majorexperimental

How block artillery at start and later usable after trigger event?

If I have an artillery vehicle AI-unit, controlled using radio buttons; is it possible to lock it from being used to start with and then later, possible to use after a certain trigger event?

Yes I mean "lock".
The artillery are controlled using radio buttons. I have tried to create the lock-unlock-function using a synchronized trigger to the "Support Provider" for the artillery but that have no effect....

You could set it's ammo to 0 and then rearm it when the trigger is activated.

• Like 1

You could set it's ammo to 0 and then rearm it when the trigger is activated.

Sounds promising. Can you hint how to code that trigger? Something using eventhandlers perhaps? (not good at coding)

Wouldn't it be simpler just to not enable the radio support option until later? I've seen an arty demo mission with this function, but it was for A2.

Wouldn't it be simpler just to not enable the radio support option until later? I've seen an arty demo mission with this function, but it was for A2.

Unfortunately I remembered incorrectly how the artillery was set-up… It was NOT using radio-buttons; instead the standard support-menu way…. So there is no trigger involved in controlling the AI-artillery unit; just standard module setup: a support requester --- support provider artillery -- vehicle group leader….

I try to work around the problem other ways but if solving the above problem the starting point is the support requester-setup...

In that case why not just link the artillery to the modules when they're needed, pre place the modules and name them, then when you want to use the modules use a trigger or something to run the following line.

[unit_name, myRequester_name, myProvider_name] call BIS_fnc_addSupportLink 
  • Like 2

In that case why not just link the artillery to the modules when they're needed, pre place the modules and name them, then when you want to use the modules use a trigger or something to run the following line.

[unit_name, myRequester_name, myProvider_name] call BIS_fnc_addSupportLink 

Interesting. The unit name? Is that the artillery vehicle?  I have 3 artillery vehicles; how code several units?? 

I did test this in "on act"...

[unit_Art1Scorcher, myRequester_SuppReq, myProvider_SupportProviderSArti] call BIS_fnc_addSupportLink 

...but it did not work meaning the artillery unit did not come "online" after the trigger has fired. I assume the right place for the above code is in "on act"..

When you write underscore; is that meant to be included in the code?