the documents folder.

WTF.

How new are the versions here compared to the current version of Vanilla Ravage?

Edit: Nevermind I ended up answering my own question. But I did wanna say that after playing the extended version, it says there is not supposed to be any radiation but there is. If anything it wasnt taken completely away it was just dulled down. I went into a lot of bigger cities and towns where I would normally get radiation poisoning and it took me a while but I still got it, and the option in the radio still says "enable radiation." I know I didnt activate it because that is why I downloaded this version. I hate the radiation because its a little too OP.

I was playing on the Altis map, please fix! 

Thanks and great work on everything else though. Lots of AI and loot, especially loot with nothing in it! ;P Gotta love it.

I am voting for a Cherarus version of this. I am loving the extended version for Altis and if it was on Cherno map I don't think I would ever sleep. The only downfall is its supposed to have Radiation off by default and it doesnt =( But stil fun I love the increased activity of the AI and loot.

I am voting for a Cherarus version of this. I am loving the extended version for Altis and if it was on Cherno map I don't think I would ever sleep. The only downfall is its supposed to have Radiation off by default and it doesnt =( But stil fun I love the increased activity of the AI and loot.

there is. i cant find it on the main page but i have one. ill link it for you. its not gonna have building or traders yet.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9t5y61ta65hnt58/ravage.Chernarus.pbo  -the pbo goes in the missions folder and i also put this folder in there too. its don't think it's needed but i just put in in just in case. be sure not to put the pbo into the cherno folder itself. put both into the arma 3 missions folder separately.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cq4g2egys1xac/ravage.chernarus (i cant link a multiple file folder, stupid mediafire so just download everything in the ravage.chernarus folder and put the files all into a new folder with the name Ravage.Chernarus and put that into the missions folder)

if im right all you need regarding add-on maps is the CUP terrains (core, maps, cup terrains itself).

i hope its ok that i have this here cosmic. 

• Like 1

there is. i cant find it on the main page but i have one. ill link it for you. its not gonna have building or traders yet.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9t5y61ta65hnt58/ravage.Chernarus.pbo  -the pbo goes in the missions folder and i also put this folder in there too. its don't think it's needed but i just put in in just in case. be sure not to put the pbo into the cherno folder itself. put both into the arma 3 missions folder separately.

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cq4g2egys1xac/ravage.chernarus (i cant link a multiple file folder, stupid mediafire so just download everything in the ravage.chernarus folder and put the files all into a new folder with the name Ravage.Chernarus and put that into the missions folder)

if im right all you need regarding add-on maps is the CUP terrains (core, maps, cup terrains itself).

i hope its ok that i have this here cosmic. 

No versions of Ravage have traders... and they all have buildings? I think I may be confused on exactly what your talking about lol

Also even though I didn't say it, what I meant was an extended version on Cherno like the Altis one that is on the main page. I am loving that one just getting sick of Altis. I am still toying around with the Ravage template on others maps but I dont understand what half the stuff means or what it does so I am still slowly learning everything using the Wiki to best advantage that I can lol =)

No versions of Ravage have traders... and they all have buildings? I think I may be confused on exactly what your talking about lol

Also even though I didn't say it, what I meant was an extended version on Cherno like the Altis one that is on the main page. I am loving that one just getting sick of Altis. I am still toying around with the Ravage template on others maps but I dont understand what half the stuff means or what it does so I am still slowly learning everything using the Wiki to best advantage that I can lol =)

building bases. i was making sure you knew about ravage not having traders or bases. i already knew.

just tried my cherno map and its acting wierd. won't load into the map and crashes after it tries to load. says include file ravage\code\settings.sqf when i CTD. hmm.

i wonder if there is any way to UP the rate in which loot spawns in maps like altis for example because i can't seem to find anything.

building bases. i was making sure you knew about ravage not having traders or bases. i already knew.

just tried my cherno map and its acting wierd. won't load into the map and crashes after it tries to load. says include file ravage\code\settings.sqf when i CTD. hmm.

i wonder if there is any way to UP the rate in which loot spawns in maps like altis for example because i can't seem to find anything.

Yeah I got the same error with your Cherno Map, which is fine I was actually wanted to try one of the other maps cause its been a long time since I played them and even that was on Arma 2. I have been playing on the Napf Map for like 4 or 5 hours straight now and to be honest I have barely left my spawn zone haha. I am probably only a few clicks out from it. The loot could be upped a little on the Napf map or at least get some more building to spawn loot. There are quite a few that I have no found any loot in at all and there are some that rarely spawn and some that practically always have it. But I did manage to find a perfectly intact (no repairs at all) zamak transport and I have fought 5 or 6 bandits groups total. Have no found any survivors at all yet although I havent gotten very far. Been staying on the main road for the most part and there is a really annoying Ghost hawk that is chasing me around  it gets annoying but when it leaves it leaves for a while so i take that time to loot and kill things then it comes back so I just wait till it leaves again. Other than that I have been having fun. I also really enjoying the fact that I have not found a single running zombie, but the walkers seem to spawn in bigger groups than normal. I am loving that.   I think that is pretty much it lol  Now I am gonna try another map because why not?

EDIT: There also seem to be no radiation, so thats also really good. I have only found one half bottle of Antirad but I have been in a big town for quite a while and still havent gotten poisoned. So I am assuming there is no radiation or apparently this giant town wasnt poisoned lol

Yeah I got the same error with your Cherno Map, which is fine I was actually wanted to try one of the other maps cause its been a long time since I played them and even that was on Arma 2. I have been playing on the Napf Map for like 4 or 5 hours straight now and to be honest I have barely left my spawn zone haha. I am probably only a few clicks out from it. The loot could be upped a little on the Napf map or at least get some more building to spawn loot. There are quite a few that I have no found any loot in at all and there are some that rarely spawn and some that practically always have it. But I did manage to find a perfectly intact (no repairs at all) zamak transport and I have fought 5 or 6 bandits groups total. Have no found any survivors at all yet although I havent gotten very far. Been staying on the main road for the most part and there is a really annoying Ghost hawk that is chasing me around  it gets annoying but when it leaves it leaves for a while so i take that time to loot and kill things then it comes back so I just wait till it leaves again. Other than that I have been having fun. I also really enjoying the fact that I have not found a single running zombie, but the walkers seem to spawn in bigger groups than normal. I am loving that.   I think that is pretty much it lol  Now I am gonna try another map because why not?

EDIT: There also seem to be no radiation, so thats also really good. I have only found one half bottle of Antirad but I have been in a big town for quite a while and still havent gotten poisoned. So I am assuming there is no radiation or apparently this giant town wasnt poisoned lol

wierd you getting the SAME error as me. i did get that file from cosmic a while ago so it might need a tune up i.e remade for the newest ravage and game version or something.

A couple of things guys...

I'm not sure about that ctd. Sounds like the template needs an update. Means it can't find a file in ravage mid which means Haleks may have changed things around. You can likely get rid of it by deleting that line out of init.sqf as the module will handle settings.

There is no radiation or runners. If you want runners then change the ambient zombie module to mixture setting and set bolters ratio as high as you want.

If you need more loot then go to loot module and up those percentages. Don't be afraid to overdo it... we have been trying 95% for vital, weapons and ammo and still aren't getting a ton.

On a sad note. My pc crashed and when I restarted I had green matrix lines everywhere. Think my gpu is dying... pandemic. .. how have u liked your 970. I may have to go that route as a 980ti is a stupid price right now and pascal is coming this year.

A couple of things guys...

I'm not sure about that ctd. Sounds like the template needs an update. Means it can't find a file in ravage mid which means Haleks may have changed things around. You can likely get rid of it by deleting that line out of init.sqf as the module will handle settings.

There is no radiation or runners. If you want runners then change the ambient zombie module to mixture setting and set bolters ratio as high as you want.

If you need more loot then go to loot module and up those percentages. Don't be afraid to overdo it... we have been trying 95% for vital, weapons and ammo and still aren't getting a ton.

On a sad note. My pc crashed and when I restarted I had green matrix lines everywhere. Think my gpu is dying... pandemic. .. how have u liked your 970. I may have to go that route as a 980ti is a stupid price right now and pascal is coming this year.

all i need is to know how to open and what exactly to change and i can do it.  i was actually looking at getting a gtx 980 ti lightening. even though the pascal is coming out im sure its bound to be 2x as expensive as the 980 i want.

In regard to my card, it's a great one. i play my games in 4k and it doesn't seem to have lag when it unlocks the remaining .5gb.  as you might know 970's have a weird RAM structure 3.5gb are ready to go with a further .5 if you need it.

if you ever have a driver issue (like i had once) or any, you know, crippling gpu issues, msi will issue an rma and for your first rma they just send you a new card. 

here is the link for my card. it's not available on newegg according to the link but it should get you going from there. average price is around 300-400.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127837

I was getting the same error as well  ravage\code\settings.sqf  then ctd  but i removed the line from the init and its loads no problem but no loot is spawning at all. Cars, Zeds and Bandits are spawning, weird.

I was getting the same error as well  ravage\code\settings.sqf  then ctd  but i removed the line from the init and its loads no problem but no loot is spawning at all. Cars, Zeds and Bandits are spawning, weird.

i can never find loot lately (well only on a few maps can i never find loot) but where is the init file and which one? 

I'm gonna try a gigabyte 970 OC. See how it goes... comes with a copy of the division... which helps ease the pain a bit.

My buddy suggested it might be the psu which concerns me a bit as I already ordered the gpu. Anyways see how it goes...

Init.sqf Is in main mission folder... you should be able to find it there.

I'm gonna try a gigabyte 970 OC. See how it goes... comes with a copy of the division... which helps ease the pain a bit.

My buddy suggested it might be the psu which concerns me a bit as I already ordered the gpu. Anyways see how it goes...

Init.sqf Is in main mission folder... you should be able to find it there.

well ive got a gigabyte MB so i know there good. ive just been with msi for so long that i cant go with any other card manufacturer.

oh and main mission folder of what exactly?

Was wondering, are these ports going to have problems when the new Ravage update comes out?

well ive got a gigabyte MB so i know there good. ive just been with msi for so long that i cant go with any other card manufacturer.

oh and main mission folder of what exactly?

I had a gigabyte card before and was happy with it. This one is OC to 1325 mhz factory and 4 gigs of ram. .. my 690 was great for so long so I hope it at least meets that performance...

The main mission folder of your Cherno mission. So if u are using in the editor to edit and u copied the files from the template into your Cherno mission folder. .. it will be in there.

Was wondering, are these ports going to have problems when the new Ravage update comes out?

They shouldn't. .. most of the dev build revolves around mp tweaks... I haven't had an issue playing the ports on the dev build

• Like 1

I had a gigabyte card before and was happy with it. This one is OC to 1325 mhz factory and 4 gigs of ram. .. my 690 was great for so long so I hope it at least meets that performance...

The main mission folder of your Cherno mission. So if u are using in the editor to edit and u copied the files from the template into your Cherno mission folder. .. it will be in there.

They shouldn't. .. most of the dev build revolves around mp tweaks... I haven't had an issue playing the ports on the dev build

i think i found it. time to test.